Used 2005 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Suzuki Forenza

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Don't Buy This Car
By Mike

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Proceeding up a bridge in my Suzuki Forenza, the engine died taking out the power steering and brakes. The Forenza began to roll backwards into oncoming and merging traffic in a two lane construction area. I was able to avoid a serious multi-car accident with quick use of the emergency brake. The dealer wasn't immediately sure what went wrong and contacted Suzuki Tech Support. Sight unseen, they were told to order a list of parts including water pump, timing belt and complete head assembly. Suzuki denied the frequent occurrence of this failure, but knew the exact parts to replace? The water pump pulley had been installed backwards, allowing the timing belt to skip. This car is unfit for American roads. Recall it!

Favorite Features

The standard convenience equipment items like power windows, locks, mirrors and the stereo are good for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control and MP3 capability would be great. Visibility through the rear window needs improvement. Higher quality control in the drive train is absolutely imperitive for the safty of drivers. The fuel economy is not what you would expect in this class. I have seen many higher horsepower vehicles that get better mileage.

Paid off, now it's history!
By cubbie1

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First week of purchase I hated it! Took it back and they sold my trade in. I have cursed since I bought it, never another Suzuki again! The rims bend like pasta when I hit any pothole, and headlights go through bulbs like crazy. The CD player has been replaced 2x's and the suspension squeaks! Here's an idea: Suzuki stay with the bikes cause the cars are crap! I traded in a Honda and that's my next purchase. If you're looking at a Suzuki, don't walk away from it, RUN!

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

stop making them!

Never Again
By Very Unhappy

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a problem from the first month of purchase. First it would jut die while driving, then it idled all over the place, transmission (automatic) is rough and jumps a bit coming out of 2nd gear. And now the engine began making alot of noise so I took it in and the repairs are not being covered by that oh so wonderful warranty. I have been told three different causes for this trouble from the samw dealership mechanic. I don't believe they know what they are doing there. I will never own another suzuki again! Poor quality and poor customer service!

Favorite Features

Nice sound quality. Plenty of cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the whole suzuki line and start over.

Don't waste your money
By crissy03

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I too own a Suzuki Forenza 05 and as soon as it reached the 58,000 mile mark it began in a down spiral. Not to mention that the Suzuki dealer in my area couldnít even fix the problems which is pretty sad. It all began when the lock on my driverís side became unscrewed you could literally hear the lock rattling around in my car door of course I had to promptly get this issue fixed. Then I began having problems with my car not starting properly. I would try and start my car and it would immediately die, after a couple of rounds of this it would eventually start up the engine would sputter than it would began to drive smooth. The day this began I took the car into the dealer (by the way my che

2005 Forenza is a lemon
By Brian H

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In the 3 years since I have bought this car I have had the front headlights fail, the battery die, the tread come off the two front tires, the oxygen sensor replaced and now I'm dealing with a blown head gasket which blasted a hole in the cylinder head compromising the coolant system. By far the worst car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Take this lemon off the assembly line