2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
It's not the best car!
By bcchunk on 03/19/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle now for 3-4 years and haven't really had major problems. My airbag light won't go off. I've recently had my check engine light come on a lot. My friend says that it probably the transmission. The last time I got an oil change the service guy says I need new brakes and I'll probably need new tires. I'm coming up on 60K miles and the service for that is over $400. Not cool. I don't want to put any more money in this car. The car doesn't really have a high value and the suzuki dealerships are going out of business so when trying to trade this in most companies are only giving me $3-4K. I should have left this vehicle where it was and tried for a nissan altima.

So unreliable it is scary
By Jessica on 07/16/09 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car a little over a month ago. About two to three weeks after I bought the car, I went into the store for groceries and came back out to have the car not start at all. When I turned the key, the car didn't even make a sound like it was trying to turn over. Had to get car jumped. Bought new battery thinking that was the problem. Hours later I went out for something and it did it again. Had car into dealership the next day and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I traded in a Ford Escort for this. I miss my old car. I drive with a jump box now and have to use it to start the car sometimes. I'm scared I'll get stranded somewhere.

Great Suzuki Wagon 2006
By Great Wagon on 08/10/08 20:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon Premium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my wagon used with 13k miles for $9,200. I previously owned a Grand Vitara but it was too bumpy on the road. The wagon is smooth, average 25 mpg, can get as much as 27.6 on highway. I used 87 octane and read a former owner's review and he suggests to use 91 octane for more miles. Just wish there was a rear release button for the trunk door. I now have 20k miles and no problems. I definitely would recommend this wagon over a SUV. Maybe one day they will improve the gas mileage and softer seats. The leather seating is so much better, but i didn't want an additional $1500 expense. Overall I am happy.

You get what you pay for
By lory conover on 04/07/07 01:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

At two weeks after purchase, the dash light switch went out. One month later the door locks stopped working. At 4 mo. the transmission went out. Was replaced by a new one, but now I'm concerned about the overall quality of the car. Looking to trade it in for a more reliable model. Darn. I liked the feel of the Forenza and the interior as well as fuel economy. Suzuki should stick with building motorcycles!

Not Too Bad
By mark on 12/04/06 14:07 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon Premium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new in Sept. '06. I have already put 5,000 miles on it and have not had any major problems. The air bag warning light came on and it turned out to be a wire connection in the driver's seat was loose. Next was the check engine light, that one turned out to be the gas cap not sealing properly. As far as the gas mileage goes, I have found that if I use a higher octane 91 or greater the fuel mileage improves. 87 octane is just no good in this car. I drove mine from San Diego to Texas and back and found I was getting about 360+ miles per tank with 91+ octane as opposed to about 300 to 325 mi on 87 octane fuel.

Suzuki Forenza
By kevin on 11/16/06 07:30 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for work. I drive 134 miles per day to and from work. This car is not roomy enough and does not get very good gas millage on open highway. At 70 miles per hour I average just under 27 miles per gallon. My driving is all highway, with only 4 lights each way. I am not very happy with this performance, but the dealership says it is within the specs.

Suzuki, More Bang for your Buck!
By Juan G Lozada on 09/20/06 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My Forenza has is not only worth every dollar I paid for it, but it tops any Toyota or Honda in its class. We are a family of five and fit comfortabilly and there is space for my daughters wheelchair and luggage. The gas mileage is great, compared to the Toyota I used to have, and is as reliable as the Nissan and Honda we had. If you want more bang for your buck any Suzuki model is worth every cent. I was also an owner of a 2002 XL-7 when I lived in Puerto Rico and with bad roads and weather conditions, I felt super safe and it was fun to drive.

I Love Driving This Car
By One Satisfied Custom on 05/26/06 06:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon Premium 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Forenza Wagon is a great driving experience. It handles well on highways and in street driving, has a great turning capability, and gets OK gas mileage (there are more fuel effiecient wagons out there). The exterior styling is great, it looks like an Italian import. For price and overall value, I could not be happier.

Nice car, but not on gas in city driving
By james on 05/17/06 12:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Suzuki Forenza is not a bad car. It is sharp looking and has lots of nice features. It is priced nicely for a family wagon.

Love this car
By veaja on 04/30/06 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Wagon 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We just got our Forenza wagon. We love it. It has room for our family. The stereo system is great. We travel on the weekends to ball tournaments and it hold all my sons ball stuff. Drive like a dream. It has lots of extras for not a lot of money. I would buy one all over again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.