2006 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Review: more problems than its worth.

2006 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

more problems than its worth.
By rgunn1 on

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

While i do like the looks and comfort of this car, and initially thought it was an excellent car, my opinion rapidly changed. The throttle sensors have gone out twice (at my expensive of course), the check engine light comes on & stays on ''its nothing'' says suzuki who then reset it, only for it to come on a day later. and now, i have a rattle that they cant give me a straight answer on. one mechanic says wheel bearings, another said its the transfer case (its front drive and doesnt have a transfer case!!! good job suzuki training your mechanics), another says its the exhaust shielding. but no one will put it in writing what the problem is. the car is junk, better off with a bicycle.

Favorite Features

i do think the car is attractive from an exterior standpoint.

Suggested Improvements

everything. low quality sheetmetal dings way too easily. engine and transmission are total junk. squeaks and rattles after a few thousand miles are put on the car. suggestion: stop selling the car, recall the ones that are already sold, OR get competant dealer mechanics who can actually diagnose then fix a problem.
By jerushah
on 07/12/11 20:34 PM (PDT)

I agree totally. I have had the same problems with mine and then some. The car is total junk. They should definitely recall the thing.