2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
The Best Car I Have Ever Owned!
By shannon on 10/03/06 16:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I live in the mountains with snow and fog during winter. I drive 65 miles a day to work in the flat lands. This has been the most dependable car that I've ever owned. When I totaled it six months later, it had 134,500 miles on it. I cried. I'm definately buying another Suzuki Grand Vitara!

Disappointed
By LEMON on 04/18/06 06:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had this vehicle for two years. I have experienced numerous and costly repairs for leaking seals, transmission oil leaks and A/C problems. This truck has been a Lemon with a capital "L". I would NEVER buy one of these again. My extended warranty has not covered any of the repairs and service has been SLLLLOOOWW getting vehicle back to us.

2000 SUZUKI-Grand Vitara,4WD
By D.M. LITTLE on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Very well built SUV.The electronic 4WD operates great. The vehicle is very easy to handle, because of its size, but very comfortable inside.Interior is really nice, and all controls are conveniently located.Lots of room, especially when the rear seats are folded down.Rear door/tailgate, opens very easy, and wide,making loading items extremely easy.Had a Suzuki Sidekick prior to this.300,000 miles, and still running.

Big Disappointment
By Notreallybeth on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this car new following extensive research. Thrilled initially: great performance, adequate gas mileage, able to be loaded up with STUFF and then coverts easily for passengers. And, FUN TO DRIVE. I began having mechanical problems around 40,000 mi. Front axle seal came out of position causing leakage--3X! (Very costly repair)Finally, root cause is determined to be ring and pinion. Dealer and Suzuki picks up cost. 3 months later, another costly repair involving the air conditioner. Love this car, but I will never buy another one. Too many problems. Dealer service was EXCELLENT. I guess I was lucky there.

Great car for the price
By RCLyons on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 4dr SUV

For the price this is a great little SUV. Just don't expect a volvo ride and solidness. I've had it four years. Had 2 recalls done - no problems except occasionally the air bag light comes on dimly during drives. Dealer couldn't find problem. Overall you get a lot more car for your money.

Fun, Sporty Reliable V6 5-spd=grt value!
By jazzbabe2 on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

26000K down the road, and I would highly recommend this SUV. Before buying, I compared it to Mazda, Honda, & Toyota - offered in 4 Cyc SUVs built on car frames, at a higher price + w/o power incl. The GV is built on a truck frame w/shift on the fly 4-wheel drive, + power options incl! I added after market extras and the car looks sporty. Fun to drive, it has exc interior passenger space + headroom, quality comfortable seats, good cargo space, + handles well in snow. No problems in 26,000+ miles + don't anticipate any problems ahead. I live in Boston yet drive to the Fitchburg dealer because their cust. serv. is unsurpassed!

nice suv
By russm3 on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car used and did not no if we would like it we love it its been great and no problems

Decent Transportation
By Jim in KC on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased JLX+ new in February 2000. This vehicle has served its purpose well- fairly inexpensive, reliable transportation. It has been mechanically sound. It has pretty good acceleration when merging into highway traffic or passing. It's easy to handle in traffic. The 4wd has been great in snow, except the vehicle is light and can seem a little "floaty". Surprisingly, this vehicle has more headroom than most SUV's. I'm 6'5". The legroom is okay for around town, but for long hauls it gets a little cramped. And forget about anyone riding behind me in the back seat. There is quite a bit of wind noise and rattling.

Its hot in here
By BadSuzuki on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been a good little vehicle for the most part. A couple of on-going problems problems have caused a lot of frustration and prevented it from being a great vehicle. The air conditioning never worked right from the day it was new. It has been to 2 different dealers a total of 11 times and still is not working. The body cladding kept coming loose until I finally glued it back on with industrial epoxy. Dealer service is pathetic. Both dealers in my area have dropped their Suzuki fanchise. I would never by another one.

Good truck
By nic0814 on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara JLS 4dr SUV

I bought this vehicle before I had a child, it was good until he moved to the "big kid" car seat. No one has leg room on that side of the truck. The truck is very reliable abd fun though. Only complaint is the room with a carseat.