Used 2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Great car if you know how to take care of one!
By Danny

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Always great! Bought in 08, 130,000 miles. Great on gas. Regular maintnence. Cheap parts!!

Great for a Student/ or someone on a budget even
By Cherron White

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used at 90k miles, the only problems I had the first year was one of the headlights (easily fixed not a big issue), year two the car is now at 137k miles, I have only had to do the regular with this car occasional oil changes, one alignment (due to me), new tires ( because as I said I bought it used and the tires were pretty through). The most expensive issue I've had with this car was the alternator, which is not really expensive compared to other issues that could have arisen. As far as comfort this car is extremely roomy for someone who not too tall or too overweight, it's not made to be a family car in my opinion( for a big family at least...get an SUV or mini van if that's what you're looking for) However, I can comfortably fit five people in my car with enough space for everyone. The trunk space is perfect, and the interior space is as well granted I don't have a back seat full of car seats. When it comes to the sound system, I have the original still in mine because it sounds just fine.

You'll regret getting this one
By jmm16

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this back in March with 51,000 miles. The speakers are blown out, windows off track, airbag and check engine light are always on when car is on, the transmission slips. It wont go into reverse half the time, the air/heat wont completely turn off, it makes a bad noise when turning sharp to the right. Does anyone know what to do to get the engine light to go off and stay and the transmission to stop whacking out? I've been told it could be the transmission fluid but no local shop can do it cause it's a foreign car. I've been told transmission sensors or a new trans as well and even a catalytic converter problem.

Compact car

Everything

Never buy, can't drive my family safely around!!
By maloney1124

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Suzuki two years ago this month... Bought it wil 18,000 miles on it. To start, they replaced the transmission a day before I got it. Dealer never said anything and said nothing was wrong with it, that it belonged to an elderly woman who only used it to run errands... I get the car n 6 months later (4,000 miles if that!) they had to replace the transmission again! 35,000 miles currently n on its 3rd transmission and current will need replaced yet again cause its slipping. It randomly shuts off, speakers blown out, outside door handle paint is all off n dealer repainted them, check engine light goes on n off, gas light doesn't come on until your out of gas, Nd much more! Don't buy!!!

Steering wheel has station buttons and volume control, which as a kid who needed a car ASAP was pretty cool.

Improving the whole car is my suggestion.

It gets me where I need to go (:
By mwaskey

2008 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my little baby car she gets me where I need to go. I live in Alaska so that is kind of saying something haven't gotten stuck or had problems with the car starting up in the freezing cold.

I suggest the airbag light be addressed I want my air bags to be deployed if I were in a vehicle accident I mean that's what they are there for.

• SUV