2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Vitara model:
Great I still have it Works good
By Jose Robleto on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Reliable, fun to drive Drove from Texas to Nicaragua in 2006 with 110,000 miles no problem Drove from El Paso TX to Mazatlan Sinaloa in 2009 cero problems with 149,000 miles

Good Little Truck
By ed on 04/08/10 08:49 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I brought this little suv brand new 10 yrs ago. Its been really good for the most part. Only problems are a/c condenser and the steering rack needed replaced (after driving on nyc roads for 10 yrs, I don't blame the car). Also, the body panels had to be glued back on twice (Suzuki covered). I still own it but due to my kids getting bigger and needing a pick-up for yard work, its getting traded in soon (I'll miss it).

Solid, reliable, high performing vehicle
By Mike on 06/03/09 09:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm the type of person that looks for high quality at a good price and I keep my "things" as long as they work and take care of them.I've driven this car for almost 200,000 miles and am the second owner since 7,000 miles in 2002. It has been the most reliable vehicle that I've ever known. As my friends go through car #2 and car #3, I'm still driving this sweet SUV around since 2nd year of college and it rides as though it has 50-70k. Engine starting to make a little noise, AC doesn't work anymore but hey, it has 200k miles. I can definitely see it lasting at least another 60k before any major issues so long as I continue to change the oil every 3k and stay on top of it. Very good investment.

Amazed
By Wow on 05/03/09 02:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

We use these cars at work to truck around parts into NYC and im amazed, i never thought we would be seeing 200k plus miles without an issue, especially when we beat the crud out of them. Some go as much as 10k before an oil change. we had 4 of them, one died at 225k miles the others are at 183k and 205k mpg at best is 18mpg-hwy and 14mpg combined. the one that died was due to being run without oil... which was jiffy lubes fault. (estimated 9k miles before its death without oil) The other two don't burn, leak, or make any odd noises. I wouldn't be shocked at seeing 300k miles...

Nice Car
By NaderTader on 04/13/09 14:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Very reliable, i tow my boat with it and no problems, good gas mileage on the highway, easy to park. The only problem is that it doesn't have much trunk space or leg room in the back. It runs good

Corporation Lemon
By paragon on 05/15/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my vehicle NOW! (after a new motor and many other trips to the dealership.) Dealership couldn't find the problem when the CHECK ENGINE light began coming on at 20K miles. In a year's time, I had possession of the SUV only about 3 months. The rest of the time was spent in the shop. NO KIDDING! District and regional even was sent to work on it. To no avail. Corporation then decided to replace vehicle as a lemon; didn't happen. Then buy back vehicle, didn't happen. Then give me money for trade, didn't happen. Then finally told me "tough luck."

Budget SUV with Decent Quality
By Zukilver on 03/19/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Limited 4dr SUV

Owned this car since 36k miles, now 65k. Not so bad. Hard to find parts and accessories. Overall, very reliable, like a mini 4Runner. Limited edition is very rare, I only saw 3 in my whole life, but comes with very useful package. Never went to the shop, never. I only do regular oil change. Resale price is unbelievably higher knowing that this is a budget SUV.

Very good until
By Lizzie on 05/19/07 10:48 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV JLX 4dr SUV 4WD

Love this little SUV that we bought used. Do not have to climb up and in, nor have to lower oneself in - a boost for those of us w/ creaky knees. Zippy, 4WD when it suited us (birding) quick and easy. But the AC has died and the estimate is just under $1000.00! In So AZ can't live w/out AC so we will have to trade it in on... what?

Great little SUV
By Hostman on 03/28/07 22:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV JLS 4dr SUV

I have been fortunate enough to drive several different SUVs, including highline makes like Lexus, Infiniti and BMW. I can honestly say I've enjoyed driving the GV more than any of them. It has been incredibly reliable to this point, everything still works. By far the best value for the buck. It's been a blast to drive, just the right size, decent fuel economy at 22 MPG and with the 6 cyl. engine there is plenty of power. I would recommend this SUV to anyone and would not hesitate to buy another one.

Outstanding Vehicle
By hendricks on 03/13/07 10:13 AM (PDT)

2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

We owned two of them, but traded one in on a 2005. These SUV's are great. They glide right through the snow in 4WD. They perform great in local traffic and on the highway. If you are having doubts about this vehicle, don't. Just buy it and enjoy.