Used 2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

You'll regret getting this one
By jmm16

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this back in March with 51,000 miles. The speakers are blown out, windows off track, airbag and check engine light are always on when car is on, the transmission slips. It wont go into reverse half the time, the air/heat wont completely turn off, it makes a bad noise when turning sharp to the right. Does anyone know what to do to get the engine light to go off and stay and the transmission to stop whacking out? I've been told it could be the transmission fluid but no local shop can do it cause it's a foreign car. I've been told transmission sensors or a new trans as well and even a catalytic converter problem.

Favorite Features

Compact car

Suggested Improvements

Everything

Never buy, can't drive my family safely around!!
By maloney1124

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Suzuki two years ago this month... Bought it wil 18,000 miles on it. To start, they replaced the transmission a day before I got it. Dealer never said anything and said nothing was wrong with it, that it belonged to an elderly woman who only used it to run errands... I get the car n 6 months later (4,000 miles if that!) they had to replace the transmission again! 35,000 miles currently n on its 3rd transmission and current will need replaced yet again cause its slipping. It randomly shuts off, speakers blown out, outside door handle paint is all off n dealer repainted them, check engine light goes on n off, gas light doesn't come on until your out of gas, Nd much more! Don't buy!!!

Favorite Features

Steering wheel has station buttons and volume control, which as a kid who needed a car ASAP was pretty cool.

Suggested Improvements

Improving the whole car is my suggestion.

It gets me where I need to go (:
By mwaskey

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my little baby car she gets me where I need to go. I live in Alaska so that is kind of saying something haven't gotten stuck or had problems with the car starting up in the freezing cold.

Suggested Improvements

I suggest the airbag light be addressed I want my air bags to be deployed if I were in a vehicle accident I mean that's what they are there for.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WHATEVER YOU DO!
By mckinnley

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a little less than 2 years now, bought it in 2010 with about 35k on the engine. I have gotten regular oil changes by a friend at his home of mine who used to own a shop for years. I have taken good care of the motor just blew out of nowhere. I got to school one morning and it just started knocking and now I have to spend 4k on a new engine! It is still under warranty but they want reciepts for oil changes when I got mine done for free. So basically im screwed even though the car was taken care of. Many other problems. headlights burned out, transmission slipping, windows not powering right, AC this summer(I fixed), bateries run out quick..... Just dont buy it!!!!!!!!!

I like mine.
By brian171

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 Suzuki Forenza last October with 30,400 miles on the odometer. My car has the 2.0 liter 4cyl and 5 speed manual transmission. I use the car daily for a 33 mile commute. I am pleased with the gas mileage I get. I am averaging 29-30 mpg and my commute is includes mixed city/country driving. The car now has about 36,800 miles. A few things have required repair - two new rear struts, new drive belt on the engine and new valve gasket on the engine. All of these items were repaired at no cost to me under the warranty.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature about this car is the warranty and dealer service. The car does not have the reliability of a Toyota or a Honda, but the excellent warranty makes up for that. I added a set of factory alloy wheels to my car and I think it looks pretty sharp. I enjoy the 5speed manual and I think it provides better performance and reliability than the automatic based on other reviews I've read. The interior and trunk are roomy.

Suggested Improvements

This car is out of production so I don't think I'll offer any improvements.