2008 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
You'll regret getting this one
By jmm16 on 05/20/14 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got this back in March with 51,000 miles. The speakers are blown out, windows off track, airbag and check engine light are always on when car is on, the transmission slips. It wont go into reverse half the time, the air/heat wont completely turn off, it makes a bad noise when turning sharp to the right. Does anyone know what to do to get the engine light to go off and stay and the transmission to stop whacking out? I've been told it could be the transmission fluid but no local shop can do it cause it's a foreign car. I've been told transmission sensors or a new trans as well and even a catalytic converter problem.

Never buy, can't drive my family safely around!!
By maloney1124 on 04/24/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Suzuki two years ago this month... Bought it wil 18,000 miles on it. To start, they replaced the transmission a day before I got it. Dealer never said anything and said nothing was wrong with it, that it belonged to an elderly woman who only used it to run errands... I get the car n 6 months later (4,000 miles if that!) they had to replace the transmission again! 35,000 miles currently n on its 3rd transmission and current will need replaced yet again cause its slipping. It randomly shuts off, speakers blown out, outside door handle paint is all off n dealer repainted them, check engine light goes on n off, gas light doesn't come on until your out of gas, Nd much more! Don't buy!!!

It gets me where I need to go (:
By mwaskey on 04/11/13 20:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love my little baby car she gets me where I need to go. I live in Alaska so that is kind of saying something haven't gotten stuck or had problems with the car starting up in the freezing cold.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR WHATEVER YOU DO!
By mckinnley on 01/24/12 20:50 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a little less than 2 years now, bought it in 2010 with about 35k on the engine. I have gotten regular oil changes by a friend at his home of mine who used to own a shop for years. I have taken good care of the motor just blew out of nowhere. I got to school one morning and it just started knocking and now I have to spend 4k on a new engine! It is still under warranty but they want reciepts for oil changes when I got mine done for free. So basically im screwed even though the car was taken care of. Many other problems. headlights burned out, transmission slipping, windows not powering right, AC this summer(I fixed), bateries run out quick..... Just dont buy it!!!!!!!!!

I like mine.
By brian171 on 03/05/11 08:27 AM (PST)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2008 Suzuki Forenza last October with 30,400 miles on the odometer. My car has the 2.0 liter 4cyl and 5 speed manual transmission. I use the car daily for a 33 mile commute. I am pleased with the gas mileage I get. I am averaging 29-30 mpg and my commute is includes mixed city/country driving. The car now has about 36,800 miles. A few things have required repair - two new rear struts, new drive belt on the engine and new valve gasket on the engine. All of these items were repaired at no cost to me under the warranty.

Please don't buy a suzuki
By need new car on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i bought my car about 2 years ago. it seemed ok at first until it started turning off out of nowhere. That is when all my problems began. i took it back over and over again only for them to look at me like I'm stupid tell me they couldn't find anything and sent me home. now my check engine light stays on all the time, my air bags won't turn on and quite frankly this car is worse than the 92 buick lesabre that i got rid of to get this. my sister has an 07 forenza and we seem to have the same problems within months of each other. coincidence i think NOT!

Yyou have got to be kidding me!
By SERIOUSLY? on 10/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

After the first week of having this car it completely died on me with no explanation. The air smells like mold whenever I turn the a/c or the heat on, me being pregnant doesn't help my tolerance level at all. The transmission is going out, shifts horribly, the driver side airbags do not work (the light is on 24/7) and the passenger side sensor doesn't work when it should. The cars only 2 years old has 40k miles, I cannot believe that there are this many problems with it so soon. Blown speakers, windows are off the tracks.

Can I Give It Back??
By Can I Give It Back?? on 04/05/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have been less than impressed with this vehicle. I feel like I am driving a manual transmission because it jerks pretty severely when you step on the gas. I had to have my speakers replaced because they blew out - I don't blast my radio! My fuses blew out on my cigarette lighters and turn signals within a year. My engine light is on again, this time due to a bad transmission sensor! The gas mileage is horrible! I was in a pinch and needed a new car, but at this point, I would have been better off keeping my old one!

Happy Anniversary, Suzi
By RAYT721 on 02/21/10 00:44 AM (PST)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Popular Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Our first year anniversary with the car just passed on Feb 5th. I'm upset that we missed the tax credit by 12 days or so but got a great price on the car ... around $12,000 new with only 8 miles on it. I can't say about the airbag issue that others mentioned but would be a concern. The gas mileage is fine for my family ... 10K average yearly miles, around 20 mpg. I mostly drive city. I would recommend the car to others. The car came loaded with air, CD, defroster, cruise, etc. We got a 6% interest rate through credit union because the purchase price had built in equity. Former car was a Hyundai Accent. I liked that one too. For me a car is transportation, not for status.

I hate this car
By LW on 02/15/10 21:31 PM (PST)

2008 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this 2008 Suzuki Forenza new. We took it back to the dealer three times within the first 3 months for them to check the transmission. It was shifting from one gear to the next unpredictably. When driven down hill it jumps into gears. When driven up hill it drags then jumps into gears and will excelarate unpredictably. The mechanics in the Suzuki dealership told us the car will stop doing this after 6K miles that because it was new this was expected and normal. It is past the 6k mile point, we have about 12k miles on the car and we still have the same unpredictable shifting and excelaration I am not comfortable driving this car any more and am wondering why there hasnít been a reca

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.