2005 Suzuki Forenza S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

2005 Forenza Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

Sort Reviews by

Suzuki...if only!
By kungfuking

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is made by 3 (that's right 3) different motor companies. This vehicle is part Suzuki, part Daewoo and part Cheverolet....all LEMON. Don't believe me look under the hood you will see American and Asian parts put together attempting to work in harmony with each other. If you need a cheap car don't look here the maintenance is just too much.

Good commuter for young drivers.
By alessing

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan w/ABS (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I had this car for a few years and never really had problems with it. Like others the airbag light came on but that was its ONLY problem. I wont complain about power because if I wanted power I could've bought something else. It was perfect for what I needed, something inexpensive, mildly efficient, reliable, and simple. This was perfect.

Favorite Features

Standard power features not found in other cars, decent stereo, comfortable seats and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic Transmission is sloppy and sometimes unresponsive to a lead foot, and braking can require both feet at times.

It's a decent car, but....
By bigjazzfan

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Suzuki Forenza with 116,000 miles. For what I need (a commuter car) it ran great. I realized it leaked quite a bit of oil, and the antifreeze was disappearing, and the airbag light was on of course. When speaking to a dealer he said he'd never seen a 2005 Forenza NOT leak a considerable amount of oil. I had it for a few months, as long as I kept my eyes on the fluid levels, it was ok. I eventually traded for a different car. If you're looking for a car to rack up miles on, this is it. If you're looking for comfort or long-term reliability, look elsewhere.

Favorite Features

Though odd, I liked the "hold" button for going up hills, so i didn't rev up the engine more than I wanted. I also liked how fast it got up to speed for a 4 cylinder

Suggested Improvements

I would just suggest a sturdier car and a better electric setup so dash lights aren't going off like a christmas tree all the time.

Dependable
By spainishkat

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this car for our son who was going to college in 2008. We have never had any problems. It is not a sports car or a chick magnet. If you want a dependable gas saving car this is it.

Car is fair.
By wayne6372

2005 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This is a nice car but parts are more expensive then usual.Has some major issues under passangers side dash that need fixing.Gas milage is very poor for a 4cyl

Competent, but uninspiring
By aposak

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

For basic transportation and cargo hauling, this car is great! It has been rock-solid reliable at 135k miles. Anything over basic transportation, though, and you should look elsewhere. Although a lot of nice features and afterthoughts are included, Suzuki overlooked many of the basics. The lower dash and doors are soft plastic, which scratch and mar easily. The seats aren't particularly comfortable, though they feature several adjustments. Handling, acceleration, and braking are competent, but feel disconnected. I've averaged 24-26mpg combined throughout the life of the car.

Favorite Features

Lock-up torque converter helps with acceleration and gas mileage, and is a unique feature (that's what the Hold button is for on the gearshift). Great cargo space. Adequate power delivery and acceleration for a 4-cyl. Many nice touch features for the price/ class. They're fairly inexpensive cars as well, both new and used. Headlights have hazed on top, but the fronts remain crystal clear. Durable auto transmission. Love all the storage compartments under the cargo floor and on the sides of the cargo area. Headroom and legroom is great in both the front and back seats.

Suggested Improvements

Standard tires are an odd size; buy a more common size when replacing all 4 (like 185/60/R15). The steel rims are very soft steel, and bend easily. Fuel economy isn't stellar. Handling is neutral, not much feedback. ABS isn't standard. Parts and service availability is extremely limited outside the dealership. Cabin is noisy, but that's par for competitors as well. Factory stereo is anemic at best. Seats are not very comfortable for long trips.

treat it right
By campercasado

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

if you treat it right it will treat you right. that means regular maintenance. i have had it for awhile and it works great. big enough for my family.

Favorite Features

stereo is great. comfortable

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage ( i got above average but still)

trying to hard
By sparkey424

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

although this is one of my favorite cars i have had, it has a lot of problems. it's estimated mpg is [non-permissible content removed]. i have never seen better than 25 mpg. it looks pretty ugly, paint is terrible and is chipping away. has no power what so ever. if i have my ac on and try to go i have to burn the clutch to hell. recently somebody tried to break into my car and messed the locking system up and the dealership wants to charge 1200 dollars for it. break light never goes off. dealer wants 2300 for that. and my airbag light is on, which again is 1200 dollars to fix. although i have no problems with the rims. take it off roading where i'm not supposed to be and can take the abuse.

Favorite Features

stick is nice. radio control. seats are pretty comfy. heater works like a beast. trunk is quite large for the size of the car.

Suggested Improvements

bigger engine. better suspension. needs a better horn. better sound system. better quality in the center counsel. auto door locks. needs a better look. more quality to it. try to make it more appealing. bring it back!

Dont do it
By guyandron

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Forenza brand new. I've bent numerous rims on it (7), It's been through 2 transmissions only one of which was covered under the warranty, it's gone through 4 sets of tires and I'm happy to say I just traded it with 126,000 miles on a Ford Taurus. The gas mileage was horrible even thougg I did mostly highway driving. The car left me stranded on three seperate ocassions and I've had numerous electrical problems. Also went through 8 headlights. If you're looking for a car in this catagory, stick with the old timers like Nissan, Honda, and Toyota. You may pay a little more up front but your cost of ownership will be significantly lower. I will never buy another.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Rims, Tire wear, Headlight bulbs, electrical

Don't waste your money
By crissy03

2005 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I too own a Suzuki Forenza 05 and as soon as it reached the 58,000 mile mark it began in a down spiral. Not to mention that the Suzuki dealer in my area couldnít even fix the problems which is pretty sad. It all began when the lock on my driverís side became unscrewed you could literally hear the lock rattling around in my car door of course I had to promptly get this issue fixed. Then I began having problems with my car not starting properly. I would try and start my car and it would immediately die, after a couple of rounds of this it would eventually start up the engine would sputter than it would began to drive smooth. The day this began I took the car into the dealer (by the way my che