Used 2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki Grand-vitara - Consumer Reviews

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Good small truck not crossover....
By fred102

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have my 07 Grand Vitara since a year and half ago... so far it is doing great. I bought it will 45,000 miles and already has 71,000 and it feels as good as new....of course, synthetic oil every 3,000 mls, besides that gas. Dont use cheap gas on this truck because you are wasting your money. the truck wont run the right way and in the last run, you are just cutting the life of your truck. Tires, it came with hancook tires and still has the same in great shape. Remember and dont get confuse, this is not a crossover Mickey Mouse AWD car. this is a small 4x4 truck with a real chassis and frame and thats makes a difference...

Favorite Features

It feels like a truck. And it feels good driving a 4x4 not a crossover AWD

Suggested Improvements

Bigger tires, and lifted a little bit more. and the cover bumpers are kind of too soft for a real 4x4 truck...

Love my Truck
By cobratan

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

It was my first SUV and I am very impressed with all of its standard features, performance, off-road capability, and craftsmanship. It handles well in all weather conditions.I live in Alberta where there is only few months of Summer and Longer Winter months.It drives like a Truck cause it is a Truck but much better than my old GM Truck.I have been enjoying it for the pass 4 years with no major issues.

Favorite Features

Cruise Control and Audio Controll on the Steering Wheel is Great.

Suggested Improvements

Halogen light should last longer than 3 years.

Good looking, strong little SUV
By Ken

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I like this car. I live in Costa Rica and it is particularly well suited to local driving conditions, i.e. less high speed highway and more challenging rough country roads. I have driven this vehicle through dozens of rivers and through some very rough country and have found it inspires confidence in these conditions. It is a very solid machine with both frame and unibody construction.

Favorite Features

Good looking, go anywhere vehicle! I like the exterior and interior design though interior dash/trim plastic is disappointing. It is reliable and not a gas guzzler.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality of interior plastic trim. Increase sound proofing to cut down road noise at highway speeds. I have the 4 cylinder and would like a little more power.

Awesome Vehicle
By Desarae

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Grand Vitara I had a Forenza previously. I love the vehicle I have had no Major issue I have changed tire on the vehicle that is it it was at 30,000. Its reliable and I love it! i would recommend it to people. And I think people below should not complain about maintenance on your vehicle. It's part of being a vehicle owner deal with it!

Disappointed
By Vickie

2007 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

At first loved this car. Disappointed at 15,000 miles needed new tires - Have 28,000 miles on and won't pass inspection - needs new brakes and left rear wheel bearing. Compared to my other cars in the past I never had this many problems at 28,000 miles. Tire pressure light constantly comes on. Very noisy when you turn the a/c on. Just feel this car was very cheaply made. Worried if my brakes and tires went this quick - what about the engine?

Favorite Features

I love the look of the car. Rides nice. First SUV I owned and won't go back to a car. Just won't get another Suzuki

Suggested Improvements

Tires and Brakes