2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Review: Multiple problems down the lin

2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Review

JLX 4dr SUV (2.5L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Multiple problems down the line
By waguy2012 on

2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4WD 4dr SUV (2.5L 6cyl 4A)

The one thing that i have a problem with this car is that it leaks a ton in the front. I had it checked and multiple mechanics cant figure out where the leak is coming from. My dad and i replace some seals in the front and the leak stopped for a bit but then it comes back with a vengeance. When we go one drives just 10-15 miles down the road there will be small puddle of oil on the ground. Just a little annoying and i hope it doesnt lead to bigger problems. We are at 175,000 miles on it so i guess thats what we get for having it so long! :) Also, be caeful w/ the air conditioning. Ours went out and now to replace it will cost $$$$$$. Rather wait to get a new car than pay for repairs.

Improve the seals on the car. All seals seem to break even after replacing them.
By butter10
on 10/11/12 21:10 PM (PDT)

I REPLACED P.V.C. AND MY OIL LEAKS STOPPED. my 2001 suzuki grand vitara has 185000 miles on it

By butter10
on 10/09/12 22:49 PM (PDT)

I have a 2001 suzuki grand vitara,185000 miles with a v6 engine. It started leaking oil, lots of it. I went to 3 garages and they all wanted to put new seals and gaskets, lots of money.I put in a new p.v.c. valve $3.50 and the oil leaking stoped in a couple of weeks.