2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Love our Grand Vitara
By Budman on 02/01/06 22:26 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I never wanted an SUV. Our friend convinced us to take a test drive and we were hooked. It fit our needs and it's new design was unique and set us aside from the "normal" look of all other SUVs. The features and quality are just as good as many other more expensive models. So far we have 4,000 miles on our Grand Vitara and we are still happy without any problems.

Suzuki Grand Vitara - Best SUV
By Mike on 12/26/05 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just got the new Grand Vitara Luxury Edition on 12/20/05. I am very impressed with its handling and performance. The amenities inside are amazing! I got mine with all the toys! Leather, sunroof, 17 in. wheels, and Keyless entry. This truck has great handling, a wonderful appearance, and a quality interior. The Grand Vitara's luxury interior has tons of great standard stuff. Mine has a V6 engine and 4WD. It has a real truck / tank-like build and frame. My wife loves the keyless entry and nice looks. It has a smooth quiet ride and a neat power thrust button for automatics (puts 'sport' back in SUV). The compact body is important if you live in upstate NY. As I street park in a big city like Albany. The off-road capabilities are useful for unplowed streets and deep potholes.

Superb Value
By Rey on 12/07/05 14:19 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Before purchasing my Grand Vitarra (GV), I considered the Honda CR-V and the Toyota RAV4. However, after doing some extensive research, I found the GV to be a well rounded package, which offers true off road ability and standard equipment found in much more expensive SUVs. I now have 1,500 miles and thus far the driving experience has been very good. The road noise is kept to a minimum, the V6 is smooth and peppy and the brakes do a fine job, stopping short and straight. The interior looks upscale and the exterior looks modern and "fresh." I especially like the front end. The fuel mileage is good for a V6. Prior to this, I owned a 2000 Nissan Xterra, and that was quite thirsty. The GV is highly recommended!

Not Just Another SUV
By Ryan Ellis on 12/04/05 15:37 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara handles better than any other SUV I have ever driven. I test drove the Jeep Liberty - no spunk, the Hyundia Tuscan - no pick up or response, and the Honda CR-V - poor interior and brake quality. For the price nothing beats the Grand Vitara. With the near 50/50 weight distrubution, I feel like I'm driving a sports car - not a truck. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to spend the right money for the safety and warranty to keep one feeling at ease. I've always loved Lexus SUVs but never wanted to spend $40,000 plus for luxury, smartpass keyless, heated seats, leather, sunroof, and homelink. Suzuki found the alternative for me and built a customer to last.

Check this truck out!
By Rafael H on 11/01/05 15:15 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just got the 2006 Grand Vitara. I am amazed at all the stuff that comes with this truck and the price! I got mine with the premium package. I love the keyless entry system. The stereo is relly nice. The leather and the wood panels make it feel more expensive than it is.

New to Suzuki Cars
By GVXR on 10/27/05 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at and driving every small SUV, were set on a Jeep Liberty. On the way to purchase we saw the Grand Vitara and stopped. Took a test drive and purchased. It drives nice, looks great and offers many features for the money. With no prior experience with Suzuki cars, although I currently own 4 Suzuki motorcycles, it was the warranty that made the decision to purchase easy!

So Far a Great Vehicle!
By PackagingPro on 10/12/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was hesitant to buy this vehicle. I am really impressed overall with the levels of comfort and features. It has two minor flaws: 1) higher road and engine noise than I expected. 2) Window on tailgate doesn't open. Overall I would recomend this vehicle.

First Impressions
By Subvet on 09/17/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted to trade a Hemi V8 that I loved for a vehicle with an automatic transmission and better gas mileage. I knew Suzuki for their bikes but knew nothing about their automobiles. After doing some research I found that they have been faily well known overseas in quite a few countries. Anyway, I test drove a couple of different models and was there when the new Grand Vitara arrived. The changes and improvements are quite noticable so I purchased the luxury model. I am coming up to 1,000 miles and my first impressions are favorable. The truck has good looks, and decent pickup with the V6 motor. The luxury package makes the vehicle and it gets reasonable gas mileage. Do your research on some owners' sites and go from there. Good Luck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.