Used 2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

I like !!
By roy71

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, we got the Forenza 6 months ago with 29,000 miles. It now has 36,400 miles and only "problem" was one bent rim, which was no cost to us, the dealer even put a new tire on it for us =) I think its fun to drive, we have the 5speed manual. The design is really awesome, it beats the boring civic or corolla hands down. It has proven reliable so far. It seems like you get a really bad Forenza or a really good one. Ive read the reviews, after we bought it, if i would had read them before we bought it, honestly i probably would not have purchased it, but i dont regret purchasing it =)

Looks very stylish and stands out in the parking lot. The materials quality is great in the interior. My personal opinion is you get more than what you pay for!! the brakes are great (4 wheel disc). The acceleration is good for a car of this size(with the manual tranny) i like the speed sensitive power steering, it makes the steering kind of sporty if you ask me.

The paint on the plastic rim covers comes off in the car wash over time, but those can be replaced for a decent price. The paint on the door handles comes off easy. The suspension is a bit mushy and squeaks some, but i must say it does have a nice ride =) Overall i think you get more than what you pay for. But save yourself the headache and buy a Forenza with the manual transmission, the automatic is slow and breaks down alot (read the reviews) A lot of the reviews of this car really stink, but people do seem to dwell on the bad points and forget to write about all the good things. Hope this review helps =)

By hortega

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Suzuki w/19,000 miles/Jan of 2007,I have about 95,700 miles now with same transmission problem at this minute.I have driven this car with no problems to Texas twice.I got good gas mileage and smooth comfort I did change to better tires,I also did a lot of LA street driving with no problems up until last Oct when I first felt the jerk of the car when I put the gear in reverse.I have been driving it on and off.If it jerks I turn it off and wait a few minutes and start it up again listening for the idle to come down thats when I put in D. Looking for the part so I can get someone reliable to install in the Los Angeles area any hints. I love it except for transmission problem.

Smooth handling with new tires, very good gas mileage in the streets and hwy. Good speed on takeoffs. Drives like a 6 cyl. Good truck space

Better quality paint (handles are peeling off)

Door Handles
By KarmicX

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just called Suzuki because I heard of the recall on certain Suzuki models. The door handles have all broken. They want to do nothing but charge me a phenomenal rate to fix them. It's a flaw they had when using cheap door handles. I love that Suzuki is standing behind their product. I drive with my kids all the time and this is a safety issue. If you can't exit the vehicle without unrolling the automatic windows and the back passengers can't even reach their exterior door handles to exit doesn't this constitute a severe safety issue.

Do a recall and FIX the problems with this car.

$4500 in repair bills in three years
By Bill D.

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just put on the fourth set of tires in three and a half years. Just spent $1400 on struts and alignment. Door handles broke off at 50K miles. Power steering pump went out at 70k miles. I have spent enough on repairs to buy a new car, and I am still paying on this one. This $11,000 car is now a $16,000 car. I will never buy another Suzuki product of any type.

It has not exploded yet!

This is a lemon for sure.

Not the car i thought it would be
By Pablo

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new.. thought it was a great buy. I guess you cant ask for much for 11,000. Everything was good until 45,000 miles. Head gasket blew.. a couple of oil hoses had to be changed. The 5,000 repair cost was covered by the warranty so that wasn't that bad. Then at 49,000 my clutch and all the components broke. That was 850 out of my pocket not including towing... Now at 51,000 the cam shaft sensor broke along with the steering belt. 600 dollars to replace... I don't know whats next... I'm still paying for my car and i already have an extensive list of repairs.. My only question is, whats going to break next? Oh and the paint on all my door handles chipped off after 3 years.

has some power, relatively fun to drive. Light car. Speakers arent so bad.

They need to use better quality parts to improve this car. Plastic doesnt work for me, specially for engine parts. Bump the price a little but provide the quality.. thats my suggestion.