Used 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Good car for the money
By Marcia

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the vehicle used with 26K miles. So far the only major problem has been the failure of the A/C evaporator core (about ($900 to repair). The cargo space is small. My honda civic could carry more stuff. Leg room could be better but okay if you are average height. Otherwise powerful engine, excellent in hwy driving and passing, and hilly terrain.Great features for the price and quality interior components.

Favorite Features

Power windows, rear windshield wipers, intuitive dashboard control placement, overall reliability, cool A/C when before the core died.

Suggested Improvements

Lack of cargo capacity, A/C problem at 49K miles.

Good value
By mike

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's a fun little SUV to drive. Great on snow and off road. Not too good from 0 to 60, a bit slow off the start. Gas mileage not the greatest. But has lots of standard features than most SUVs for a great price. Almost all options except sunroof. It's two years later and never had a problem.

Favorite Features

All-nice little truck.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and faster off the start. Nice mags would help.

One great car!
By Ginny

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1991 Suzuki Sidekick for years and loved it. When I went for a new car in 2005, I knew exactly what I would purchase. This car drives like a dream and is extremely comfortable.

Favorite Features

Outside temperature reading; wonderful radio, comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Sunroof on all SUVs

Suzuki Grand Vitara
By txk209

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara EX Rwd 4dr SUV w/ABS (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grand Vitara. As of today, 9/7/05, it has no problems other than a minor one with the CD player. I will go back to dealer and have them to fix the CD changer. This is an excellent little SUV to keep if you tend to keep the car 6 years or longer. Its fuel enconomy is about 19.50 ~ 21.88 mpg in my area. Mine is a great color (I have the blue bi-tone). I suggest using Mobile 1 sythetic oil for motor oil, differential and automatic transmission for long lasting lift of vehicle.

Favorite Features

The color, driver's seat, and V6 power.

Suggested Improvements

Sometimes bumpy ride, Suzuki should add electrical stableabilty control. The driver's side door needs to unlock automatically when you exit the vehicle.

Very bad experience
By chris

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the vehicle a few months ago and had nothing but problems with it. Engine smoked twice, brought it to the dealership and they supposeably fixed problem..master cylinder. Engine caught on fire a few nights ago and doors automatically locked myself and passenger inside. Horrible experience, we're okay but truck was destroyed by fire. Suspected defective parts in engine. I wouldn't recommend this truck. Also the trim work kept falling off, was replaced twice. Glued on numerous times.

Favorite Features

It was a comfortable truck inside. Seats were great. Cute looking truck. Not as great on gas as dealer suggested. Got about the same gas mileage as my old Ford Explorer.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the trimwork so it doesn't fall off. Have more helpful staff. Suzuki didn't seem to care too much about what happened.