2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Good little SUV Bad Company relations
By Leo Cumi on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Rear main seal went out at 36856 mls but I drive it hard.(Took on the alpine loop in Colo.) as for squeaks and rattle its the hood hinge that rattles and the front fascia, made of plastic, is connected with plastic rivets: thatÂ’s where the squeak is. Mine vibrated every so often and I had the tires balanced and I brought it to the dealer who said its the tires the tire store said its the rims Suzuki would not replace the rims nor admit that they where out of round until my warranty ran out .

ITS GREAT!
By NICOLE on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

THIS VEHICLE HANDLES GREAT! ITS COMPACT SIZE MAKES IT EASY TO CONTROL, AND ITS A GREAT CAR FOR TEENS TO LEARN TO DRIVE IN! IT HAS GREAT TURNING ABILITY AND ALL AROUND THIS IS A GREAT VEHICLE.

POOR FACTORY SERVICE
By Mr, Not/Happy on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 4dr SUV

a/c broke ,Took about 2 weeks to get the part.Gas mi. only 17 mpg. Car has a very annoying vibration. I have been trying for about 2 months calling sukuki 800# to get factery rep ,twice he told me he will be out in about 3 weeks .I thought of tradeing the car in but these cars deprecate very much and the car is worth thousands of $ less then the loan. payoff.

Lemon
By cherylkf on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Has 40K miles...Has gone through 2 sets of tires, leaks transmission fluid, burns oil, gets far worse gas mileage than manufacture indicates. Very disppointing overall.

Good SUV for the money
By BEK on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

We have had our Gran Vitari JLX+ for almost 2 years now. Its been a very good mini suv. Have not had it in for any repairs. I change the oil and filter every 3000 miles and wash it once a week and were good to go. If you are in the market for a mini suv I would pick this one over the Kia, Crv, Rav4 or Tracker any day of the week.

Perfect little SUV for me!
By Fajardo on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 4dr SUV

I bought my Grand Vitara new in 2000 and haven't had one complaint yet. It is a little on the small side for myself and friends (all of us are 6ft+ tall), but I new that when I made the purchase. I test drove the CR-V and RAV4 and even was considering a Sportage, but the Suzuki offered more power and standard options for my constant highway driving. I've had several cars including and BMW and a Mercedes, but this one is my favorite. All in all I'm very pleased and hope to have this truck for a long time to come.

Great SUV
By Willy on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I had this car for a year and I never had a problem. It accelerate quickly. The Grand Vitara will outspeed the Honda CRV, KIA Sportage, Toyota Rav4, and the Geo Tracker. This car is a great deal for the low price. It also a smooth ride. The engine is not loud when driving at high speed.