Used 2005 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Served us well
By firstimebuyer

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Forenza new and have been driving it for 5 years. Its not as comfortable as our older bigger car but we expected that. Its always been reliable, no issues. Never noticed a problem with the power and I spend a lot of time on freeways. Dealerships keep selling out and we end up making a day trip to get checkups, warranty stinks - charge an arm and a leg just for normal stuff thank God nothings gone wrong.

love the styling and room in the back. Always get excited when a vehicle runs everytime I turn the key.

warranty and service need major overhaul

Lasted 260K miles.
By JofNoho

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I averaged 50K miles a year since I bought this car brand new. No problems until I had to replace the lifters at 110K, not bad. Suzuki recommends timing belt replacement at 60K but I pushed it to 100K and then 200K. It ran great to 260K, it proved to be extremely reliable. There were a few electrical problems, the passenger's air bag light came on pretty early on and the headlight switch shorted out at about 150k. Also, suzuki charges a lot for parts and the two mechanics I took it to knew nothing about these cars. Other than that, it was a surprisingly durable car that got me back and forth from work for almost 5 years.

Suzuki Forenza 2005
By sascydharan vasudeva

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Noisy engine. Needs more power specially in hill area. Fuel economy is not so good. Interior is good and more spacious. Power steering is good. Heated side mirror is an advantage.

Heater mirrors, cd player,power steering and seats.

Fuel economy, easy way to check transmission oil. It is so bad you have go underneath the car with a special tool to check the transmission oil. Also needs more power to engine

It's a Chevy ...
By macnone

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was driving it for some time ... so far I have to be in the dealership once every 4 months ... something is wrong and needs fixin. I'm used to Nissan QUALITY!!! Now I understand why this thing is so cheap! I'm disregarding the airbag light all together - after a dealership it's off for about a month ... then on again. Do I have to pay $300 each quoter or do I ignore it ... transmission is another common problem ... If you want to see a lot of lights on the dashboard all the time - this car is for you, if not - choose a different manufacturer.

Did not stall on a freeway ... yet.

QUALITY ... don't spend $$$ on the design! Spend it on QUALITY!!!

2005 Forenza is a lemon
By Brian H

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In the 3 years since I have bought this car I have had the front headlights fail, the battery die, the tread come off the two front tires, the oxygen sensor replaced and now I'm dealing with a blown head gasket which blasted a hole in the cylinder head compromising the coolant system. By far the worst car I have ever owned.

None

Take this lemon off the assembly line