Used 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

113K and still fun to drive
By alrod

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Suzuki new in 2006 and have had no issues other than one tire change and a couple of brake jobs. I am sad that Suzuki no longer makes this vehicle because it has served me well and has been nothing short of reliable.

It is amazing how much stuff this car can carry. lumber, palm trees, furniture, etc. It is surprizing.

Better carpeting. That's about it.

Great SUV
By James

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I decided to write a review as I kept seeing lower reviews for this model. I have no idea why. I have owed over 15 cars (all new over the years), and this is a nice SUV. In over 60,000 miles, I have not had to take the car in for any type of warranty work at all. Just the normal oil & lubes and maintenance. My front brakes finally had to be replaced at around 42,000. My only complaint is that the MPG is too low for this size SUV with a 6 cylinder. I get a combined of around 18. I feel it should get at least 20. Other than that, the pricing was great and I have absolutely no complaints.

Great sound system. Sporty feel to the drive. (at 52,000 I replaced the original tires with about 1 inch wider tires, but the same height to not mess up the speedometer.

Get a more fuel efficient engine, or put duals on it to help the existing engine. About 1 inch wider and 1 inch more leg room for rear seat passengers would be great.

Suzuki 06
By naag22

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We were happy with our vehicle in the first year of purchase.We have now realized that we need more room and the fuel economy is not what was expected by far!! It does not pick up speed as well either. A good car but not great. We are a family of four now and need something more efficient and roomy.

The interior we always thought of classy. The color of the tan leather was very nice. We loved the control buttons for the radio, seat warmers and style of vehicle.

Power seats, lock for gear shift.

Love the Vehicle
By Arnold Goodman

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Looks like an SUV yet drives like a car. Handles well in local traffic and on long rides. Driven to New York and back it was a pleasure. Opened the moon roof listened to the XM radio time, flew by. Height is great for seeing on the road, not too big so parking and maneuvering is great. People comment about the looks of the vehicle.

The leather seats are so comfortable, the moon roof is great. Most comfortable vehicle my wife and I have ever had.

Better gas mileage. We knew when we bought it that gas mileage would not compare to other vehicles but the vehicle's overall performance won us over.

Our First Family SUV
By Sherwin

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

When we first test drove the Suzuki Grand Vitara, we could feel its intense power and handling. It was widely noticed with its hot sleek looks, and came with a 4 mode 4WD system that I only expected from top end vehicles. The 2006 model was the first to have the new looks. Recently we went through a blizzard and the SUV handled amazingly. No slipping or getting stuck in the snow.

The 4-mode 4WD system, micron air filtration, heated seats, new body design, aerodynamic design, European design, anti-theft stereo, Smartpass keyless entry and engine start, XM-ready radio, automatic lights, and automatic temp, mpg gauge, and temp gauge.

Give it a better paint-job and rear disc brakes, not drum brakes.