Would I buy a Forenza again?
By GW Morten on
2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
As I take the Forenza to the shop AGAIN, I ask myself if I would buy this one again. No. Not likely. This car has cost us more in the time we have owned it (purchased new) than any other we own or have owned. MPG says 21-22. Have RARELY gotten 20 (more often 16-18). DON'T try to drive in slippery conditions (rain or ice), because you will likely need to be pushed out of the way. I have had equivalent Toyotas in the past, and NEVER had a question about use in winter. Not so, the Forenza. Also, tires are NON-STD size ($$), 7yr/100k warranty is severely limited. It drives ok, but would I get another Suzuki product based on our experience? Sadly, and very disappointedly, No.
Favorite Features
Styling isn't bad. Adequate leg room.
Suggested Improvements
N/A since this model has disappeared from the fleet, but otherwise, I would figure out why it is so BAD in adverse weather. I would put a more gas-stingy engine under the hood. Short of that, it would be not a good deal.
By crissy03
on 03/05/11 06:55 AM (PST)

I too own a Suzuki Forenza 05 and as soon as it reached the 58,000 mile mark it began in a down spiral. Not to mention that the Suzuki dealer in my area couldn’t even fix the problems which is pretty sad. It all began when the lock on my driver’s side became unscrewed you could literally hear the lock rattling around in my car door of course I had to promptly get this issue fixed. Then I began having problems with my car not starting properly. I would try and start my car and it would immediately die, after a couple of rounds of this it would eventually start up the engine would sputter than it would began to drive smooth. The day this began I took the car into the dealer (by the way my check engine light and airbag light constantly stays on and like the others that commented my headlights went out fairly early too) they told me nothing was wrong, well one month later I had smoke coming from under the hood. They claimed it was the junction block, two weeks later my car still would not start properly. I did everything the auto mechanics at the dealership suggested come to find out they were just blowing smoke. They could never fix the issue and I ended up with a blown head gasket at 59,000 miles and Suzuki did not want to cover it under the warranty. If you are a consumer looking for a good vehicle but don’t have a lot of money I would say buy a used Honda or a more reputable car ! The car doesn’t last, their dealerships can’t back their product and you are the one left stranded at the end of the day.