2006 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
Poor build quality, don't buy
By rick_vandeven on 01/03/14 10:16 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My daugher bought a 2006 Suzuki Forenza with 22,000 miles on it in 2012. Less than a month after her purchase, the transmission selecter switch went out. This switch failed again after 8,000 miles. I stocked up this time. The car required a full tune up at 35,000 miles. The plugs were dust. I have never seen plugs look this bad in a car with this few miles. I replaced the timing belt while I was at it. I had a hunch this was the next item to fail. I just replaced the struts with 50,000 miles. They were absolute junk and would not stand on their own without the springs. Unless you like working on vehicles, do not purchase a 2006 Suzuki Forenza. Poor, poor, poor build quality.

I will miss it
By njrp2000 on 09/27/13 07:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car with 2 miles on it. Drove it until she had 108,547 miles when the timing belt and pulley system broke taking along some valves and pistons with it while on a road trip. Worth more to fix than the cars value so I decided to junk it. This was the only "necessary" major repair work I had to do on the car. In 7 years I never had to change out the brakes, the clutch or anything else. Replaced the serpentine belt once and the battery just once. The only negative I have was the paint was faulty and the interior door handles broke very easily.

06' Suzuki Forenza
By tybri93 on 07/27/13 12:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 06 Forenza has been an excellent car. Bought it with 90,000 miles on it and it now has 111,000 miles on it in one year. It's only had one thing go wrong, and that was a bad battery, that just had to be changed. Nothing the car had to do with it. The performance is awesome with the stick, and the engine. The engine is incredibly willing to do what you want, especially when you hold it 2nd or 3rd gear. I'm tall and there is plenty of room, for me and my passengers. Doesn't leak oil, or anything like that. It starts up every morning, rain, snow, sun, anything it doesn't complain. The car performs well in all terrain whether snow and ice are on the ground or not.

Sad to see it go.
By blacktiger on 03/24/13 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought The Frog, a Desert Green Base model 5-speed 2006 Forenza, when it was a year old with only 4000 miles for a bargain, only $9900. In only five and a half years I drove it to over 141,000 miles. The exhaust, cooling and A/C systems required no attention. Paint maintained original appearance and the car would not rust. Maintenance included changing the oil, synthetic only, filters and the rear brake pads. Suzuki also replaced a fried splice pack for the headlights, under recall. No other service or repairs were required! Everything else, including the battery, was original. I could have replaced the timing belt and continued trusting it indefinitely.

Need to dump this car
By jessinral84 on 10/26/12 11:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 Suzuki Forenza Sedan. Where do I even begin? The check engine light comes on constantly; it has comes on at three times in the past year for me. Each time, I spend $300 getting it "fixed" only to have it come on again soon after. The paint on the door handles chips. This car SUCKS during long trips..and by long, I mean trips over an hour. Its noisy, drives poorly and has difficulty accelerating. It also jerks every time I put it in reverse. The battery drains very easily, I've spent $ getting that replaced. Gas mileage is terrible. Crappy car all around. Every day, I worry that this car will break down (because it has..a lot)

Sucks
By moniques on 08/12/12 19:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car...I have a 2006 and I have had it since 2008...it only had 20000 and I have put power steering pump-900..trans senstors--400..3 timing belts--150each...3 oil leaks--total of 450 and now the timing chain has poped and i need a new engine and cant afford it..thanks Suzuki..oh and the door handles break inside.. and it has bad gas mil and the tires wear down... Whoo I wish I could throw it back at the dealers..if you ever see me driving another Suzuki please know I must of won it

I got duped!!
By nafeeshap on 05/01/12 09:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the WORST car I have EVER owned. I drive a 2006 Suzuki Forenza. My car does NOT start like it is supposed to. I have spent so much money trying to determine what the problem is. I have to unplug the battery in order for the car to start when i'm ready to drive it & that does not always work. The car is in the shop right now. I took the car in Saturday 4/21/2012. I got a complete tune-up. I picked the car up Saturday 4/28/2012. I drove home. I parked the car. I went to move the car on Monday 4/30/2012. The car would not start. I took it back to the mechanic. I brought the car with 4 miles on it. It was brand new. I now have 21,000+ mi on it. It makes no sense. I HATE this car!

Wow, lots of bad reviews here
By bb4t on 11/09/11 18:01 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After driving it for a week, the clutch plate was slipping according to them so they fix it for free of course. Since then, the car has been great. I now have 95,000 miles and I literally have done nothing to it expect oil changes! My battery lasted until 94,000 miles! Sure I have issues...need rear shocks replaced, leaking a little antifreeze but hey, I ain't paying for it if I don't need to. I actually prefer a small antifreeze leak, it saves me from spending hundreds of dollars flushing the system. I love driving this car with a manual. Those of you burning through tires, I do too but that's bc I like driving rough. You can get different tires with more tread if you're concerned.

JUNK
By floyd93 on 10/03/11 14:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The rest of the reviews pretty much cover it, but so you don't think 'maybe there are just a few bad ones' let me add my 2 cents, 1 cent more than I would pay for another Suzuki! This thing will rip through brakes and tires faster than I thought possible. Had a transmission issue at less than 30,000 miles that some how was not covered under their great warranty. Don't even bother with their customer relations department, that is a joke in itself. Another Transmission problem at 70,000 miles, oh this was covered by the warranty but somehow the radiator needed to be replaced at the end of the service. Don't ask me???

Worst car I've ever owned
By jerushah on 07/12/11 20:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Forenza 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car new from the dealer and have had problems with it from day one. The interior handles broke off, it rattles, jerks when put into reverse, check engine light comes on all the time, dents easily, paint started coming off within a week, have had to put over $1500 into repairs, and now I have to pump the accelerator to get the thing to start. I will never buy another product from them. The car is total junk and should be recalled.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.