Used 2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Not a bad car at all.... I'm moving on but selling to a family member.
By jdwaters13

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, I bought my 06 Forenza Wagon with around 67K on it so I knew within the next 20K miles I would need to put some work into it, figured tires and brakes, typical stuff...

The car ran great and I took it to 125K miles and am selling to a family member as I upgraded my personal ride.

The Suzuki does have its known issues like the Transmission Selector Switch, dashboard lights coming on and a few other minor glitches but I did my 3,000 mile oil changes and was very happy with the overall experience.

Roomy interior that I found comfortable and I took plenty of road trips (family lives over 500 miles away). The wagon has lots of room and the 60/40 rear seats allowed plenty of cargo options. I thought the average gas mileage of around 25-27 was pretty good and never found highway driving to be loud or uncomfortable. I like the exterior styling, it looks European thanks to the Italian designer rather than Korean source of manufacture. Power everything, for a base model I love the power windows, locks and cruise control. I replaced the stereo since I wanted a USB port for music. I didn't care for the stock radio.

Transmission range selector switch has been a major issue with this car, I think at one point lawsuits were threatened over it but not a large enough class action got together over it. What I found the best option for me was when work needed to be done I would take it to my local Car-X and get a detailed estimate, then get on the internet and order the parts myself and save well over half what Car-X quotes and hired a mobile mechanic to do the labor at a far less cost than Car-X. Since Suzuki isn't in the US any longer, I would strongly recommend you locate a repair shop and make sure they are comfortable working on a Suzuki.

It's not the best car!
By bcchunk

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle now for 3-4 years and haven't really had major problems. My airbag light won't go off. I've recently had my check engine light come on a lot. My friend says that it probably the transmission. The last time I got an oil change the service guy says I need new brakes and I'll probably need new tires. I'm coming up on 60K miles and the service for that is over $400. Not cool. I don't want to put any more money in this car. The car doesn't really have a high value and the suzuki dealerships are going out of business so when trying to trade this in most companies are only giving me $3-4K. I should have left this vehicle where it was and tried for a nissan altima.

None

None since I don't think you'll be around that much longer. But if you are then I would've liked some cruise control.

So unreliable it is scary
By Jessica

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car a little over a month ago. About two to three weeks after I bought the car, I went into the store for groceries and came back out to have the car not start at all. When I turned the key, the car didn't even make a sound like it was trying to turn over. Had to get car jumped. Bought new battery thinking that was the problem. Hours later I went out for something and it did it again. Had car into dealership the next day and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I traded in a Ford Escort for this. I miss my old car. I drive with a jump box now and have to use it to start the car sometimes. I'm scared I'll get stranded somewhere.

cd player (although that sometimes will stop working too)

I have no idea where to begin. Maybe discontinue the car? I regret buying mine. Car seems to have the not starting/dead battery-like problem when it's over 80+ degrees and I use the a/c. I'm really scared to drive it. Lots of problems with it not starting.

Great Suzuki Wagon 2006
By Great Wagon

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon Premium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my wagon used with 13k miles for $9,200. I previously owned a Grand Vitara but it was too bumpy on the road. The wagon is smooth, average 25 mpg, can get as much as 27.6 on highway. I used 87 octane and read a former owner's review and he suggests to use 91 octane for more miles. Just wish there was a rear release button for the trunk door. I now have 20k miles and no problems. I definitely would recommend this wagon over a SUV. Maybe one day they will improve the gas mileage and softer seats. The leather seating is so much better, but i didn't want an additional $1500 expense. Overall I am happy.

Cobalt blue color, matching color rails, tires, roomy, and the European design.

A little better gas mileage like 35mpg on highway.

You get what you pay for
By lory conover

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

At two weeks after purchase, the dash light switch went out. One month later the door locks stopped working. At 4 mo. the transmission went out. Was replaced by a new one, but now I'm concerned about the overall quality of the car. Looking to trade it in for a more reliable model. Darn. I liked the feel of the Forenza and the interior as well as fuel economy. Suzuki should stick with building motorcycles!

Stereo system, exterior design, interior spacing.

Build a better car!