Used 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Good Buy so far
By mike

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my suzuki with 18,000 miles already on it. The gas mileage is as stated if you drive 55mph or less, at 70mph it drops to 19/21 mpg. engine power is 'avg' but the transmission seems weak. Interior is holding together well, so is exterior. 4-wheel alignment is a must as it comes from the factory way off. The brakes seem to fade away when slowing from high speeds. Undecided if i would buy another Suzuki or not, but i think a better vehicle would be much more expensive.

Seat is fairly comfortable. Most controls are within easy reach.

Needs more engine power, and the transmission needs improvement.

If You Want To Spend Lots Of Money!.....
By Billy Boy

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Buy this suv! I have 49,000 miles now on my 06, I can not keep front tires on it,I am on my third set of tires!I know Suzuki knows of this problem!! Ive talked to a lot of people also having the same problems!Also keep extra headlight bulbs with you! about every3-4 months you will be changing them!As like another reviewer said:you mite as well wipe your crack with the paper the warranty is written on! The belt tension control arm is plastic, so around 45,000 miles it went up, costing me almost $400!Cd player does not work now,i guess the dealer would want about the est value of the vehicle to install a new one. Im very disappointed with you Suzuki!

It is awesome in the snow!

Come on Suzuki! I know you can build a better vehicle than that!

No Problems Here
By Phil

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great small SUV that's fun to drive. Have had it just a few weeks, but have had no problems with it. The only thing I don't care for is the gas mileage, seems I'm stopping more often than i use to with my Olds Silloutte I traded for it. It however does have smaller tank too. It is very peppy though when it comes to getting out on the highway which I like.

Stereo 6 CD changer with sub, has a great sound. All at your convienence on the stearing wheel too. The interior height is nice as well as the room inside. The peppy 2.7 V-6.

The tilt wheel is lame and the gas mileage are my only two suggestions that need to be looked at.

Love it, every day I get in it!!
By gruss

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second GV. Sure the mileage could be better, but it's right there on the sticker when you buy it. I generally drive a couple of miles below the speed limit or right at it. So my mileage is great, 30hwy. Great stereo system and the six of my CD's of the moment sound great through the speakers and sub!! Seats are very comfortable, like your favorite chair. It is longer than the previous model, and it was noticed, in backseat room and cargo space. I can't say I needed it and I liked my '99 better in that respect, but I got over it. To you, drive it, love it, buy it, and love it again everyday 'till you are ready for a new one! I know, and will get another when the time comes.

On the wheel stereo controls and cruise features, stereo/6cd changer/speakers/sub, comfort, performance, handling in snow and rain, and it's all around pretty darn awesome.

Although the extra space is nice for riders. I particularly liked the shorter/smaller version from the previous model. My little SUV isn't so little anymore. But, small price to pay for a great car!

I think it's a good SUV
By drdud

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased in may of 2006 ( V6 ),the first year milage was rough , but now i'm getting 20 plus around town and 25 plus from the N.E. corner of Pa to Phila a 120 mile run . Mostly on the turnpike .Its a pleasure to run the pike with this smooth riding and running SUV. I'm pretty pickey . I have purchased 15 new cars and trucks over the years not counting the used ones . I rate this very Good and its easier for me to get in with my bad back then a subaru which is too low.

its pretty , heated seats , running lights ,good sound system ,good pep quiet,Love the ability to put it in 4x4 any time I want , etc.

Tilt wheel ,display in dash with temp and milage (can't see in the day time).

• SUV