Solid, reliable, high performing vehicle
By Mike on
2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD
I'm the type of person that looks for high quality at a good price and I keep my "things" as long as they work and take care of them.I've driven this car for almost 200,000 miles and am the second owner since 7,000 miles in 2002. It has been the most reliable vehicle that I've ever known. As my friends go through car #2 and car #3, I'm still driving this sweet SUV around since 2nd year of college and it rides as though it has 50-70k. Engine starting to make a little noise, AC doesn't work anymore but hey, it has 200k miles. I can definitely see it lasting at least another 60k before any major issues so long as I continue to change the oil every 3k and stay on top of it. Very good investment.
Favorite Features
Easy shifting 4WD. The engine is strong for a vehicle its size. Timing chain instead of timing belt making it as maintenance free as possible. Easy to maintain for persons moderately skilled with mechanics. Very versatile vehicle. Made tough with high quality parts and frame and extremely reliable.
Suggested Improvements
Very small inside especially for rear seating, i would suggest finding a way to decrease the trunk capacity and move the seats back just 4-6 inches and it would be a perfect passenger car. Maybe a little better gas mileage? The trunk space would end up tiny but passengers would be more comfortable.