2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
113K and still fun to drive
By alrod on 08/26/13 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Suzuki new in 2006 and have had no issues other than one tire change and a couple of brake jobs. I am sad that Suzuki no longer makes this vehicle because it has served me well and has been nothing short of reliable.

One of the best cars I have ever owned
By woodinhills on 02/10/13 07:48 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in Denver, in 3/2006. Is turning 100,000 tomorrow, so here's a review: Very fun to drive, "tight" feel, firm but not overly so suspension, decent ground clearance. TRUE 4x4, with Low Range- EXC! I lived @ 8,600' elevation for 7 years, and this little beast will climb thru 3' of powder snow with mud and snow tires. Decent sound system with subwoofer, CLIMATE CONTROL is really terrific! Comfy seats, but the driver's is coming apart a bit.

not all that great
By cbird511 on 09/17/12 16:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV XSport 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

all 4 tires only lasted 1yr, 17'' rims just makes it very expensive to replace tires and spare only had 16''rim, 6 cd player ate my cds and to replace costs hundreds, replaced battery 3X already, replaced both headlights 3X already, replaced broken rear shock that caused the car to fishtail in bad weather, was told it was a 4WD when I bought it but wasn't, seats very uncomfortable and hard, dummy lights continue to come on randomly, brakes always squealed, interior light just fell into pieces, if your auto headlight switch is off, which is hidden behind the steering wheel, you can be driving at night with no tail lights. very dangerous, window cracks too easy. 2nd window cracking. Etc Etc..

Nothing But Headaches After the First 3 Years
By jlaura on 07/26/12 12:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Premium 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I loved this vehicle for exactly 3 years. I purchased it new in October of 2006. It seems like all the problems began on November 1, 2009. There were multiple recalls (I received notice of the power steering belt recall two weeks after having it replaced); I've replaced the tires twice; the headlights go out all the time; the CD player no longer works. Most recently, I've been having engine troubles. My mechanic tells me that the throttle body has some kind of defect that makes it prone to getting clogged. As a result, my car won't start sometimes. My last Suzuki had a rear main seal leak at 55,000 miles. I should have learned my lesson then... At 78000 with this one; hope to get to 100000

LOVE IT!!
By tyjames13 on 02/17/12 00:13 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

iv had my grand vitara for about a year now and im very happy i bought it. When i first bought it the headlights were dual but i bought new sylvania head lights and they work great. love the AWD love turning corners way to fast! engine looks and sound great. im always getting complements on how it looks as well. i take it off roading pretty frequently and she loves it. my grand vitara now has 65,000 miles on it and still runs like brand new! i also love the leather, heated seats and moon roof, makes driving my car more fun..i have had a couple cars before, a 2002 chevy trailblazer LTZ, a 2006 toyota highlander, a 2008 hyundia elantra and now my suzuki. i'm 19 years old and im in love with it

At 60,000 miles as good as Honda or Toyota
By reyz on 02/25/11 21:10 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am happy to report that my GV has been very reliable. I bought the GV new in October of 2005, minus a recall for an idler pulley, and an oxygen sensor that went bad I have only had to perform regular maintenance. The body, and interior have held up well. No different from a Honda or Toyota product, which I have also owned. The GV has taken the harsh NJ winters with stride. The GV offers lots of value, and its interior is quite spacious for a small SUV.

Please don't waste your money
By lilyj on 02/23/11 15:08 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV XSport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this suv brand new with 7 miles on it, it's horrible there has been muilt recalls, i've had to put money into repairing it month after month... complete waste! ( only 50,000 miles)

Disappointed
By Sandra Andrade on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Loved my Grand Vitara when I bought it new. Now have 65K+ miles on it, have replaced a headlight bulb, dome bulb has burned out, replaced tires at 40K miles, 3 recalls, and recently power steering rack had to be replaced. Had to replace strut mount bearings as well. It also smells musty every time it rains, but cannot find where any water is coming in. Would not buy another Suzuki. Owned a 1995 Suzuki Sidekick for 4 years, and absolutely loved it, no problems at all. Disappointed in my Grand Vitara. Road noise is also very loud..seems to get worse as miles are added to vehicle.

Would never own another Suzuki
By Mary on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV XSport 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my GV with 17 miles on it and by 13,ooo miles had to replace 2 tires. At 23,000 had to replace the other two tires. Had to deal with 2 recall issues, one happened before the recall notice was made. Brakes started to feel mushy and at 38,000 miles 2 more tires were wearing out!! Gas mileage was terrible and the head lights made driving terrible at night! Just traded it in on 09/06/10 for a Toyota that I love!! Buying the Suzuki was the most costly and stupid mistake I ever made.

Need Better Seats
By MaiPhet on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Not bad for first couple of miles. V-6 with a manual stickshift real peppy to drive. Body style and interior design real modern. Handles well on road. But my biggest disappointment with this vehicle was the front seats. When taking a drive over an hour long my back would start hurting, I even tried buying seat covers with a inflatable lumbar. Back hurt so bad I traded it in.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.