2007 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
Regularly Check for a Recall
By jackie_o on 08/30/13 16:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In one sense, I love my car. Because it is my car, and it looks okay. But that's where my affection for the Suzuki ends. I bought this in 2008 from Carmax with 10,000 miles on it. Within one week the transmission slipped and I learned about the faulty sensor. It was replaced. Resurfaced 2 mos. later, so it was reset. And again, and again. Have dealt w/ the "check engine" light and transmission slip for 5 years. No one has the answer nor can they fix it except temporarily. It's ridiculous. I keep expecting to see a recall to no avail. Also: Shoddy paint / flaking wheel cover. Cracked pillar trim (I often see this on passing Forenzas). Awful. Be not tempted by the price.

Good Start Bad Finish
By hawtsauc3 on 05/31/13 18:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The negative reviews on this are pretty accurate. I bought mine in 2008 (it's a 2007) with 17500 miles on and it was great up until i paid it off. Over this last year it's slowly deteriorated along with a massively depreciated value. The negative reviews say between 60k and 100k miles problems start and lo-and behold on my day off yesterday the check engine came on the the transmission started acting up. Got the system re-set and was told it will probably break again. Traded it in today. It's a decent care for the price but once problems start its all downhill.

Edmunds, get your facts straight
By kingston4 on 05/14/13 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in APR' 2012 with 61K miles. I've now got 81K miles on it and I'm lucky enough to have 2 relatively close Suzuki dealerships that still honor the original warranty on it. Edmunds says this car has 127HP, no, it has 137hp. Edmunds says this vehicle has a loose handling system, NO, it has a McPhereson (one of the best) strut system up front, and multi-link in the rear with SSPS, being a test/pro driver for 2 years I find this suits the FF layout of this vehicle perfectly. Edmunds states all these strange 'facts' yet they have no road test review, nor do they have any proof that anyone even drove the thing!

CLASS ACTION PLEASE
By npowers on 03/18/13 07:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Popular Package (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bot my 2007 Suzuki Forenza in 2009 it had 30,000 miles. I have had constant and continual problems, paint chipping, transmission, oxygen sensor, computer, oil gasket, oil leaking all fluids, mostly continual check engine light for various reasons one after another not even dealership can fix. I have pretty much each and every problem mentioned on other reviews. I have spend numberous amounts of money, time, missed work and tears... Why has there been no recalls or class actions suits. car in shop now after $1,700 in the last 3 months. Wont pass inspection and noone can fix. I am still paying of my loan.. so sad.

poor gas mileage
By brodie3 on 09/26/12 04:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2007 forenza in Dec.11th 2011,it had 49,515 miles on it then and now on Sept. 25th I have 60,371 miles on it. How is that possible when I don't go anywhere. The furthest I have been in this car is 25 miles one way. Never been out of the state of ohio, gas burns really fast, took it to dealer spent 1400 in repairs the biggest was trans range sensor,timing belt, serpentine belt 2 tires,tune up, oil change,etc, not satisfied , after repairs cold start has car knocking was not doing that before service work. Dealer wants to keep it to check it out, used mile markers on highway for every 1 mile I got 2.3 miles how can this be. I need help.

decent car for the money
By csk17061 on 08/18/12 14:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Popular Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i bought this car new in 2007 to use as a work car. it currently has 128,000 miles on it. the car is made a bit cheap but you get what you pay for. for under 10 grand new it was a great buy. the only problems i had aside from basic maintenance is the interior door handles break easily but they are only 4 bucks to buy from a dealer and it takes 15 minutes to put it on. it does seep oil out of the valve cover but again very easy and cheap to fix. this is a picky car, but just like any car if you don't do the routine maintenance things will go wrong. in short, the car is now 5 years old, still runs great and gets the same 32 MPG it did when i bought it.

poor value
By chatpaltam on 04/05/12 05:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

bought brand new 2007 in march of 2008. the air condition sucks. the dealer even recharged it Its garage kept. I dont drive in snow and ice Ive yet to pay this car off , and there is surface rust on the roof and door. the paint job is very poor. the very first time i took it to a auto car wash, swirl marks got all over it. now I always hand wash . the gate is heavy hard to open and close. this car has no cruise control. i assumed was on all cars now. that would have been a deal breaker. its tiring to drive when on trips longer than 45 min. stiff petal. road noise is loud, the radio has to be turned up the tailgate latch twice screwed up. uncomfortable seats

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR!!!!
By angrysuzuki on 03/26/12 07:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Popular Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 07 Suzuki Forenza in June of 2010. At first it ran great, but once it started hitting the 60k mark, I have had problem after problem. First it was the door handles breaking, then the tire pressure light, then the passenger air bag light went off, then i got my gear shift fixed, then my timing belt broke off, then a new engine, then i needed new shocks and new struts, then something with my tires wearing down , and now my transmission is having trouble. I wish i would have known about this car before i bought it.

Clarity from Reading Customer Reviews
By rie_2011 on 10/26/11 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Convenience Package (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I'm trying to recover from being layed off for almost 3yrs. The last car I had was dying. Finally just got a new job. I bought my 07 Forenza Sept 2011 from Carmax. reading all the above comments help me accept that I financed a POS. not even 60days yet and already the alternator and transmission sensor has been replaced. Carmax is refusing to let me add the warranty on now; saying I passed up my chance at signing. so I'm going to continue being screwed over royally with this POS until I can get something better.

Paint or clear coat peeling off
By hjb6 on 08/27/11 18:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has suddenly had a problem with the clear coat on the hood peeling off. There is an area about 18 inches wide and just keeps growing bigger. Looks horrible. The tire pressure light stays on now all the time. We've checked and adjusted the pressure over and over and can't get the light to go off. The check engine light came on today and Auto Zone said it's coming up with something about the cooling system, most likely the thermostat. I'm calling tomorrow to have it all checked out. It's been ok otherwise, but we'll see.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.