Used 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

This Car is the "Bomb"
By Gary Cates

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 1999 Suzuki Grand vitara with 200,000? miles on it. It's never been in the shop for anything mechanical or major. I'm 68 years old and this is one of the best cars I have ever owned. We live on top of a mountain in Colorado and this car has never let us down. We are looking to upgrade to a 2005 model. But, whatever we buy, it's going to be a Suzuki! Thanks, Gary Cates

Very bad experience
By chris

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the vehicle a few months ago and had nothing but problems with it. Engine smoked twice, brought it to the dealership and they supposeably fixed problem..master cylinder. Engine caught on fire a few nights ago and doors automatically locked myself and passenger inside. Horrible experience, we're okay but truck was destroyed by fire. Suspected defective parts in engine. I wouldn't recommend this truck. Also the trim work kept falling off, was replaced twice. Glued on numerous times.

It was a comfortable truck inside. Seats were great. Cute looking truck. Not as great on gas as dealer suggested. Got about the same gas mileage as my old Ford Explorer.

Fix the trimwork so it doesn't fall off. Have more helpful staff. Suzuki didn't seem to care too much about what happened.