Used 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Suzuki Grand-vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:

The Best Car I Have Ever Owned!
By shannon

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I live in the mountains with snow and fog during winter. I drive 65 miles a day to work in the flat lands. This has been the most dependable car that I've ever owned. When I totaled it six months later, it had 134,500 miles on it. I cried. I'm definately buying another Suzuki Grand Vitara!

Favorite Features

It's a perfect size vehicle to get in and out of spaces, but don't let the size fool you, the exterior body is solid as a rock!

Suggested Improvements

The 2006 model was designed a little bigger, which was the only improvement I would have suggested for the 2000 version.

Disappointed
By LEMON

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had this vehicle for two years. I have experienced numerous and costly repairs for leaking seals, transmission oil leaks and A/C problems. This truck has been a Lemon with a capital "L". I would NEVER buy one of these again. My extended warranty has not covered any of the repairs and service has been SLLLLOOOWW getting vehicle back to us.

Favorite Features

Two-tone paint, fold down seats, and back door opening to side.

Suggested Improvements

Better seals and an armrest console.

2000 SUZUKI-Grand Vitara,4WD
By D.M. LITTLE

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Very well built SUV.The electronic 4WD operates great. The vehicle is very easy to handle, because of its size, but very comfortable inside.Interior is really nice, and all controls are conveniently located.Lots of room, especially when the rear seats are folded down.Rear door/tailgate, opens very easy, and wide,making loading items extremely easy.Had a Suzuki Sidekick prior to this.300,000 miles, and still running.

Favorite Features

Electronic 4WD Rear/tailgate door W/wiper & washer Body style Interior room Performance Price Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Louder Horn Built-in arm rest on console Cup holders located more convenient

Big Disappointment
By Notreallybeth

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this car new following extensive research. Thrilled initially: great performance, adequate gas mileage, able to be loaded up with STUFF and then coverts easily for passengers. And, FUN TO DRIVE. I began having mechanical problems around 40,000 mi. Front axle seal came out of position causing leakage--3X! (Very costly repair)Finally, root cause is determined to be ring and pinion. Dealer and Suzuki picks up cost. 3 months later, another costly repair involving the air conditioner. Love this car, but I will never buy another one. Too many problems. Dealer service was EXCELLENT. I guess I was lucky there.

Favorite Features

Folded back seats leave flat space for cargo. It's got power for a vehicle its size. Great body design.

Suggested Improvements

Need more leg room in the back seat.

Great car for the price
By RCLyons

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 4dr SUV

For the price this is a great little SUV. Just don't expect a volvo ride and solidness. I've had it four years. Had 2 recalls done - no problems except occasionally the air bag light comes on dimly during drives. Dealer couldn't find problem. Overall you get a lot more car for your money.

Favorite Features

Standard equipment - more than most mini SUV's priced much more. Depreciation - for used car buyers. Very fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Body molding seals - get dirty & hard to clean. Gas milage. Service - local dealers tend to drop Suzuki name after a short time. Depreciation for new car owners