Used 2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Very Dependable
By firebirdz

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years and I couldn't be happier. I have never had a car work so great for me. It has never broken down. I have had to take it in for a couple of repairs/recalls but all in all spent maybe $600 in the three years for maintain (Well that isn't counting registering the auto which is expensive). You would think a car that looks so small would be small on the inside but it is so roomy!! I do have an issue with the paint on the plastic door jams it chips very easily. So I had so sand them and re paint them myself which is okay. The biggest thing for everyone to remember, take your auto in or perform 10,000 mile check ups and it will take care of you regardless.

Interior, interior, interior. That is very important when you have children. I love the exterior design, its pretty modern for its time. And that little car has some pick up!

Paint, when you paint metal and plastic they do require different primers. The drive belts (serpentine/timing) wear a little quickly, 40,000 miles, that needs to be improved since most people don't even consider replacing until 60,000 and a lot of mechanics will overlook that.

My Forenza rocks!
By SurlyMae

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love love love this car. It was obviously well taken care of by the previous owner, had 41k miles on it when purchased. Zero problems so far. I am 5'10" & it is roomy enough for me. Averages 27 mph, city driving. So fun to drive that I honestly drive more than I should.

Cup holders -1st car in a while where cup holders weren't constantly in the way (or didn't fit the cups). Interior well-designed. Car is gorgeous from the outside as well...makes me grin every time I walk up to it (I've upgraded the wheels & tinted the windows). Roomy trunk-fits my bike w/ seats down.

I don't like the built-in sunglass holder, because I still hit my head on it getting in & out of the car. The fact that you can't lock the driver door without using your key DRIVES ME CRAZY. Will be getting keyless to fix that. The rear's a little shaky on fast curves, but hey it isn't a sports car.

This car has been great!
By Emily

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own the base model manual 5 speed when I bought it I compared most cars in its class. I found the brakes and airbags seemed to be extra on all the other cars. I needed a good reliable car to take me around the Western US. I am not technical or know much about cars but I think I did great for the cost, quality and warranty.

I love the fast pick up and great handling with the manual transmission.

Better tires!

forenza rocks =)
By forenzalovr

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car for 2 weeks and it has 30,000 miles on it. It has no problems, no not starting issues, or any other issues. It rides and drives great, it is very comfortable, you do not feel like you are squished in a compact car. Looks great, i have the summit white paint color. Love the interior design and feel, looks above and beyond what you would expect. Everyone throws down on this car, I don't know why, its a great car, if you treat your car the way it should be treated, it will work just fine! With 30,000 miles on it, i am pretty sure i would have experienced a problem if there is any by now.

4 wheel disc brakes, great look inside and out, manual 5 speed transmission, comfortable ride, roomy roomy roomy, oh yeah did i mention roomy?? =) FUN TO DRIVE for a little car, good acceleration for a 4cyl engine !! =) Manual transmission rocks, don't buy auto, me and my friend have manual and no problems! =)

better paint job, seems to scratch somewhat easily on the plastic bumpers. but just take care and it should be fine. Just a warning, don't buy the auto transmission, i have heard nothing but problems about those, GET THE MANUAL

This car is a lemon
By THEDORK

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 forenza with 60,000 miles. I have had the timing belt go out at 36,000 mile which caused the engine to be replaced. It was replaced with a daewoo engine, they don't even make these cars anymore. My check engine routinely comes on and the dealer tells me its nothing. Now the transmission range sensor is needing to be fixed but it is not covered under the extended warranty. This car should never had been sold after the first model. Do some research, and don't me one of the numerous disappointed Suzuki forenza owners. This car should be taken off the market and destroyed

I have no favorite features.

Junk the entire car and issue refunds. This car is worthless.