2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
Things that go wrong
By Forezna on 03/04/10 05:41 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have my Forenza for 3 years with no problems. Until now in the last 6 weeks I have replaced my battery ($100.00), emc chip ($1200.00). A transmission chip ($1200.00) brakes router redone ($277.00) all 4 struts ($1154.00). And transmission assembly ($280.00)-- I have never had a car with so much problems in such a short time Spam -- I am getting rid of the car and never going back to it. I thought it was a nice car -- I have 50,128 miles on it -- its only 4 years old! I can understand the brakes and maybe the battery but not the others this early in the life of the car. Most people don't have this kind of money to spend on their car. It took all my savings I am getting a new car asap!

Buyer Beware!!!!! Cheap paid, cheap made
By Alisha on 01/25/10 15:47 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Suzuki in 2007. I have enjoyed the vehicle until just recently. I have started to have transmission problems and I have not even hit 50,000 miles yet!!! The only place that will touch it because of the "great" warrenty is 60 miles away. The Suzuki dealership told me to just drive it in and if it breaks down then I will have to pay for the cost of towing as the warrenty does not cover towing costs that far away. The dealership that sold it to me flat out lied to my face and said they work on Suzuki, but when asked today they said they meant giving oil changes and such. This will be my last Suzuki, next time I'm going American and will save myself the stress and headache!

buyer beware!!!
By marco on 12/16/09 15:15 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

When we got our first Suzuki we just loved, not long after that we noticed that the driving was getting really nasty and noisy, the door handles started to brake and fall off, and then the front suspension started to give us problems, all this is aggravated by the fact that we have to deal with such uncaring team on the service department. If you must deal with them please tell them in writing what the problem is otherwise they won't know what to do.

Reliable!!!
By I Like It! on 11/07/09 14:34 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I went from owning a Grand Prix to purchasing this vehicle. The gas mileage is good but could be better! Compared to a honda civic, This vehicle is more comfortable and roomy. I have not had any starting problems with the vehicle other than the time that it didn't have gas. its starts every time in the -30 degree weather we get in chicago! Up til now I'm recently having an issue with the transmission, hope its nothing serious!

Battery Problems & Transmission Censor
By D.Jones on 10/21/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car since 2006 and it has been problem after problem. First my Transmission censor went out which cost me roughly $200.00 dollars. The transmission is still skipping sometimes when I drive. Now the batter will not keep a charge. I have had everything check thoroughly and the watts on my alternator, starter are good. Replaced the batter and the card still have problems. I have checked and there is no recalls on this car for major things such as this.

Lousy
By A chump on 08/01/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Fuel economy turned out to be lousy. Companies say 21 MPG in the city. That might be the one they tested. But the one I had only 17 MPG in the city. Going city to city was 19 MPG. Facts are facts. That's why I got rid of it.

Will buy another
By nw on 06/23/09 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new- after I "got to know" the vehicle I really like it-- its made several long trips-- I've only changed the oil and replaced tires and a couple of headlights-approching 100,000 miles in a week or so-- when its time to replace I will buy another- it looks ok too-- Wish it were rated as a safe vehicle- Thats somewhat of a concern- but all in all very well pleased.

Great Car
By MissPinUp on 05/10/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Suzuki for 3 years so far. I haven't had one problem with it. I get it serviced when it needs to, no problems. I get 34-37 mpg

Drive for a living
By Stacey on 05/10/09 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive for a living 300 miles a day in my forenza. Yes I had to change the selt belt but that was free. Other then normal required maintance; my car has been perfect. Gas mileage is great for the size of the car since I fill up the tank everyday. Although the tires come in one size; you can actually have one size bigger put on and its been cheaper and has gotten better gas mileage. For someone who drives for a living; it has been a great vechile.

WARNING: WORST CAR EVER OWNED!
By chelbel4 on 03/09/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car less the three years and have had over 8 major problems! Everything brakes all the time and not the regular ware and tare. The gas tank had problems, the windshield montior already went, door handle broke, the rims crack if you hit a pothole and the check engine light is always on due to default censors. Plus the dealers, service dept. and customer serivce are uncaring and unhelpful.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.