2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
JUNK
By floyd93 on 10/03/11 14:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The rest of the reviews pretty much cover it, but so you don't think 'maybe there are just a few bad ones' let me add my 2 cents, 1 cent more than I would pay for another Suzuki! This thing will rip through brakes and tires faster than I thought possible. Had a transmission issue at less than 30,000 miles that some how was not covered under their great warranty. Don't even bother with their customer relations department, that is a joke in itself. Another Transmission problem at 70,000 miles, oh this was covered by the warranty but somehow the radiator needed to be replaced at the end of the service. Don't ask me???

Worst car I've ever owned
By jerushah on 07/12/11 20:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new from the dealer and have had problems with it from day one. The interior handles broke off, it rattles, jerks when put into reverse, check engine light comes on all the time, dents easily, paint started coming off within a week, have had to put over $1500 into repairs, and now I have to pump the accelerator to get the thing to start. I will never buy another product from them. The car is total junk and should be recalled.

more problems than its worth.
By rgunn1 on 04/07/11 12:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

While i do like the looks and comfort of this car, and initially thought it was an excellent car, my opinion rapidly changed. The throttle sensors have gone out twice (at my expensive of course), the check engine light comes on & stays on ''its nothing'' says suzuki who then reset it, only for it to come on a day later. and now, i have a rattle that they cant give me a straight answer on. one mechanic says wheel bearings, another said its the transfer case (its front drive and doesnt have a transfer case!!! good job suzuki training your mechanics), another says its the exhaust shielding. but no one will put it in writing what the problem is. the car is junk, better off with a bicycle.

I like !!
By roy71 on 01/13/11 20:31 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, we got the Forenza 6 months ago with 29,000 miles. It now has 36,400 miles and only "problem" was one bent rim, which was no cost to us, the dealer even put a new tire on it for us =) I think its fun to drive, we have the 5speed manual. The design is really awesome, it beats the boring civic or corolla hands down. It has proven reliable so far. It seems like you get a really bad Forenza or a really good one. Ive read the reviews, after we bought it, if i would had read them before we bought it, honestly i probably would not have purchased it, but i dont regret purchasing it =)

By hortega on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Suzuki w/19,000 miles/Jan of 2007,I have about 95,700 miles now with same transmission problem at this minute.I have driven this car with no problems to Texas twice.I got good gas mileage and smooth comfort I did change to better tires,I also did a lot of LA street driving with no problems up until last Oct when I first felt the jerk of the car when I put the gear in reverse.I have been driving it on and off.If it jerks I turn it off and wait a few minutes and start it up again listening for the idle to come down thats when I put in D. Looking for the part so I can get someone reliable to install in the Los Angeles area any hints. I love it except for transmission problem.

Door Handles
By KarmicX on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I just called Suzuki because I heard of the recall on certain Suzuki models. The door handles have all broken. They want to do nothing but charge me a phenomenal rate to fix them. It's a flaw they had when using cheap door handles. I love that Suzuki is standing behind their product. I drive with my kids all the time and this is a safety issue. If you can't exit the vehicle without unrolling the automatic windows and the back passengers can't even reach their exterior door handles to exit doesn't this constitute a severe safety issue.

$4500 in repair bills in three years
By Bill D. on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just put on the fourth set of tires in three and a half years. Just spent $1400 on struts and alignment. Door handles broke off at 50K miles. Power steering pump went out at 70k miles. I have spent enough on repairs to buy a new car, and I am still paying on this one. This $11,000 car is now a $16,000 car. I will never buy another Suzuki product of any type.

Not the car i thought it would be
By Pablo on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new.. thought it was a great buy. I guess you cant ask for much for 11,000. Everything was good until 45,000 miles. Head gasket blew.. a couple of oil hoses had to be changed. The 5,000 repair cost was covered by the warranty so that wasn't that bad. Then at 49,000 my clutch and all the components broke. That was 850 out of my pocket not including towing... Now at 51,000 the cam shaft sensor broke along with the steering belt. 600 dollars to replace... I don't know whats next... I'm still paying for my car and i already have an extensive list of repairs.. My only question is, whats going to break next? Oh and the paint on all my door handles chipped off after 3 years.

Very Dependable
By firebirdz on 08/31/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years and I couldn't be happier. I have never had a car work so great for me. It has never broken down. I have had to take it in for a couple of repairs/recalls but all in all spent maybe $600 in the three years for maintain (Well that isn't counting registering the auto which is expensive). You would think a car that looks so small would be small on the inside but it is so roomy!! I do have an issue with the paint on the plastic door jams it chips very easily. So I had so sand them and re paint them myself which is okay. The biggest thing for everyone to remember, take your auto in or perform 10,000 mile check ups and it will take care of you regardless.

My Forenza rocks!
By SurlyMae on 08/25/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love love love this car. It was obviously well taken care of by the previous owner, had 41k miles on it when purchased. Zero problems so far. I am 5'10" & it is roomy enough for me. Averages 27 mph, city driving. So fun to drive that I honestly drive more than I should.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.