Used 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

This Car is the "Bomb"
By Gary Cates

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 1999 Suzuki Grand vitara with 200,000? miles on it. It's never been in the shop for anything mechanical or major. I'm 68 years old and this is one of the best cars I have ever owned. We live on top of a mountain in Colorado and this car has never let us down. We are looking to upgrade to a 2005 model. But, whatever we buy, it's going to be a Suzuki!
Thanks,

Gary Cates

Good car for the money
By Marcia

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the vehicle used with 26K miles. So far the only major problem has been the failure of the A/C evaporator core (about ($900 to repair). The cargo space is small. My honda civic could carry more stuff. Leg room could be better but okay if you are average height. Otherwise powerful engine, excellent in hwy driving and passing, and hilly terrain.Great features for the price and quality interior components.

Power windows, rear windshield wipers, intuitive dashboard control placement, overall reliability, cool A/C when before the core died.

Lack of cargo capacity, A/C problem at 49K miles.

Good value
By mike

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It's a fun little SUV to drive. Great on snow and off road. Not too good from 0 to 60, a bit slow off the start. Gas mileage not the greatest. But has lots of standard features than most SUVs for a great price. Almost all options except sunroof. It's two years later and never had a problem.

All-nice little truck.

Better gas mileage and faster off the start. Nice mags would help.

One great car!
By Ginny

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1991 Suzuki Sidekick for years and loved it. When I went for a new car in 2005, I knew exactly what I would purchase. This car drives like a dream and is extremely comfortable.

Outside temperature reading; wonderful radio, comfortable seats.

Sunroof on all SUVs

Suzuki Grand Vitara
By txk209

2005 Suzuki Grand Vitara EX Rwd 4dr SUV w/ABS (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Grand Vitara. As of today, 9/7/05, it has no problems other than a minor one with the CD player. I will go back to dealer and have them to fix the CD changer. This is an excellent little SUV to keep if you tend to keep the car 6 years or longer. Its fuel enconomy is about 19.50 ~ 21.88 mpg in my area. Mine is a great color (I have the blue bi-tone). I suggest using Mobile 1 sythetic oil for motor oil, differential and automatic transmission for long lasting lift of vehicle.

The color, driver's seat, and V6 power.

Sometimes bumpy ride, Suzuki should add electrical stableabilty control. The driver's side door needs to unlock automatically when you exit the vehicle.