2006 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
I will miss it
By njrp2000 on 09/27/13 07:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 2 miles on it. Drove it until she had 108,547 miles when the timing belt and pulley system broke taking along some valves and pistons with it while on a road trip. Worth more to fix than the cars value so I decided to junk it. This was the only "necessary" major repair work I had to do on the car. In 7 years I never had to change out the brakes, the clutch or anything else. Replaced the serpentine belt once and the battery just once. The only negative I have was the paint was faulty and the interior door handles broke very easily.

Sad to see it go.
By blacktiger on 03/24/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought The Frog, a Desert Green Base model 5-speed 2006 Forenza, when it was a year old with only 4000 miles for a bargain, only $9900. In only five and a half years I drove it to over 141,000 miles. The exhaust, cooling and A/C systems required no attention. Paint maintained original appearance and the car would not rust. Maintenance included changing the oil, synthetic only, filters and the rear brake pads. Suzuki also replaced a fried splice pack for the headlights, under recall. No other service or repairs were required! Everything else, including the battery, was original. I could have replaced the timing belt and continued trusting it indefinitely.

Wow, lots of bad reviews here
By bb4t on 11/09/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving it for a week, the clutch plate was slipping according to them so they fix it for free of course. Since then, the car has been great. I now have 95,000 miles and I literally have done nothing to it expect oil changes! My battery lasted until 94,000 miles! Sure I have issues...need rear shocks replaced, leaking a little antifreeze but hey, I ain't paying for it if I don't need to. I actually prefer a small antifreeze leak, it saves me from spending hundreds of dollars flushing the system. I love driving this car with a manual. Those of you burning through tires, I do too but that's bc I like driving rough. You can get different tires with more tread if you're concerned.

I like !!
By roy71 on 01/13/11 20:31 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Well, we got the Forenza 6 months ago with 29,000 miles. It now has 36,400 miles and only "problem" was one bent rim, which was no cost to us, the dealer even put a new tire on it for us =) I think its fun to drive, we have the 5speed manual. The design is really awesome, it beats the boring civic or corolla hands down. It has proven reliable so far. It seems like you get a really bad Forenza or a really good one. Ive read the reviews, after we bought it, if i would had read them before we bought it, honestly i probably would not have purchased it, but i dont regret purchasing it =)

$4500 in repair bills in three years
By Bill D. on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just put on the fourth set of tires in three and a half years. Just spent $1400 on struts and alignment. Door handles broke off at 50K miles. Power steering pump went out at 70k miles. I have spent enough on repairs to buy a new car, and I am still paying on this one. This $11,000 car is now a $16,000 car. I will never buy another Suzuki product of any type.

Not the car i thought it would be
By Pablo on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new.. thought it was a great buy. I guess you cant ask for much for 11,000. Everything was good until 45,000 miles. Head gasket blew.. a couple of oil hoses had to be changed. The 5,000 repair cost was covered by the warranty so that wasn't that bad. Then at 49,000 my clutch and all the components broke. That was 850 out of my pocket not including towing... Now at 51,000 the cam shaft sensor broke along with the steering belt. 600 dollars to replace... I don't know whats next... I'm still paying for my car and i already have an extensive list of repairs.. My only question is, whats going to break next? Oh and the paint on all my door handles chipped off after 3 years.

Very Dependable
By firebirdz on 08/31/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for 3 years and I couldn't be happier. I have never had a car work so great for me. It has never broken down. I have had to take it in for a couple of repairs/recalls but all in all spent maybe $600 in the three years for maintain (Well that isn't counting registering the auto which is expensive). You would think a car that looks so small would be small on the inside but it is so roomy!! I do have an issue with the paint on the plastic door jams it chips very easily. So I had so sand them and re paint them myself which is okay. The biggest thing for everyone to remember, take your auto in or perform 10,000 mile check ups and it will take care of you regardless.

This car has been great!
By Emily on 08/04/10 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own the base model manual 5 speed when I bought it I compared most cars in its class. I found the brakes and airbags seemed to be extra on all the other cars. I needed a good reliable car to take me around the Western US. I am not technical or know much about cars but I think I did great for the cost, quality and warranty.

forenza rocks =)
By forenzalovr on 07/13/10 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned the car for 2 weeks and it has 30,000 miles on it. It has no problems, no not starting issues, or any other issues. It rides and drives great, it is very comfortable, you do not feel like you are squished in a compact car. Looks great, i have the summit white paint color. Love the interior design and feel, looks above and beyond what you would expect. Everyone throws down on this car, I don't know why, its a great car, if you treat your car the way it should be treated, it will work just fine! With 30,000 miles on it, i am pretty sure i would have experienced a problem if there is any by now.

good car
By carreview on 07/01/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have had our forenza for a week now and love it. We have the manual transmission which i recommend(better gas mileage). We have the base model but you don't feel like you have a base car. The materials feel very nice, they don't feel cheap, the styling looks great inside and out. Very comfortable to ride and drive in. It does have a surprisingly roomy interior. The trunk space is also large and legroom in the back seat is roomy. I would recommend this car to anybody.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.