Used 2005 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

CUTE DONT GET YOU DOWN THE ROAD!!
By AmberD

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I highly do not reccommend this car to anyone! I bought this car at 73,000 miles, 4 days after purchasing from the dealership, master cylinder went out, I also had to replace to clutch as well. Bought the car for 5,000!! To top the cake, now Ive owned the car for 2 years and already put in $3,200 in repairs and still counting!! Timing belt and water pump twice now, valve cover gasget twice, air intake, throttle body, catalyic converter, timing belt tensioner and pulleys, now right after getting it back from timing belt tensioner busting, it is trying to shut off while I am driving!! Gonna cost me anther arm and leg. May i also add i have gone through 2 sets of tires because the car is mechanically built wrong so it voided out my tires warranty due to how uneven the car was built. Sucks in the snow even with studs put on. The only good thing i can say about this car is the speakers, thats it!! Now the car kbb at $1,700 so now i cant even try to see it for what I paid for is as well as what i have put into it!! Its a lemon car made of three cars, Suzuki, Daweo and Chevy!!! The bolts are most likely Chevy parts!! Stay away from this car, it will do nothing but make your pockets run dry and waste of time and money

Suzuki...if only!
By kungfuking

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is made by 3 (that's right 3) different motor companies.
This vehicle is part Suzuki, part Daewoo and part Cheverolet....all LEMON. Don't believe me look under the hood you will see American and Asian parts put together attempting to work in harmony with each other. If you need a cheap car don't look here the maintenance is just too much.

Good commuter for young drivers.
By alessing

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for a few years and never really had problems with it. Like others the airbag light came on but that was its ONLY problem. I wont complain about power because if I wanted power I could've bought something else. It was perfect for what I needed, something inexpensive, mildly efficient, reliable, and simple. This was perfect.

Standard power features not found in other cars, decent stereo, comfortable seats and ride.

Automatic Transmission is sloppy and sometimes unresponsive to a lead foot, and braking can require both feet at times.

It's a decent car, but....
By bigjazzfan

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Suzuki Forenza with 116,000 miles.
For what I need (a commuter car) it ran great.
I realized it leaked quite a bit of oil, and the antifreeze was disappearing, and the airbag light was on of course.
When speaking to a dealer he said he'd never seen a 2005 Forenza NOT leak a considerable amount of oil.
I had it for a few months, as long as I kept my eyes on the fluid levels, it was ok.
I eventually traded for a different car.
If you're looking for a car to rack up miles on, this is it.
If you're looking for comfort or long-term reliability, look elsewhere.

Though odd, I liked the "hold" button for going up hills, so i didn't rev up the engine more than I wanted. I also liked how fast it got up to speed for a 4 cylinder

I would just suggest a sturdier car and a better electric setup so dash lights aren't going off like a christmas tree all the time.

Dependable
By spainishkat

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for our son who was going to college in 2008. We have never had any problems. It is not a sports car or a chick magnet. If you want a dependable gas saving car this is it.