Used 2007 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Hunk of Junk (but I've been lucky)
By julie

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my 2007 Suzuki Forenza at Carmax in the summer of 2008. It had 5,000 miles on it. At first, it was a reliable car. When I hit 40,000 miles that's when the trouble started. The transmission started slipping. The transmission sensor went out and I had it worked on. They didn't fix the problem. There's no Suzuki dealership nearby me so Ford took over their issues. They have attempted to fix the transmission censor twice. It still slips. There's a useless "hold" button that I think may be part of the cause of this. The paint peeled off the door handles. (I've been lucky enough to not have a door handle break). The paint peeled off the bumper so badly that I took it to the car wash and blasted the paint completely off the entire bumper. It looks better black than peeling paint. Wheels warped. Windshield wipers decide when they want to work now and when they don't. At 72,000 miles I had to have the motor replaced. The head was cracked. I'm convinced that the dealership did NOT replace the motor (as they claimed). The head is cracked again and now they say the car is "too old" to replace the motor they said they just put in the car 2 years ago. If this were a "new" motor, then why won't they stand behind it? I have to drive this car like I am driving a stick shift, even though it's an automatic transmission. It acts like its in neutral when I put it in drive. I have to start out in 2nd gear. Always. This car did not get that hot for the head to crack. The only way I even knew that it was overheating was when my boyfriend noticed that the temperature needle was on H. It only steamed. Did not boil. The seat belt latch on the driver side is broken. The passenger side is getting difficult to snap shut now. This car chews up tires. It has no takeoff power now. Lately, I've just been pouring antifreeze in it every other day. The replacement parts are outrageously expensive for this cheap car. I refuse to take it very far, and when I do drive it, I worry and pray. This car has 95,4000 miles on it now. (That's why I consider myself llucky). It sounds like a John Deere tractor. Thank the good Lord above I'm going to get another car next week! Since this car has no resale value, and isn't worth anything anyway, I will have to sell it to some poor Suzuki owner that needs it for replacement parts. I bought this car for the "wonderful gas mileage". HA! Not so great on gas after all. The best thing about this car is the seats are comfortable and it has a lot of room to be a small car.

NEVER PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE
By Mariah Driggers

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is by far the worst car ever. The transmission sensor doesn't work, it may at first but goes out in every single suzuki vehicle (check all reviews). The car locks go on and off while I am driving and makes a really loud noise and when I lock my doors it does it again and ends up leaving it un-locked I'm guessing thats another sensor out? The check engine light is always on. Not much of a gas saver to be honest. When you press on the gas it takes so long to kick off and makes a loud noise, when you shift gears it literally pops and the car shakes. The radio is not loud. Once I was on the interstate and my car just went into neutral, if a car was behind me it would have rammed into me. I have also been at stop lights and my car won't move because the sensor will think its in neutral. Never let a young adult drive this car they will not be safe!!!!!!! I fear of getting into an accident everyday.

good lil car
By Tena Moore Holbrooks

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

my 2007 forenza has been very dependable. i passed a few higher priced, newer cars on the side of the road during our snow storm last week. but, me and my forenza got to our location just fine. alot of it has to do with how well you maintain your auto. i have a 2007 with 130k miles with regular oil changes and a recent tune up i look to get many more. and the gas mileage - great!!!!!

FUN TO DRIVE, GAS MILEAGE

MAYBE A LITTLE MORE COMFORT ESPECIALLY ON LONG DRIVES. BUT ALL IN ALL IT'S WORTH THE MONEY. GOOD CAR - GOOD PRICE

Regularly Check for a Recall
By jackie_o

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In one sense, I love my car. Because it is my car, and it looks okay. But that's where my affection for the Suzuki ends. I bought this in 2008 from Carmax with 10,000 miles on it. Within one week the transmission slipped and I learned about the faulty sensor. It was replaced. Resurfaced 2 mos. later, so it was reset. And again, and again. Have dealt w/ the "check engine" light and transmission slip for 5 years. No one has the answer nor can they fix it except temporarily. It's ridiculous. I keep expecting to see a recall to no avail. Also: Shoddy paint / flaking wheel cover. Cracked pillar trim (I often see this on passing Forenzas). Awful. Be not tempted by the price.

Generally a good looking car for the price.

Recall the vehicle in lieu of the transmission issues and ever present check engine light. This is really bad news.

Good Start Bad Finish
By hawtsauc3

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The negative reviews on this are pretty accurate. I bought mine in 2008 (it's a 2007) with 17500 miles on and it was great up until i paid it off. Over this last year it's slowly deteriorated along with a massively depreciated value. The negative reviews say between 60k and 100k miles problems start and lo-and behold on my day off yesterday the check engine came on the the transmission started acting up. Got the system re-set and was told it will probably break again. Traded it in today. It's a decent care for the price but once problems start its all downhill.

The price was cheap. Decent cabin size compared to competition. Overall value is pretty good.

Built like a typical GM car (which it technically is). Runs until it's broken and then its a pile of junk after that.

• SUV