2005 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews 5

2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
Good ride
By Wade on 06/11/06 21:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in December, '05. I love my Forenza. I drove it from Louisiana to Colorado and had great gas milage. I bought it to commute to school and it has served that purpose well. If you need a car to get around town or are a college student, get this car!

I got a deal
By minewasadeal on 05/28/06 12:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Paid $11,060 out-the-door for my Forenza. I needed a wagon and it turned out that I couldn't find anything else comparable for the price. The price I got it for is actually better than you'll get for any econo car. I don't expect it to be quick so I'm content. I average 27 mpg in city/hwy driving. It never gets less than 25 and I got 34.2 once on the highway. As far as the ride comfort, handling, braking and road feel go, they're fine and will only improve with top grade performance Michelin tires. The Kumho's it has are admittedly mediocre. If you need a wagon it's a great deal. HAGGLE with the dealer. This is my 17th car and I know how to get a good price. I'm sure you can too. It's well worth $11,060.

I Love My Suzuki
By gigindaut on 05/22/06 11:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Forenza has plenty of power, awesome stopping ability, and a great suspension.

This is a good car
By tony on 05/13/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Forenza has pretty good performance, a very good body style, an excellent stereo, stops on a dime, and comes with lots of extras that other models of this type do not have. Go with the LX or EX model and you get what you pay for. They say it has a lot of wind noise, but when the windows are up this car is very quiet and smooth.

Decent....
By MIke on 05/04/06 09:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fuel efficient. I can usually get almost 400 hundred miles on a full tank of gas. The engine is a little rough, but it's only a 4 cyclinder so that is expected.

Rides too low
By d..a. on 04/07/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The Suzuki Forenza rides very low, plus there is a obvious lack of respect from other drivers on the road. I feel inferior. The gas mileage is disappointing at 24 mpg overall. I expected 27-28. If I had a do over, I would have purchased a Suzuki Aerio SX. It is really nice and is much taller and made better, in the US instead of in Korea. Or perhaps I would have bought a Toyota Matrix. Also, I have learned that Suzuki dealerships, I have gone to three of them, are not very professional or knowledgeable about their vehicles. I had questions about synthetic oil and some other stuff and they gave me the wrong info. I tried to trade my Forenza back in after only four months and Suzuki wouldn't give me anything for my car. They did not want it back.

Don't Buy This Car
By Mike on 02/18/06 10:44 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Proceeding up a bridge in my Suzuki Forenza, the engine died taking out the power steering and brakes. The Forenza began to roll backwards into oncoming and merging traffic in a two lane construction area. I was able to avoid a serious multi-car accident with quick use of the emergency brake. The dealer wasn't immediately sure what went wrong and contacted Suzuki Tech Support. Sight unseen, they were told to order a list of parts including water pump, timing belt and complete head assembly. Suzuki denied the frequent occurrence of this failure, but knew the exact parts to replace? The water pump pulley had been installed backwards, allowing the timing belt to skip. This car is unfit for American roads. Recall it!

Suzuki Forenza
By Justin Maier on 02/16/06 18:53 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Forenza. I've had it for almost six months now and everything about it is great. I feel like it has a good amount of power, especially in the higher gears and at higher speeds. This car is everything I needed in a car.

Gas Milage is Horriable
By brad on 02/02/06 14:27 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Suzuki Forenza S. There are many things that I like about the car. The great warranty is nice to have and its standard features are nice, most base line cars do not have a CD player or steering wheel stereo controls. The main thing that I am not happy with is the gas milage. I only get about 24-25 which is horriable and that's with babying it. I think that the main reason is the engine is overworked so it needs to use more gas to get it going. I have a 2002 Mazda Protege and driving that pretty hard gets about 30 mpg.

Excellent
By BigAl on 12/03/05 21:49 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I love everything about this car. It gets good fuel economy, has style, ergonomics, decent handling, and a nice interior. To top it all off, it's a bargain. I can't believe the reviewers are so negative on this car. They must just be biased.