Used 2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

06' Suzuki Forenza
By tybri93

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 06 Forenza has been an excellent car. Bought it with 90,000 miles on it and it now has 111,000 miles on it in one year. It's only had one thing go wrong, and that was a bad battery, that just had to be changed. Nothing the car had to do with it. The performance is awesome with the stick, and the engine. The engine is incredibly willing to do what you want, especially when you hold it 2nd or 3rd gear. I'm tall and there is plenty of room, for me and my passengers. Doesn't leak oil, or anything like that. It starts up every morning, rain, snow, sun, anything it doesn't complain. The car performs well in all terrain whether snow and ice are on the ground or not.

Favorite Features

The performance is great, as I said the engine is willing, but I would recommend it with the manual gear box. The economy is good to, I average anywhere between 25 mpg, to 38 mpg. I do have a K&N air filter, and I'm sure this helps a lot. The sound system is not bad for an entry level car, it is very willing as well. Car is roomy, and able to accommodate the tallest of riders.

Suggested Improvements

Suzuki should never have pulled out of the American market. The company has great reliability, and were developing a nice new product line. Great car, excellent first buy, get out there and get one. The one thing that really bothers me is the car shares parts with Daewoo, but other then that it's great.

Sad to see it go.
By blacktiger

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought The Frog, a Desert Green Base model 5-speed 2006 Forenza, when it was a year old with only 4000 miles for a bargain, only $9900. In only five and a half years I drove it to over 141,000 miles. The exhaust, cooling and A/C systems required no attention. Paint maintained original appearance and the car would not rust. Maintenance included changing the oil, synthetic only, filters and the rear brake pads. Suzuki also replaced a fried splice pack for the headlights, under recall. No other service or repairs were required! Everything else, including the battery, was original. I could have replaced the timing belt and continued trusting it indefinitely.

Favorite Features

The manual transmission is the easiest I have ever used. The 8-speaker stereo sound quality was far above expectation on a base model. The car was 100% reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Avoid low-profile (55) tires as standard and the only option specified. They are overly expensive and do not protect the wheels from potholes and such.

Need to dump this car
By jessinral84

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan. Where do I even begin? The check engine light comes on constantly; it has comes on at three times in the past year for me. Each time, I spend $300 getting it "fixed" only to have it come on again soon after. The paint on the door handles chips. This car SUCKS during long trips..and by long, I mean trips over an hour. Its noisy, drives poorly and has difficulty accelerating. It also jerks every time I put it in reverse. The battery drains very easily, I've spent $ getting that replaced. Gas mileage is terrible. Crappy car all around. Every day, I worry that this car will break down (because it has..a lot)

Favorite Features

Comfortable and it has a lot of room for a small car

Sucks
By moniques

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car...I have a 2006 and I have had it since 2008...it only had 20000 and I have put power steering pump-900..trans senstors--400..3 timing belts--150each...3 oil leaks--total of 450 and now the timing chain has poped and i need a new engine and cant afford it..thanks Suzuki..oh and the door handles break inside.. and it has bad gas mil and the tires wear down... Whoo I wish I could throw it back at the dealers..if you ever see me driving another Suzuki please know I must of won it

I got duped!!
By nafeeshap

2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the WORST car I have EVER owned. I drive a 2006 Suzuki Forenza. My car does NOT start like it is supposed to. I have spent so much money trying to determine what the problem is. I have to unplug the battery in order for the car to start when i'm ready to drive it & that does not always work. The car is in the shop right now. I took the car in Saturday 4/21/2012. I got a complete tune-up. I picked the car up Saturday 4/28/2012. I drove home. I parked the car. I went to move the car on Monday 4/30/2012. The car would not start. I took it back to the mechanic. I brought the car with 4 miles on it. It was brand new. I now have 21,000+ mi on it. It makes no sense. I HATE this car!

Favorite Features

The car is good on gas but i'd rather pay more money for gas on a car that actually works!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the paint! The electricity sucks! Lift the body of the car so big trucks can't sit on it! Make it less easy to dent!