Used 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Great SUV
By Paul

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am really impressed with the Grand Vitara. It is a well built vehicle. I like the interior and exterior styling. It gives a solid sound when the doors are shut. IThe interior controls are well thought our and driver friendly. Its good handling is a plus. For anyone looking for a small SUV, take a minute to check out the Grand Vitara. You will be gald that you did!

I like the styling, solid feel, and safety features.

It should have more rear air vents.

Excellent Compact SUV
By TX SUZUKI

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Suzuki Grand Vitara is an excellent choice for a compact SUV. The V6 Luxury model has plenty of power and gets great gas milage. The interior is very nice with a great stock stereo and sound system. It is XM radio and MP3 player ready.

I like how there is no need for the key to start engine and no need for a remote to unlock the doors (however, the remote must be with you).

WOW!
By gailr

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

After having my last vehicle (a Honda) for 13 years and 225,000 miles, I had no intention of changing loyalties. However, being intrigued by the design I opened the door and the rest is history! A test drive and two emails later, I bought one of the first Suzuki's this dealer offered. With extremely long legs, I had resigned myself to never being comfortable on long drives...three months and 3,500 miles later, I can testify that 4 1/2 hour trips without stopping are no longer painful!

The simplicicty of the design.

Four thoughts: 1. the luxury package should include electric seat adjustments, 2. the gas mileage should be better, 3. being tall -- having to pull the visor completely down before moving it sideways completely blocks road view for a few seconds and 4. cruise control "jerks" when trying to accerlate.

Perfect Little SUV For the City
By Jim Archer

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Grand Virara is surprisingly nimble on the highway, as we learned on our first two roadtrips (approximately 350 miles each). It is very comfortable for an SUV with a short wheelbase and acceptable fuel mileage. We are totally happy with the intown driving experience...easy to park, easy to enter and exit, and easy to love. This will not be our normal trip vehicle, but will be our first choice for around town!

The price...is comes fully loaded vehicle for the same price as a base Toyota

Auto door locks when vehicle exceeds 5 mph would be nice.

My Second Grand Vitra
By john grace

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Suzuki Grand Vitra. The first was a 2000 Limited model, which I had for almost six years. During that time I had no problems. It was a great SUV and this one is even better. It's a great SUV at a great price.