Used 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

Fun car to drive for light offroading!
By Jeff

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 3 years and so far it's been very reliable. The only problem I've had is brakes that shimmy. This car is a bit bumpy but the stiff suspension helps out when offroading.(needs more clearance though) My biggest complaint is the cheap plastic side panels. I've made several repairs on them already and the Nevada sun is causing the paint to peel. If your thinking of buying one go for it as long as you don't mind the side panels falling off ocasionally.

My Suzuki is fun to drive off road. It is very manuverable, fits into tiny spaces, with a great turning radius. It's also easy to see where I'm going. It's one of only a few mini SUV's with 4 wheel low.

Loose the plastic paneling. Leave room to install larger tires.

Enjoy it
By ajo1975

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, affordable, though not very economical as far as gas goes. 4x4 is fun to use, and helpful in certain weather. Sturdy and enjoyable little ride.

Nice standard stereo system, comfy seats. Love the side mirror defrost ability.

A little tougher engine with more "umph." A little time-consuming to lay back seats down for more room.

Great buy for the money
By 491965

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. Bought new, had for over a year. Comfortable, fun to drive, fun to off-road with. Taken many out-of- state road trips and it has always been reliable and ready to go. Great car for the affordable price. Wouldn't hesitate to but again.

Defrosting mirrors, cruise, plug-in in the rear of the car, roof rack, tinted windows, daytime lights.

Rear wiper blade should offer slow mode, I think that's about my only complaint.

its like driving a bob sled...
By ricco

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

since new it has been wandering all over the road, has had 9 front end alignments will not hold them for more than a week.needed struts,front brakes,fuel tank,computor went bad,four wheel drive stopped working,tires need replaced at 9000 miles.other than that no other problems to speak of...

I love the small front seats, when you close the door it holds you in nice and snug.

ride is very rough needs softer tires it is not a sports car why does it come with H rated tires? they are to stiff.also dealer told me i would get 30 mpg, I get 14 to 18 mpg...this suv needs alot of improvments,I would not suggest it to any one...

Great SUV, great looks , good power!
By vago621

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this SUV for a month now and I absolutely love it. I like the way it looks and how people stare at it when im driving by! i owned a 4 cylinder car before, but when I drove the Grand Vitara What a difference! I look forward to driving it everyday. i do highway 5 days a week and it has nice passing power.I would recomend it to everybody.

needs better speakers and radio.