Corporation Lemon
By paragon on
2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD
I love my vehicle NOW! (after a new motor and many other trips to the dealership.) Dealership couldn't find the problem when the CHECK ENGINE light began coming on at 20K miles. In a year's time, I had possession of the SUV only about 3 months. The rest of the time was spent in the shop. NO KIDDING! District and regional even was sent to work on it. To no avail. Corporation then decided to replace vehicle as a lemon; didn't happen. Then buy back vehicle, didn't happen. Then give me money for trade, didn't happen. Then finally told me "tough luck."
Favorite Features
Turns around on a dime, cute body style, cargo space, smooth tranny, GREAT IN SNOW AND MUD! Now has over 150K on body and 90K on motor, and is doing as well as when it was new. Paint and trim holding up very well. Great SUV if you don't get a lemon!
Suggested Improvements
Watch out for the SuzukiCorp. They declared the vehicle to be a factory lemon(I have the papers to prove it!) yet did nothing about it, especially frustrating when motor played out after numerous (fixes?) Needs better warranty, more customer support. Radio is pitiful. Interior made for