Used 2005 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Nice, but work on MPG
By brad

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the 2005 Suzuki Forenza S. I think the main reason I bought this car was because of the 100,000 mile warrranty with full transfer to the next buyer. The gas mileage on mine around town and a little freeway is about 25-27 mpg in Utah. My 2002 protege gets about 29 avg. so they need to work on that. The car has very good standard features that most base models do not come with. Mine is having some issues with the air bag sensor and some dashboard noise while diving. All and all, this is a great car for the price!

Favorite Features

The warranty, looks, and nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

Give it a more powerful engine and maybe stock window tint, but most likely that would bring up the price.

Mixed Breed
By paul wernich

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had researched this car and found it interesting that it was sold by a Japanese company, built in Korea, designed by the Italians, and the parent company (GM) was American. In any case the car is solid, attractive, affordable, and loaded with features. I have the 5-speed manual and it drives and handles quite well. After nearly eight months I've only had a few problems. The brakes had to be adjusted because the car was shaking when I went to stop, the passenger air-bag sensor was bad and the entire seat had to be replaced, the driver side seat fabric came loose at the bottom, and the steering wheel makes noise when I turn. Overall, I am very pleased with my Forenza.

Favorite Features

The exterior and interior are very distinctive. The upgraded look to the car makes it appear more expensive than it is. It has a nice stereo with steering wheel controls, a roomy interior, and high quality materials. I haven't noticed any squeaks or rattles yet. The side air-bags and day-time running lights are great for safety.

Suggested Improvements

The seat fabric looks cheap and busy, it could be more subtle and sedate. The lumbar lever on the drivers seat is flimsy and jabs the driver getting in and out when it is in use. The steering wheel makes noises when turning. I need lighted radio buttons on the steering wheel. It could get better gas mileage, I average 25 mpg.

Heather's Review
By heathergirlie20

2005 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

My experience my 2005 Suzuki Forenza has been great. I love it. It's my second vehicle and I wish it had been my first vehicle because I love it so much!

Favorite Features

My favorite features of my Forenza is the combination of the CD, radio, and cassette feature of the car.

Suggested Improvements

No suggestions at this time

2005 Suzuki Forenza S
By sam culp

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Suzuki Forenza S is a solid car, it has good handling, nice interior features, which are unexpected at this price. It beat Honda's price by $6,000. It is fun to drive, but most importantly, it does not rattle or creak. The engine is set back from the front of the engine compartment, so there is less damage to the engine in the event of an accident. This car is a good value!

Favorite Features

The electric windows, standard 4 wheel disc brakes, comfortable seats, good sound system, and the fact that you can't lock keys inside accidently because of the locking system

Suggested Improvements

Impvode the gas mileage, I but can use blended fuel. The cruise control should be standard. The doors should lock, when the car starts to move.

Forenza - Another Citrus Fruit
By J

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At 6,000 miles, my 2005 Suzuki Forenza needed a new oil pump. At 9,000 miles, it needed a new transmission. No wonder Suzuki touts the best warranty coverage in America. If you buy one.........you're going to need it!