2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
Suzuki Costumer
By proud costumer on 02/12/09 18:26 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a lot of complaints and I don't think that they are necessary. It's a $13000 car, what do you expect, a tuned engine from BMW and Mercedes and Audi? This car is not built well but should last you a good 3 years. I don't like the gas mileage but it is a great upgrade from a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee. 14mpg city 17mpg highway so I think it is a good car, even though it won't last you 10 years like a Camry. I would consider it if you are looking for a good used car.

Overall Disappointment
By RCassell on 01/19/09 19:41 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When I first got my Forenza I absolutely loved it, the styling and ride were seemingly above class. I purchased it used with 6,000 miles on it. Then, when it hit 20k miles, there was a problem with the brakes and it wouldn't go into gear. Needless to say, the brakes are only covered to 12k miles. Now, the door handle fell off, my speedometer is off by 5+ mph depending on your intended speed, a valve gasket is blown, and the power steering pump needs to be replaced. It only has 33k miles on it! This shouldn't happen, and while the warranty covers it, I'm still disappointed that I spent 10k on this when I could have bought a different make and had less problems.

Buyer beware
By heather_2011 on 01/18/09 07:02 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my beloved Oldsmobile that has 175,000 miles on it for our current Suzuki Forenza that had 30,000. It seemed like a smart idea since we drive between states quite a bit. Were we ever wrong! From the get go this car has been nothing but trouble. I had it into the dealership 5 times for the same problem, corporate offices had to step in and fix it finally. Now it is parked because it won't start and with paying a car payment I just don't have the money to have it into the shop every other week. This was the first car that I have owned that is considered foreign. I'll never do it again.

Love...no...Like It
By Bored Honda Honey on 01/11/09 14:34 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car a few days ago and I read the reviews that were writen here before I purchased. (Thank you all). My 2002 Civic was totaled and the best part is it was paid for. This car is cheap but some of the features make it not as boring as the Civic. They are both noisy but this car is more fun to drive. I have not had the starting problem reported in other reviews. It may have been worked out by the previous owner. I am not in love with it, but I like it. I drove to an event and when my friend go in she immediately commented on the increase in comfort/space over the Civic. Great choice for a first car for your teen.

Will not buy another one
By R.Johnson on 11/07/08 13:53 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter's car and my niece's car and one other lady I work with they all have had electrical problems. If you want a cheap car, great on gas this is it. But it does not ride very well and the size tires that it takes do not last, everyone said that the P195/55R15 are a low rated tire that will only last 20k miles max and they weren't kidding!

Completely Dissatisfied
By HORRIBLE CAR! on 09/30/08 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My Forenza has been nothing short of a nightmare. I have had to take it into the dealership 4 different times for the same transmission problem not to mention a brake light switch burning out. My computer panel falling out of its brackets leaving it dangling by my feet, my rear view mirror coming out of its mount, and having both the passenger and driver side door handles complete snap off. I only have approximately 45,500 miles on my car, and I have had to put up with all of these problems. The warranty is great, but when you have to take the car into the dealership at least once every four months, it's not worth it. I am definitely trading it in for something that is not a piece of crap.

I like it.
By crisp on 06/04/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The dealer told me to buy this car new over a used Honda Civic. I'm actually quite impressed. It did have the not-starting problem for a week, thats gone. 2 recalls. 1 for the seatbelt latch and another for the headlight wiring harness. I put 87 octane in it and get around 30 mpg combined. Stellar if you ask me. Very quiet car at rest. The a/c freezes. Perfect. Spins the tires when I want. Brakes could go for 100k miles. I paid 11k for this car new and other than bad resale it's an awesome commuter for sure/

Smile 'cause it's cheap!
By scott777 on 06/02/08 06:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

People that complain about this car need to either remember they got a great deal on it, or they need to negotiate better next time they purchase. I believe that Suzukis in general are "decent" cars, not at the same level of say Toyota or Honda, but same or perhaps better than American "small" cars. I was in the market for a Corola, but found the price too high. I paid at least 20% less, so I can live with the compromises. I purchased a fully loaded 5-speed and enjoy the performance once I get out of 2nd gear. The "get up an go" from a dead stop is too slow and so is the 1st to 2nd gear shift, once you're shifting out of 2nd it's a rocket! Gas mileage is unacceptably low (22-26mpg).

Hunk of Junk
By Pat Hillyer on 04/27/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It has ten thousand miles. It started not starting correctly at 4 thousand. At ten thousand just quit entirely. They put in nes software. That lasted one day. Then it would not start again.It has been the shop a week and while I am paying $300 a month---I can ride the bus. Would I buy another? No. Would I take another as a gift--doubt it. The only good thing is the guarantee Te rest is a hunk of junk

Takes a beating
By Takes a beating on 04/25/08 16:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am in sales so I am always on the road. I drive a lot of miles. This car us great! Always dependable. Has trouble starting from time to time but I just give it a minute after a couple of tries and she starts right up.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.