Used 2007 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

2007 Suzuki Forenza

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

good lil car
By Tena Moore Holbrooks

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

my 2007 forenza has been very dependable. i passed a few higher priced, newer cars on the side of the road during our snow storm last week. but, me and my forenza got to our location just fine. alot of it has to do with how well you maintain your auto. i have a 2007 with 130k miles with regular oil changes and a recent tune up i look to get many more. and the gas mileage - great!!!!!

Favorite Features

FUN TO DRIVE, GAS MILEAGE

Suggested Improvements

MAYBE A LITTLE MORE COMFORT ESPECIALLY ON LONG DRIVES. BUT ALL IN ALL IT'S WORTH THE MONEY. GOOD CAR - GOOD PRICE

Regularly Check for a Recall
By jackie_o

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In one sense, I love my car. Because it is my car, and it looks okay. But that's where my affection for the Suzuki ends. I bought this in 2008 from Carmax with 10,000 miles on it. Within one week the transmission slipped and I learned about the faulty sensor. It was replaced. Resurfaced 2 mos. later, so it was reset. And again, and again. Have dealt w/ the "check engine" light and transmission slip for 5 years. No one has the answer nor can they fix it except temporarily. It's ridiculous. I keep expecting to see a recall to no avail. Also: Shoddy paint / flaking wheel cover. Cracked pillar trim (I often see this on passing Forenzas). Awful. Be not tempted by the price.

Favorite Features

Generally a good looking car for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Recall the vehicle in lieu of the transmission issues and ever present check engine light. This is really bad news.

Good Start Bad Finish
By hawtsauc3

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The negative reviews on this are pretty accurate. I bought mine in 2008 (it's a 2007) with 17500 miles on and it was great up until i paid it off. Over this last year it's slowly deteriorated along with a massively depreciated value. The negative reviews say between 60k and 100k miles problems start and lo-and behold on my day off yesterday the check engine came on the the transmission started acting up. Got the system re-set and was told it will probably break again. Traded it in today. It's a decent care for the price but once problems start its all downhill.

Favorite Features

The price was cheap. Decent cabin size compared to competition. Overall value is pretty good.

Suggested Improvements

Built like a typical GM car (which it technically is). Runs until it's broken and then its a pile of junk after that.

Edmunds, get your facts straight
By kingston4

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in APR' 2012 with 61K miles. I've now got 81K miles on it and I'm lucky enough to have 2 relatively close Suzuki dealerships that still honor the original warranty on it. Edmunds says this car has 127HP, no, it has 137hp. Edmunds says this vehicle has a loose handling system, NO, it has a McPhereson (one of the best) strut system up front, and multi-link in the rear with SSPS, being a test/pro driver for 2 years I find this suits the FF layout of this vehicle perfectly. Edmunds states all these strange 'facts' yet they have no road test review, nor do they have any proof that anyone even drove the thing!

Favorite Features

Styling, handling for a FF is superb given the limitations GM placed on the manu. process. Enough torque to get to speed when necessary, roomy interior, quality transmission. Outstanding warranty.

Suggested Improvements

If they (Suzuki) had used a greater build quality, which is impossible for ANY Korean car manufacturer (*cough* kia, Hyundai), this would have been a great vehicle.

CLASS ACTION PLEASE
By npowers

2007 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan w/Popular Package (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bot my 2007 Suzuki Forenza in 2009 it had 30,000 miles. I have had constant and continual problems, paint chipping, transmission, oxygen sensor, computer, oil gasket, oil leaking all fluids, mostly continual check engine light for various reasons one after another not even dealership can fix. I have pretty much each and every problem mentioned on other reviews. I have spend numberous amounts of money, time, missed work and tears... Why has there been no recalls or class actions suits. car in shop now after $1,700 in the last 3 months. Wont pass inspection and noone can fix. I am still paying of my loan.. so sad.

Favorite Features

The color blue which sadly is chipping and a known issue

Suggested Improvements

warnings for all possible consumers that the car will only last to 50,000 miles and unless you are paying less than $5,000 to own from zero to 50,000 - you will be sorry.