2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Good car for the money
By Marcia on 12/17/09 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the vehicle used with 26K miles. So far the only major problem has been the failure of the A/C evaporator core (about ($900 to repair). The cargo space is small. My honda civic could carry more stuff. Leg room could be better but okay if you are average height. Otherwise powerful engine, excellent in hwy driving and passing, and hilly terrain.Great features for the price and quality interior components.

Good value
By mike on 06/14/07 11:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's a fun little SUV to drive. Great on snow and off road. Not too good from 0 to 60, a bit slow off the start. Gas mileage not the greatest. But has lots of standard features than most SUVs for a great price. Almost all options except sunroof. It's two years later and never had a problem.

One great car!
By Ginny on 03/14/06 10:51 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1991 Suzuki Sidekick for years and loved it. When I went for a new car in 2005, I knew exactly what I would purchase. This car drives like a dream and is extremely comfortable.

Suzuki Grand Vitara
By txk209 on 09/07/05 17:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara EX Rwd 4dr SUV w/ABS (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grand Vitara. As of today, 9/7/05, it has no problems other than a minor one with the CD player. I will go back to dealer and have them to fix the CD changer. This is an excellent little SUV to keep if you tend to keep the car 6 years or longer. Its fuel enconomy is about 19.50 ~ 21.88 mpg in my area. Mine is a great color (I have the blue bi-tone). I suggest using Mobile 1 sythetic oil for motor oil, differential and automatic transmission for long lasting lift of vehicle.

Very bad experience
By chris on 08/02/05 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the vehicle a few months ago and had nothing but problems with it. Engine smoked twice, brought it to the dealership and they supposeably fixed problem..master cylinder. Engine caught on fire a few nights ago and doors automatically locked myself and passenger inside. Horrible experience, we're okay but truck was destroyed by fire. Suspected defective parts in engine. I wouldn't recommend this truck. Also the trim work kept falling off, was replaced twice. Glued on numerous times.

Suzuki stands beind their cars.
By MK on 07/23/05 09:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd Vitara & I think they are great. You get the features you need from an SUV, without having to break your bank. Became a repeat Suzuki customer because of their corporate integrity. Had big problem with 1st Vitara-was out of town & timing chain broke. Had to be towed to nearest Suzuki dealer. Was told by their mechanics that this shouldn't happen. Put in a call to Suzuki & even though it was out of warranty/over mileage - they had it fixed at NO cost to me! The owner of dealership was amazed, he had just started selling Suzukis, but had been owned auto mall for 30 yrs. Told me that he had never seen a manufacturer stand behind their products like this! Value & integrity!

Air Conditioning
By tpend3533 on 07/06/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have not had a successful experience with Suzuki or the dealer concerning the cycling of the air conditioner. It cycles on and off at least 4 or 5 times per minute causing loss of power and erratic performace. I am not happy at all with this vechicle and also with the support from Suzuki. The dealer said it was "normal" and Suzuki said it was all up to the dealer. A catch 22 situation. Suzuki is of very little help when you call about a problem that the dealer will not address. Finally when i got the attention of the Service Manager he saw it was a problem and tried to correct it. As of today it has not been corrected. Suzuki has been of little help as far as I can understand.

Tough vehicle
By Greg on 01/29/05 21:10 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We were involved in a rollover wreck on black-ice. This car held up really well, both my passenger and I walked away with no injuries! There were several other accidents that weekend, and I saw many SUV's on the back of wreckers (large and small). My Suzuki was the only SUV that the roof hadn't completely collapsed or caved in at the front. The front corners of the roof came down about an inch, the windshield and driver-side window broke but stayed intact. The rollover happened on pavement, after hitting the guardrail at about a 45 degree angle. We were traveling at 45-50 mph. I was so impressed by how this vehicle held-up, I bought another too replace it.