2006 Suzuki Forenza Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Forenza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Sort Reviews by

My Forenza rocks!
By SurlyMae

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love love love this car. It was obviously well taken care of by the previous owner, had 41k miles on it when purchased. Zero problems so far. I am 5'10" & it is roomy enough for me. Averages 27 mph, city driving. So fun to drive that I honestly drive more than I should.

Favorite Features

Cup holders -1st car in a while where cup holders weren't constantly in the way (or didn't fit the cups). Interior well-designed. Car is gorgeous from the outside as well...makes me grin every time I walk up to it (I've upgraded the wheels & tinted the windows). Roomy trunk-fits my bike w/ seats down.

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the built-in sunglass holder, because I still hit my head on it getting in & out of the car. The fact that you can't lock the driver door without using your key DRIVES ME CRAZY. Will be getting keyless to fix that. The rear's a little shaky on fast curves, but hey it isn't a sports car.

This car has been great!
By Emily

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own the base model manual 5 speed when I bought it I compared most cars in its class. I found the brakes and airbags seemed to be extra on all the other cars. I needed a good reliable car to take me around the Western US. I am not technical or know much about cars but I think I did great for the cost, quality and warranty.

Favorite Features

I love the fast pick up and great handling with the manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Better tires!

forenza rocks =)
By forenzalovr

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car for 2 weeks and it has 30,000 miles on it. It has no problems, no not starting issues, or any other issues. It rides and drives great, it is very comfortable, you do not feel like you are squished in a compact car. Looks great, i have the summit white paint color. Love the interior design and feel, looks above and beyond what you would expect. Everyone throws down on this car, I don't know why, its a great car, if you treat your car the way it should be treated, it will work just fine! With 30,000 miles on it, i am pretty sure i would have experienced a problem if there is any by now.

Favorite Features

4 wheel disc brakes, great look inside and out, manual 5 speed transmission, comfortable ride, roomy roomy roomy, oh yeah did i mention roomy?? =) FUN TO DRIVE for a little car, good acceleration for a 4cyl engine !! =) Manual transmission rocks, don't buy auto, me and my friend have manual and no problems! =)

Suggested Improvements

better paint job, seems to scratch somewhat easily on the plastic bumpers. but just take care and it should be fine. Just a warning, don't buy the auto transmission, i have heard nothing but problems about those, GET THE MANUAL

This car is a lemon
By THEDORK

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 forenza with 60,000 miles. I have had the timing belt go out at 36,000 mile which caused the engine to be replaced. It was replaced with a daewoo engine, they don't even make these cars anymore. My check engine routinely comes on and the dealer tells me its nothing. Now the transmission range sensor is needing to be fixed but it is not covered under the extended warranty. This car should never had been sold after the first model. Do some research, and don't me one of the numerous disappointed Suzuki forenza owners. This car should be taken off the market and destroyed

Favorite Features

I have no favorite features.

Suggested Improvements

Junk the entire car and issue refunds. This car is worthless.

good car
By carreview

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have had our forenza for a week now and love it. We have the manual transmission which i recommend(better gas mileage). We have the base model but you don't feel like you have a base car. The materials feel very nice, they don't feel cheap, the styling looks great inside and out. Very comfortable to ride and drive in. It does have a surprisingly roomy interior. The trunk space is also large and legroom in the back seat is roomy. I would recommend this car to anybody.

Favorite Features

nice looking, comfortable ride, good gas mileage (i get 30 mixed city and highway)

Suggested Improvements

none as of yet

Please Read before buying!
By ccmarie88

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

If I can help anyone about making a decision on buying this car I will feel at least a little bit better about owning it. I have had so many problems with this car in the last year. In the last 4 months I have replaced the serpentine belt, the ENTIRE throttle body ($600), and now the head gasket which thank god is covered by warranty! I took it back for two recalls (the headlights went out and the seat belts were replaced). It's sad how much time I spend in the Suzuki dealership with this car! Now I am stuck with this car and I don't know what to do because I am completely upside down! Do NOT buy!

Piece of crap
By lynn28

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Omg, I have had nothing but problems with my car ever since I have owned it. Had the problem of it not starting then the passenger seat belt light coming on and I have gone threw tires with it left and right. I just found out my car needs front struts with only 60,000 miles on it what the heck?

Hate this car!
By tamip8400

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is junk! I haven't had the car a yr and the door handles broke off, the key is constantly stuck in the ignition which runs the battery down, the gears wont shift at all, wont start in cold weather, terrible on tires! There are hundreds of people online with the exact problems and no recalls for any of it! BEWARE!

I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By i hate it!!!!!!!

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is a piece of junk after 5 attempts to fix a problem i had to put a new transmission in @ 18000 miles and it still doesn't work the staff @ my local dealership is a joke this car is a waste of money i hate this car the metal is so flimsy and rusted and has pot marks all over the car drive thru car washes will bend the hood dont ever buy this car

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

discontinue this entire line and treat the people who keep you in business with respect

Don't do It, Don't Do It
By Nikki

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I originally wanted to see if the problems I am having was just my car or a dud from the dealer. But seems everyone has the same problems. This car has the worst electrical system. It has been in 3 times for electrical problems. And now the interior lights and trunk lights no longer work. So here is time #4. The door handles are weak. All have broken off except the driver door. In the winter is the worse. The engine light stays on and after 4 mechanics and ranger switches and what not. Turns out condensation builds up on motor and that is way it is build or something. It has trouble accelerating. So don't pull out in front of someone may not be pretty cause it may stall. anyway don't buy it

Favorite Features

seats comfortable

Suggested Improvements

totally redesign it. even the newer models have that problem