2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Saved My Wife's Life
By MOdriver on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV LX Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

We owned this little car for a year and a half. I took our 2WD through fields, used it to haul hundreds of pounds of landscaping material. Pulled a trailer with it off a tow loop, no trailer hitch. Through all this abuse this car always started up, ran straight, and pushed through everything. Its a tough little truck, tho underpowered for highway speeds. It has strength, but you'll be downshifting up hills and its not too soft about it. 2 weeks ago my wife swerved to miss a raccoon, flew off the road, flipped and rolled 6 times. The air bag deployed and this little car landed upright, my wife is alive along with two dogs. We just bought a new Suzuki to replace this one. Great Car!

Great little vehicle
By F. LaRock on 06/01/10 19:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Grand Vitara LX in Feb 09 and is the first actual 4 wheel drive I've ever owned. I have driven over 15,000 since Feb 09 with absolutely no problems. Car was in excellent condition and I was the 2nd owner and received the remainder of the 7 yr/100K warranty. Vehicle performs excellent here in the winter (U.P.of Michigan) and wouldn't trade it for the world. (Gotta put in a plug for Northway Auto in Rhinelander, WI. Great no-pressure sales and very honest. Had my vehicle in top condition at purchase; even replaced radio with brand new one, replaced all brakes and discs and serpentine belt and produced all docs of proof. Will definitely buy there again and will recommend.

EX 4WD Grand Vitara
By Di-Jo on 03/13/09 06:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Vitara yesterday. I have only driven it home and to work today. So far, I love the way it handles and the convenience of all the controls. I have been looking around a while for a good, clean Grand Vitara and finally found one. It's great and just what I wanted with the 4x4 option.

My car's performance
By Yvette Perez on 07/16/07 03:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

I like to drive my SUV because is light and confortable. But at the same time it is big enough to fit my groceries and mechandise that I purchase.

Got another one
By CJ on 11/02/05 23:18 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1999 Grand Vitara for 3 years and NEVER had a lick of trouble with it (except for the typical air conditioner problem). I then bought a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo LS, which I hated. I had lots of problems with it. I regretted getting rid of my little Suzuki, so I decided on another Grand Vitara. The level of refinement from 1999 to 2004 is amazing, and I'm happy to be back in a vehicle I have a lot of confidence in. I read what owners say about this truck, I know my experiences with the vehicle, then I read the "experts" tests. Well, the "experts" are nuts IMO. They are worried about defrost button illumination, minor engine noise, etc. You think that this truck gets poor gas mileage? Drive a V6 Rodeo around for awhile.

I like it!
By Ron Cole on 05/01/05 21:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Where else could I find a vehicle with automatic temperature control, a great stereo, and a TRUE 4wd for under $19,000? Rebates helped lower the cost a lot. It is fun to drive. I can zip wherever I want to go. It has great all around visibility. I couldn't see out the back of most of the other SUV's I test drove. This is something to think about if you have small children or grandchildren! The "editors" of car review magazines say it's not as good as other vehicles. But they don't tell you it's a heck of a lot cheaper, too! If they didn't get to use free cars and had to make payments, they'd consider this a good, inexpensive SUV that delivers fun to its drivers.

By Dave on 01/05/05 22:17 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara is a very fun to drive vehicle with great visibility on the highway. It is a real 4x4 that works off road. It tows easy behind my motorhome. Only thing I would change is the factory tires which have poor traction and wear fast.

The Grand Vitara is GRAND
By Brian O on 01/05/05 22:01 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

After owning a 1995 Suzuki Sidekick, I was very pleased with the quality and capabilities of the Suzuki SUVs. My Sidekick, which I refuse to sell now serves as my daily driver and offroad trail vehicle (extensively modified). The Grand Vitara took the sidekick platform and made an already great vehicle that much greater. A more plush ride, major interior improvements and amenities, as well as a highly upgraded engine all make the Grand Vitara awesome. There are a plethora of other Mini SUVs out there. What you won't find on about 80% of the others is a true 4x4 (not AWD), a low range transfer case, and a body of frame. If your travel offroad, get the Grand Vitara.

Love My Grand Vitara!!!
By Nina245 on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV EX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is absolutely perferct for me. The ride is nice, Suzuki does a great job of telling you that this vehicle as they put it "Ruggedly Sporty" which is exactly what it is. Love the handle, lots of great features for the price.

My Grand Vitara
By Nike on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Grand Vitara. I had a 2000 that I just traded in for this car. I think this is a nice SUV for a lady.