2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Bad in snow - should be 4 wheel standard
By Tale on 04/02/07 14:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Nice car internally and externally. Bad in snow and rain.

The Best New Vehicle I've Ever Owned!
By Scott Tillson on 07/26/06 18:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my Geand Vitara new with 61 miles on it. I had to order from a place 45 miles away. I have had a great time in it. My 6 and 3 year olds have had lots of fun with us on the long trips from Norfolk, VA to Anniston, AL. We all were very comfortable the whole trip. If bad weather hit and we had to get out in it i just put it in 4x4 and had at it. I will never regret this purchase even if new cars depreciate quickly the moment that they are driven off the lot. I really love this truck. My family does too!

love My Uki
By Renetta on 08/15/05 23:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Ok, I went out on bought this on my own and I could not be prouder... I love it... It is roomy and comfortable... with all rows of seats up there is not much cargo room, but then who travels with 6 pasengers.... The only fault I have found is that is eats gas like I do MacDonalds french fries... and on the highway it is somewhat noisy, however for the past 7 years I have driven a Honda Acord EX...so the comparisson is probably not fair... It makes me feel young and sporty...didn't really need the 4 wheel drive...but now I have no excuse not to visit the kids in Utah and Idaho in the winter.... I love the 6 CD changer...and the interior is great... Ilove the fact that the rear door swings out.

Fun to Drive!!!
By Amy on 07/08/05 11:36 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have only had my Grand Vitara for about 2 months. This is the 1st SUV for me to drive, and I love it, Its roomy and I just enought space for my son, but not to much like it would have been if I had gotten something bigger. The only thing I really do not like about it is the gas milage I have to get gas like 2 to 3 times a week and I do not go out of town.

Value and then some
By Mark on 05/05/05 22:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my Grand Vit since Aug.2003. Bought it new w/only 60 (demo) miles on it. I don't drive much ( that's why the LOW mileage after over 18 months. I live in Syracuse, NY. We get lots of crappy weather including SNOW (measured in feet) during the winter months. One of the 'standard' features for this model is elect/defrost for the power mirrors. It also has electronic climate control for heat/AC and a Clarion sound system w/ subwoofer right under the driver's seat. I think those clipboard toting snobs at JD Power are being way too techy/harsh. This is an EXCELLENT VALUE for anyone wanting an SUV (4WD capable) with quite a few creature comforts- not a LEXUS but u can buy 2 Suzukis

Suzuki Grand Vitara
By Alan on 01/29/05 10:05 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I looked at the Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4, but I felt that the design and build quality of the Suzuki Grand Vitara were far superior. This vehicle is driven mainly on interstates across the Northeast and it has never let me down. With the V6 engine and a 5-speed transmission, it's a blast to drive. Its fuel economy has been approximately 24 mpg highway, which is outstanding for a V6.

Good bang for the buck
By Ted1161 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara Rwd 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall I am happy with the Suzuki. Ride is on the hard side even for a SUV. MPG average is 20... acceptable but could use more power... good for around town but NOT good on the highway as it needs constant steering input. Make sure you get the front end alignment checked mine was out over 20 degrees...

Grand Vitara
By t2trider on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an excellent car for in most categories. The major problem is interior room. Children even have a hard time sitting in the back seat. However, the car is great for around town and has plenty of power to play with. Solid construction.

Don't Buy it
By GV Owner on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has had electronic problems since day one. Most recently, the air conditioner went out. After only a year and a half, they said the hoses leading to and from the condensor have coroded. In addition, the lights, speakers, and remote unlock features have been problems.

Best Value
By paul H on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

If you are going off road or on the beach, this is truly best bang for the buck.