2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.7L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews 2

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L V6 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Great SUV
By Paul on 08/09/06 19:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am really impressed with the Grand Vitara. It is a well built vehicle. I like the interior and exterior styling. It gives a solid sound when the doors are shut. IThe interior controls are well thought our and driver friendly. Its good handling is a plus. For anyone looking for a small SUV, take a minute to check out the Grand Vitara. You will be gald that you did!

Excellent Compact SUV
By TX SUZUKI on 08/01/06 14:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Suzuki Grand Vitara is an excellent choice for a compact SUV. The V6 Luxury model has plenty of power and gets great gas milage. The interior is very nice with a great stock stereo and sound system. It is XM radio and MP3 player ready.

WOW!
By gailr on 07/26/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

After having my last vehicle (a Honda) for 13 years and 225,000 miles, I had no intention of changing loyalties. However, being intrigued by the design I opened the door and the rest is history! A test drive and two emails later, I bought one of the first Suzuki's this dealer offered. With extremely long legs, I had resigned myself to never being comfortable on long drives...three months and 3,500 miles later, I can testify that 4 1/2 hour trips without stopping are no longer painful!

Perfect Little SUV For the City
By Jim Archer on 07/05/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The Grand Virara is surprisingly nimble on the highway, as we learned on our first two roadtrips (approximately 350 miles each). It is very comfortable for an SUV with a short wheelbase and acceptable fuel mileage. We are totally happy with the intown driving experience...easy to park, easy to enter and exit, and easy to love. This will not be our normal trip vehicle, but will be our first choice for around town!

My Second Grand Vitra
By john grace on 06/24/06 04:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Suzuki Grand Vitra. The first was a 2000 Limited model, which I had for almost six years. During that time I had no problems. It was a great SUV and this one is even better. It's a great SUV at a great price.

An unexpected purchase
By Ron L. on 06/12/06 12:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't expecting to buy, but 3 1/2 hours later drove off with my new '06 Grand Vitara with the luxury package. My father had owned a '93 Sidekick and best friend an old '87 Samurai, which are quite plebian by the Vitara's standards, but Suzuki always had a great reputation for its engines and drivetrains. I got a "killer deal" with $5,000 off the MSRP and they are putting in the XM from my old car into the Vitara for free. So, for $18,500 I have all the bells and whistles, moonroof, leather, nice stereo, etc... you just can't get this level of performance, engine, and a luxury package with any other SUV in it's class or higher. All Japaneese parts and assembly is certainly a plus.

Good Car
By Al on 06/10/06 20:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love the Grand Vitara. I had a '99 Dodge Intrepid with the 2.7 engine and my Grand Vitara has so much more pick up It cruies on the interstate at 75-85 mph quite well. The only complaint, I have is on the luxury model with CD/Aux radio, I still haven't found the input jack. I guess that is optional.

A Good Long Term Investment
By Satisfied Buyer on 04/16/06 20:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

My Grand Vitara has exceeded my expectations. This is a solid well-built vehicle. There is only one way to get this SUV - with the Luxury Package. The keyless entry and start is fantastic. My wife never takes the control unit out of her purse. The combination of two-tone leather, brushed aluminum and wood grain finish is rich and classy. The driver seat subwoofer will rock your world if needed. The driving is nimble; ride is acceptable for a SUV. However, watch when you test drive one. The dealers over inflate the tires (40 PSI), resulting in a bumpy ride. Once we got the correct tire pressure (32 PSI) the ride was fine. The strong V6 engine gets, 21 MPG on avg (itís an SUV). For the money, extras and quality this one was the best product.

Luv the Grand Vitara
By Nick on 02/13/06 19:11 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was NOT in the market for an SUV. I wanted a compact car like the Scion, but then my eyes fell on this red beauty with the premium package and I fell in love. She's easy to manuver, turns on a dime and the brakes are wonderful. I notice no noise and she's as smooth and sweet as cream to drive. She can haul so much stuff - I moved into a new home and have been buying used furniture and have been all over town. I managed to fit a dining table and four chairs in the back. It's so convenient to know that I can buy huge items and it will fit. The stereo is wonderful, the leather feels so fine and I love the moonroof that doesn't mess my hair. I use to hate to drive, now I love it.

Excellent Stylish SUV
By Nickie on 02/03/06 02:52 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara is a fabulous SUV. It has great handling and is easy to drive. They make it easy to fold down the rear seats, though the 2-seater is a bit heavy to pull up. It has such a smooth ride that I barely feel the ton of pot holes that they roads in my area have. I love how high up it is and how this height allows me to see the traffic situation from further up. It handles beautifully and is very responsive. The ride is so smooth I don't realize I'm hitting 70-80 mph unless I look at speedometer. It's a sweet riding vehicle, very comfortable to drive and I have back and leg problems. It makes being stuck in rush hour a way better experience.