2007 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Review: I've had no problems...

2007 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

I've had no problems...
By liljohn32 on

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm sorry to the people that have had bad luck with this car, but I can't say the same thing. My wife and I bought our car in 2007 and it has about 95000 miles on it now. We have had to replace the tires twice and two of the indoor door handles broke off, but that wasn't the cars fault, that was stupid peoples faults. We just had to put it in the shop and have to have a sensor replaced on the transmission, but besides that, it hasn't given us any problems.

The indoor door handles should be made of metal, not plastic. They break way too easy.
By 1suzuki
on 10/17/11 13:12 PM (PDT)

HAD THE SENSOR GO OUT TOO, NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY, HOW MANY OF THESE GO OUT, AND IS IT A MANUFACTURE FAULT AND BE RECALLED?? THANKS,

By rie_2011
on 10/26/11 10:06 AM (PDT)

I bought my 07 Forenza from Carmax this Sept 3. (First the alternator had to be replaced 2 weeks later. thank goodness it fell under Carmax's warranty). I just had this same sensor replaced yesterday. I was so livid and worried they sold me a "lemon" that they (Carmax) covered what the dealer's extended warranty didn't. I'm hoping that'll be the end of my issues with this car. Luckily the transmission warranty is transferable thru owners; I fear that's next. Outside of that, its still a fun little car; I just moved to Houston and needed something to get around while I get back on my feet (financially). I was bored tired to get another Toyota... so this is the headache I have to pay.

By 1suzuki
on 10/17/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

I ALSO HAVE HAD THE FRONT PASSENGER DOOR BREAK TWICE IN ONE YEAR. WHAT HAPPENED, I KNOW IT IS PLASTIC,

By jwilki
on 08/13/11 01:50 AM (PDT)

@liljohn32 What sensor did you have to have replaced on the transmission? And was it covered by the manufacturer? The reason I'm asking is because I'm needing to get mine looked at (which I will do eventually) and a few dealers I've spoken to have said that the transmission is covered by warranty up to 100,000 miles so anything mechanical should be covered, but they weren't exactly sure if sensors were covered. Coincidentally, I was quoted between $500-$1500 just to replace a sensor (type pending, since I haven't had it looked at yet). That's quite a price range! Point is, I'm just curious as to the details of your sensor replacement. Thanks!