2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

JLS 4dr SUV (2.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
BEST COMPACT SUV
By RIVERAS on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I PURCHASE IT NEW ON 8/2002 AND NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM EXCEPT FOR A RECALL THAT SUZUKI STATED ABOUT THE ACCELERATOR CABLE.ME AND THE FAMILY ALWAYS USE IT ON TRIPS.FOR A SMALL SUV ITS GOOD ON GAS,GOOD POWER,AMPLE ROOM AND VERY ATTRACTIVE.I INSTALLED A TV FOR MY SON AT THE SUZUKI DEALER WHICH THEY DID A PROFESSIONAL JOB.

Great Vehicle for the Family!
By Eric82 on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased this vehicle and am very satisfied with it's performance. It is fairly spacious and provides easy access to spare tire, vehicle jack, and also has an electrical outlet in the inside rear of the cabin. Good purchase decision on my part!

This car is really great
By Humberto on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Hey guys. I don't really know whether I am just feeling too much enthusiastic or not with this car. (It's the first new car I just bought here in America new from the dealer, with zero miles). The really thing, is that I just love to drive it everyday even to do simple things like going to work. Its v6 engine is strong, with a good pickup, brakes and comfort. What else can I say about this car? It is a beautiful car. I just feel that I made a great business and saved a lot of money buying it.

Best Small SUV for the Money
By Jeff Mertz on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'd buy another one in a heart beat. I get 24mpg city and 28mpg highway

Great car for the price
By Vitara Pimp on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Lots of pick-up tons of fun to drive only real complaint is crammed back seat and trunk space. There is plenty of trunk space but only if you put the back seats down. Also the chrome hub caps that they used to come with should be put back on I had go to an after market dealer to get them. Also living in Florida the windows are just too clear and the air conditioner cannot keep up with the heat that comes in through the standard windows so window tinting is a must down here. Other than that a great car for the price there is no better made SUV on the market. To get something better you have to be willing to spend more money.

not too good, Even at that price.
By medin on 03/11/02 19:31 PM (PST)

2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 2WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Overall the car is not horrible, but I keep having problems with the aligment and the dealer has done it 5 times with no success. I have had problems with the door locks, body molding, radio and tires. The dealer has not been the most attentive one. I would not buy another and would not recommend it. I would also not recommend the dealer, Bill Seidel, for anything. The only positive thing that I can really say is that the car has a good pick-up and is a sturdy SUV.