2005 Suzuki Forenza S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Forenza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Sort Reviews by

Suzuki...if only!
By kungfuking

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is made by 3 (that's right 3) different motor companies. This vehicle is part Suzuki, part Daewoo and part Cheverolet....all LEMON. Don't believe me look under the hood you will see American and Asian parts put together attempting to work in harmony with each other. If you need a cheap car don't look here the maintenance is just too much.

Good commuter for young drivers.
By alessing

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for a few years and never really had problems with it. Like others the airbag light came on but that was its ONLY problem. I wont complain about power because if I wanted power I could've bought something else. It was perfect for what I needed, something inexpensive, mildly efficient, reliable, and simple. This was perfect.

Favorite Features

Standard power features not found in other cars, decent stereo, comfortable seats and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic Transmission is sloppy and sometimes unresponsive to a lead foot, and braking can require both feet at times.

It's a decent car, but....
By bigjazzfan

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Suzuki Forenza with 116,000 miles. For what I need (a commuter car) it ran great. I realized it leaked quite a bit of oil, and the antifreeze was disappearing, and the airbag light was on of course. When speaking to a dealer he said he'd never seen a 2005 Forenza NOT leak a considerable amount of oil. I had it for a few months, as long as I kept my eyes on the fluid levels, it was ok. I eventually traded for a different car. If you're looking for a car to rack up miles on, this is it. If you're looking for comfort or long-term reliability, look elsewhere.

Favorite Features

Though odd, I liked the "hold" button for going up hills, so i didn't rev up the engine more than I wanted. I also liked how fast it got up to speed for a 4 cylinder

Suggested Improvements

I would just suggest a sturdier car and a better electric setup so dash lights aren't going off like a christmas tree all the time.

Dependable
By spainishkat

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for our son who was going to college in 2008. We have never had any problems. It is not a sports car or a chick magnet. If you want a dependable gas saving car this is it.

treat it right
By campercasado

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

if you treat it right it will treat you right. that means regular maintenance. i have had it for awhile and it works great. big enough for my family.

Favorite Features

stereo is great. comfortable

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage ( i got above average but still)

trying to hard
By sparkey424

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

although this is one of my favorite cars i have had, it has a lot of problems. it's estimated mpg is [non-permissible content removed]. i have never seen better than 25 mpg. it looks pretty ugly, paint is terrible and is chipping away. has no power what so ever. if i have my ac on and try to go i have to burn the clutch to hell. recently somebody tried to break into my car and messed the locking system up and the dealership wants to charge 1200 dollars for it. break light never goes off. dealer wants 2300 for that. and my airbag light is on, which again is 1200 dollars to fix. although i have no problems with the rims. take it off roading where i'm not supposed to be and can take the abuse.

Favorite Features

stick is nice. radio control. seats are pretty comfy. heater works like a beast. trunk is quite large for the size of the car.

Suggested Improvements

bigger engine. better suspension. needs a better horn. better sound system. better quality in the center counsel. auto door locks. needs a better look. more quality to it. try to make it more appealing. bring it back!

Dont do it
By guyandron

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Forenza brand new. I've bent numerous rims on it (7), It's been through 2 transmissions only one of which was covered under the warranty, it's gone through 4 sets of tires and I'm happy to say I just traded it with 126,000 miles on a Ford Taurus. The gas mileage was horrible even thougg I did mostly highway driving. The car left me stranded on three seperate ocassions and I've had numerous electrical problems. Also went through 8 headlights. If you're looking for a car in this catagory, stick with the old timers like Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. You may pay a little more up front but your cost of ownership will be significantly lower. I will never buy another.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Rims, Tire wear, Headlight bulbs, electrical

Don't waste your money
By crissy03

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I too own a Suzuki Forenza 05 and as soon as it reached the 58,000 mile mark it began in a down spiral. Not to mention that the Suzuki dealer in my area couldnít even fix the problems which is pretty sad. It all began when the lock on my driverís side became unscrewed you could literally hear the lock rattling around in my car door of course I had to promptly get this issue fixed. Then I began having problems with my car not starting properly. I would try and start my car and it would immediately die, after a couple of rounds of this it would eventually start up the engine would sputter than it would began to drive smooth. The day this began I took the car into the dealer (by the way my che

So far So good
By Forenza005

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Suzuki Forenza and the dealership failed to give me a car fax and tell me it had been in a tiny wreck prior to purchasing it. I have spent money on it for 60K tune up, cost me 2K, at least that and the tire rims well they bend easily and cost 150 bucks each and can only be purchased at the dealership. But it's paid for and NO I will not buy another one. I want a Ford or a Honda next time. My car makes odd sounds and groans like I do when I have to go to work. But at 116K miles and going and the gas mileage is excellent 35+ on the highway, I will not give her up unless my little silver money drainer dies first.

Favorite Features

It's easy to park.

Suggested Improvements

crush it, turn it into soft drink cans. Suzuki should never ever be allowed to build cars again, ever!

Paid off, now it's history!
By cubbie1

2005 Suzuki Forenza Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

First week of purchase I hated it! Took it back and they sold my trade in. I have cursed since I bought it, never another Suzuki again! The rims bend like pasta when I hit any pothole, and headlights go through bulbs like crazy. The CD player has been replaced 2x's and the suspension squeaks! Here's an idea: Suzuki stay with the bikes cause the cars are crap! I traded in a Honda and that's my next purchase. If you're looking at a Suzuki, don't walk away from it, RUN!

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

stop making them!