2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
113K and still fun to drive
By alrod on 08/26/13 14:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Suzuki new in 2006 and have had no issues other than one tire change and a couple of brake jobs. I am sad that Suzuki no longer makes this vehicle because it has served me well and has been nothing short of reliable.

Great SUV
By James on 08/21/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I decided to write a review as I kept seeing lower reviews for this model. I have no idea why. I have owed over 15 cars (all new over the years), and this is a nice SUV. In over 60,000 miles, I have not had to take the car in for any type of warranty work at all. Just the normal oil & lubes and maintenance. My front brakes finally had to be replaced at around 42,000. My only complaint is that the MPG is too low for this size SUV with a 6 cylinder. I get a combined of around 18. I feel it should get at least 20. Other than that, the pricing was great and I have absolutely no complaints.

Suzuki 06
By naag22 on 11/04/07 18:55 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

We were happy with our vehicle in the first year of purchase.We have now realized that we need more room and the fuel economy is not what was expected by far!! It does not pick up speed as well either. A good car but not great. We are a family of four now and need something more efficient and roomy.

Love the Vehicle
By Arnold Goodman on 05/18/07 05:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

Looks like an SUV yet drives like a car. Handles well in local traffic and on long rides. Driven to New York and back it was a pleasure. Opened the moon roof listened to the XM radio time, flew by. Height is great for seeing on the road, not too big so parking and maneuvering is great. People comment about the looks of the vehicle.

Our First Family SUV
By Sherwin on 12/09/06 22:37 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

When we first test drove the Suzuki Grand Vitara, we could feel its intense power and handling. It was widely noticed with its hot sleek looks, and came with a 4 mode 4WD system that I only expected from top end vehicles. The 2006 model was the first to have the new looks. Recently we went through a blizzard and the SUV handled amazingly. No slipping or getting stuck in the snow.

Suzuki Has Really Improved
By pastorbigc on 11/08/06 03:49 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven in 2003, 2004, 2005 Grand Vitaras, but I got into the new body style and chassis and there were no comparison of how much better it rode. The power of the engine and the look inside and outside are extremely great. It has a little engine noise as you take off. Overall I'm very pleased!

My 'Lil Red Fire Truck
By kimmie on 10/10/06 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am so happy with my new car! I was very skeptical of small SUVs until I drove this one. I was quite surprised at all of the wonderful safety features and how it hugs the road. It does not feel like a 4 wheel drive SUV, it feels like a luxury car. I love my new 'lil red fire truck!

Enjoyable and Reliable
By Walter Farrer on 09/17/06 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

So far the Suzuki Grand Vitara has been a very enjoyable and reliable vehicle. I truly like the vehicle line, style and comfort. Features I would have liked to have are bluetooth, a power lock/unlock button on the passenger side, and an iPod jack.

Gas Guzzler
By rey on 08/17/06 06:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Grand Vitara for six months now. It is totally a gas guzzler. Mine is only averaging 12 miles per gallon in the city and 17 mpg on highways. The culprit is the high reving engine and confusing climate control system. It seems like the A/C always turns on. It is a total disappointment.

Nice Ride for the Money!
By Sandriver on 08/14/06 15:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara Luxury 4dr SUV (2.7L 6cyl 5A)

About a month ago I purchased a Suzuki Grand Vitara and what a nice ride! At the time I was looking to purchase a small size SUV to use as my daily drive car and did a lot of looking on the net. I basically narrowed it down to the Hyundai Santa Fe, Kia Sportage and the Suzuki Grand Vitara. I drove all three vehicles (more than once) and decided to buy the Luxury package model Suzuki Grand Vitara for two main reasons. One was the available horsepower and shifting, the second was the quality of the interior and leather. The motor has more torque and the automatic transmission shifts smoothly. The other two seemed weak and the shifting was jumpy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.