2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Review: Nothing But Headaches After th

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Review

Premium 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Nothing But Headaches After the First 3 Years
By jlaura on

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Premium 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this vehicle for exactly 3 years. I purchased it new in October of 2006. It seems like all the problems began on November 1, 2009. There were multiple recalls (I received notice of the power steering belt recall two weeks after having it replaced); I've replaced the tires twice; the headlights go out all the time; the CD player no longer works. Most recently, I've been having engine troubles. My mechanic tells me that the throttle body has some kind of defect that makes it prone to getting clogged. As a result, my car won't start sometimes. My last Suzuki had a rear main seal leak at 55,000 miles. I should have learned my lesson then... At 78000 with this one; hope to get to 100000

Affordable SUV, Radio controls on the steering wheel, Windows, locks, and AC have worked very well, Solild sound system

Radio/CD player has issues, occasional random tremors, more space for backseat passengers