2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
Great car for the price I paid
By Rubens on 03/25/07 19:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car one year ago. My car is 5 speed and I don't have any problem at all. For the price I paid the car has a lot of features. In the city it makes 24 MPG and on the freeway it makes 30 MPG.

A Sleeper that's a Flat-out Steal!
By SmallWagonDriver on 01/26/07 21:34 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We absolutely love this car! And I hate cars (where's those jet-packs that those futurists said we'd have by now?). Anyway, after extensive internet research, my wife and I decided this was it (first ever new one). It looks great, drives great, feels great, and it didn't break the bank. Though it's only got 30,000 miles on it, it has not let us down once nor has it been in a shop except to get oil and tires changed. It has plenty of room (hauls an upright bass just fine), has great safety features, has a decent stereo., and has plenty of power. It's a superb, solid highway cruiser! Folks, if you want an inexpensive wagon that sure doesn't look and feel like one, the Forenza is it!

Very Satisfied
By AlanJ on 01/10/07 10:19 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car almost two years ago and am closing in on the 36,000 mile mark. It had a few minor initial quality problems that the dealer happily fixed in the first month. Since then it's been flawless. It is a great value, and is comfortable for a big tall guy like me. It hauls a big load without complaining and it has a great stereo and nice styling. Its handling, acceleration, and fuel economy are adequate, but not stellar. High speed highway cruising is fine though. The automatic transmission shifted harshly at first, but a simple reprogram has it shifting like butter. Overall this is a nice car, I wish it was more popular.

Best Wagon for Your Buck
By Tato on 01/10/07 09:42 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with this wagon has been marvelous. It is sturdy and very reliable on long trips. It is the best value for the money compared to any other brand. It is very economical it gives me 31.27 mpg on highway. It is highly underrated.

Bad Tranny, Shocks, & Gas Mileage, but Good Looks
By Kate2Dance on 01/06/07 16:10 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to commute to work and got decent gas mileage on highway, but horrible in town mileage of less than 20 MPG. At less than 30,000 miles, the transmission went bad and the rear shocks are knocking and rattling! Note this car was purchased to commute to work via a one hour drive on the interstate, so most of it's mileage is highway! With a bad tranny and rear shocks at under 30,000 miles (most of which were highway) and very poor in town gas mileage, you're better off buying something else! I'm buying a Honda next time, or anything else, for that matter!

Best Car Ever
By Angie Ward on 12/11/06 07:44 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I have never had a problem with it and it has been driven back and forth across the country five times. My husband is an auto tech and is still surprised at the little amount of work that has had to be done. I have only had to have regular oil changes done.

Outstanding Value
By semifamous1 on 11/29/06 06:59 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I can not believe how much car and extras were delivered for the price that I paid for this vehicle. I expect that it will go up in price just due to how well it has performed compared to other vehicles in its class that cost much higher. I have been very pleased so far!

How to Pick a Lemon
By Wratchet on 11/09/06 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car was great-at first. It ran clean, and was not so quick but picked up fast. Though I kept the car in great condition, oil changes on time, here I am not even two years later finding problems with the transmission that no mechanic can seem to fix. I used to love the car until it started to experience shifting problems-in an AUTOMATIC! This is very disappointing to say the least.

Excellence and Practicality
By Don LAmb on 07/21/06 06:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

What a deal. To get a beautiful car that is comfortable, fully equipped, and convenient, not to mention the fantastic gas mileage that it gets. I will never buy another American made auto. I got a100,000 mile warranty, which is unheard of in the American car market and the equivalant American car was $10,000 more expensive.

Janet's Forenza
By Jimmy Hembree on 07/09/06 22:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Forenza is eye catching, the ride is good, the handling is good, the interior is good, but the engine performance is lacking. Plus it onlu has average fuel ecomomy. Its feels more comfortable crusing at high speeds. The car has been in the shop twice, other than for regular service; once for the driver's side air bag light, and the second time for the driver's side air bag light and for an entire A/C system failure.