Used 2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

I got duped!!
By nafeeshap

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the WORST car I have EVER owned. I drive a 2006 Suzuki Forenza. My car does NOT start like it is supposed to. I have spent so much money trying to determine what the problem is. I have to unplug the battery in order for the car to start when i'm ready to drive it & that does not always work. The car is in the shop right now. I took the car in Saturday 4/21/2012. I got a complete tune-up. I picked the car up Saturday 4/28/2012. I drove home. I parked the car. I went to move the car on Monday 4/30/2012. The car would not start. I took it back to the mechanic. I brought the car with 4 miles on it. It was brand new. I now have 21,000+ mi on it. It makes no sense. I HATE this car!

Favorite Features

The car is good on gas but i'd rather pay more money for gas on a car that actually works!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the paint! The electricity sucks! Lift the body of the car so big trucks can't sit on it! Make it less easy to dent!

Wow, lots of bad reviews here
By bb4t

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving it for a week, the clutch plate was slipping according to them so they fix it for free of course. Since then, the car has been great. I now have 95,000 miles and I literally have done nothing to it expect oil changes! My battery lasted until 94,000 miles! Sure I have issues...need rear shocks replaced, leaking a little antifreeze but hey, I ain't paying for it if I don't need to. I actually prefer a small antifreeze leak, it saves me from spending hundreds of dollars flushing the system. I love driving this car with a manual. Those of you burning through tires, I do too but that's bc I like driving rough. You can get different tires with more tread if you're concerned.

JUNK
By floyd93

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The rest of the reviews pretty much cover it, but so you don't think 'maybe there are just a few bad ones' let me add my 2 cents, 1 cent more than I would pay for another Suzuki! This thing will rip through brakes and tires faster than I thought possible. Had a transmission issue at less than 30,000 miles that some how was not covered under their great warranty. Don't even bother with their customer relations department, that is a joke in itself. Another Transmission problem at 70,000 miles, oh this was covered by the warranty but somehow the radiator needed to be replaced at the end of the service. Don't ask me???

Favorite Features

No favorite features, but I ran out of room in the first box. The service centers absolutely are the worst. I have never felt so degraded in my life. Expect to wait a lifetime to get any warranty/ recall work performed. I imagine it might have something to do with the 1,000's of other vehicles waiting in line.

Suggested Improvements

I would not recommend this car to anyone. Stay far away, there are way better vehicles for the price out there.

Worst car I've ever owned
By jerushah

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new from the dealer and have had problems with it from day one. The interior handles broke off, it rattles, jerks when put into reverse, check engine light comes on all the time, dents easily, paint started coming off within a week, have had to put over $1500 into repairs, and now I have to pump the accelerator to get the thing to start. I will never buy another product from them. The car is total junk and should be recalled.

Favorite Features

The CD player still works.

Suggested Improvements

Recall the thing already!

more problems than its worth.
By rgunn1

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

While i do like the looks and comfort of this car, and initially thought it was an excellent car, my opinion rapidly changed. The throttle sensors have gone out twice (at my expensive of course), the check engine light comes on & stays on ''its nothing'' says suzuki who then reset it, only for it to come on a day later. and now, i have a rattle that they cant give me a straight answer on. one mechanic says wheel bearings, another said its the transfer case (its front drive and doesnt have a transfer case!!! good job suzuki training your mechanics), another says its the exhaust shielding. but no one will put it in writing what the problem is. the car is junk, better off with a bicycle.

Favorite Features

i do think the car is attractive from an exterior standpoint.

Suggested Improvements

everything. low quality sheetmetal dings way too easily. engine and transmission are total junk. squeaks and rattles after a few thousand miles are put on the car. suggestion: stop selling the car, recall the ones that are already sold, OR get competant dealer mechanics who can actually diagnose then fix a problem.