2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
I love my 2005 Suzuki Forenza Wagon EX
By FGS on 07/25/10 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my daughter to drive to college in Tampa while living in Tampa. She put 150 miles of highway driving every day for four years. She graduated and gave it back to me after graduation with 102K miles. There were a couple of highway accidents, two recalls and all the required maintenance checks, but overall this car is outstanding for the price I paid. If it had Bluetooth technology, it would walk on water. I am convinced that this car could not do better for its price tag. Yes, there's that Air Bag light issue, but hey, nobody's perfect. I rate it five stars. Too bad they discontinued making it. It was a great little station wagon with all the comforts of a luxury sedan.

So far So good
By Forenza005 on 07/20/10 02:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Suzuki Forenza and the dealership failed to give me a car fax and tell me it had been in a tiny wreck prior to purchasing it. I have spent money on it for 60K tune up, cost me 2K, at least that and the tire rims well they bend easily and cost 150 bucks each and can only be purchased at the dealership. But it's paid for and NO I will not buy another one. I want a Ford or a Honda next time. My car makes odd sounds and groans like I do when I have to go to work. But at 116K miles and going and the gas mileage is excellent 35+ on the highway, I will not give her up unless my little silver money drainer dies first.

Paid off, now it's history!
By cubbie1 on 06/06/10 14:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First week of purchase I hated it! Took it back and they sold my trade in. I have cursed since I bought it, never another Suzuki again! The rims bend like pasta when I hit any pothole, and headlights go through bulbs like crazy. The CD player has been replaced 2x's and the suspension squeaks! Here's an idea: Suzuki stay with the bikes cause the cars are crap! I traded in a Honda and that's my next purchase. If you're looking at a Suzuki, don't walk away from it, RUN!

Dont Buy
By Misty on 02/11/10 15:40 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

In this case my car is a lemon. A few months after i purchased the power steering rack went out covered under a warranty. Dec 09' Bolt in idler pulley snapped which caused my timing belt to shred which caused 12 valves to bend. Need a new motor $3,000.00 later. Valve cover leaks a little bit of oil. Other than that the car is great. But needless to say once i pay it off im not going straight to a suzuki dealership.

Served us well
By firstimebuyer on 01/29/10 09:35 AM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Forenza new and have been driving it for 5 years. Its not as comfortable as our older bigger car but we expected that. Its always been reliable, no issues. Never noticed a problem with the power and I spend a lot of time on freeways. Dealerships keep selling out and we end up making a day trip to get checkups, warranty stinks - charge an arm and a leg just for normal stuff thank God nothings gone wrong.

Lasted 260K miles.
By JofNoho on 01/06/10 23:49 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Wagon w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I averaged 50K miles a year since I bought this car brand new. No problems until I had to replace the lifters at 110K, not bad. Suzuki recommends timing belt replacement at 60K but I pushed it to 100K and then 200K. It ran great to 260K, it proved to be extremely reliable. There were a few electrical problems, the passenger's air bag light came on pretty early on and the headlight switch shorted out at about 150k. Also, suzuki charges a lot for parts and the two mechanics I took it to knew nothing about these cars. Other than that, it was a surprisingly durable car that got me back and forth from work for almost 5 years.

Suzuki Forenza 2005
By sascydharan vasudeva on 12/11/09 12:26 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Noisy engine. Needs more power specially in hill area. Fuel economy is not so good. Interior is good and more spacious. Power steering is good. Heated side mirror is an advantage.

It's a Chevy ...
By macnone on 11/24/09 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was driving it for some time ... so far I have to be in the dealership once every 4 months ... something is wrong and needs fixin. I'm used to Nissan QUALITY!!! Now I understand why this thing is so cheap! I'm disregarding the airbag light all together - after a dealership it's off for about a month ... then on again. Do I have to pay $300 each quoter or do I ignore it ... transmission is another common problem ... If you want to see a lot of lights on the dashboard all the time - this car is for you, if not - choose a different manufacturer.

2005 Forenza is a lemon
By Brian H on 05/20/09 05:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

In the 3 years since I have bought this car I have had the front headlights fail, the battery die, the tread come off the two front tires, the oxygen sensor replaced and now I'm dealing with a blown head gasket which blasted a hole in the cylinder head compromising the coolant system. By far the worst car I have ever owned.

Would I buy a Forenza again?
By GW Morten on 05/15/09 10:18 AM (PDT)

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

As I take the Forenza to the shop AGAIN, I ask myself if I would buy this one again. No. Not likely. This car has cost us more in the time we have owned it (purchased new) than any other we own or have owned. MPG says 21-22. Have RARELY gotten 20 (more often 16-18). DON'T try to drive in slippery conditions (rain or ice), because you will likely need to be pushed out of the way. I have had equivalent Toyotas in the past, and NEVER had a question about use in winter. Not so, the Forenza. Also, tires are NON-STD size ($$), 7yr/100k warranty is severely limited. It drives ok, but would I get another Suzuki product based on our experience? Sadly, and very disappointedly, No.