2004 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:
not so good...do your research: recalls, reliability, parts
By girlwithacar on 06/30/13 08:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

You would be better off investing in a good, credible, affordable vehicle. Suzuki no longer makes cars; therefore, the parts are difficult to find and most of their car dealerships are few and far between (in other words, very few exist to service those with Suzuki cars.) I purchased a 2004 Suzuki Forenza in 2006, and it had about 20, 000 miles on it. It stopped working in June 2013 because it needed a new PCM ($1,230 to repair) and it had about 103,000 miles. However, between the time that I had it and the time that it died, the car had major issues with gasket, valve, oil, trans sensor. Also, it had at least 4 recalls on parts so be sure to do your research.

Bad Company
By cliffmc on 02/08/11 10:52 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought 2 Suzuki Forenza's from Dealership in New Smyrna Beach, FL. the first brand new and the second used. The A/C climate controls broke on both, only 43,000 miles on the second one! Right after warrantys were over of course! A $300.00 part! Had to pay the Dealership $90.00 to look at it and say "yep its broke" so they could send a report to the Manufacture in the hopes of fixing it free of charge or some kind of help? But of coarse they declined to help at all! This Multi Million Dollar company screwed over a loyal customer for $300.00!! The Dealership has never been very helpful or that friendly after you buy! I Would highly recommend everyone to stay away from Suzuki!! Built cheap!

headaches!
By HEADACHE on 07/15/10 18:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was so excited when i first bought this car. it was my first brand new car and i was excited that i got such a great price...unfortunately all that changed 2 years into owning it. the check engine light had been an on going problem since the beginning. multiple small problems arose in between then and now. the pickup in the car when accelerating is very slow. as for the last 2months. i have had the car in the shop more than ive had it at home. it has not been able to pass inspection for the THIRD time. lets see its had, a head gasket replaced, antifreeze leak fixed, serpentine belt replace 2x, new thermostat 2x, new pcm ,still not fixed now. buyer beware!

Decent Ownership
By RichW1 on 01/16/10 04:12 AM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine new in '04, have been blessed with only minor items.Overall experience has been great. At 57,000 miles I need to spend $1200 on "normal" things like a water pump,struts, transmission flush, and timing belt. I cannot complain.

Great Car
By Dmoore on 09/30/09 18:11 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I thought I would give the Forenza a shot when I bought it. The stereo was good and was the most comfortable out of all the cars I test drove. This is my work vehicle so comfort is important. I have over 106K miles and the only thing I replaced is the brake switch. It took two days to get from the dealership and cost me $15.00. I replaced myself in their parking lot. It is not a luxury car but it has definately met my needs. It will run for another 100K miles.

not impressed
By sad owner on 04/01/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 100,000 mile or 7 year warranty. Right after 100,00 miles everything broke! I have to get new struts on all 4 wheels, new wheel bearings, the electrical is bad and the cigarette lighter is broken, It's going to cost thousands to repair, and of course not under warranty anymore.

Good car for low budget buyers!!
By tom on 09/03/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm using this car for the last 4 years. I drove 62000 miles on it. Running good, never gave me any trouble. I'm glad that I chose Suzuki Forenza.

My Suzi
By Marlyn on 08/22/08 20:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Suzi at 35k. I love my car. It has a sunroof and other cool stuff. The engine has its own quirky sound. It's the perfect family car for 4. The sunroof button is starting to stick. I would never trade it.

Don't Buy One
By Sarah on 08/17/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car was purchased primarily because of the cheap price & options. If only I had been wiser. It worked well for about the first 2 years. However, city MPG is usually 20 or less, which doesn't make much sense for a car of this size/class. I've had numerous issues with the car alarm randomly sounding & the engine not turning over at all. At one point, it took over 30 attempts to turn the engine over. It was in the shop 5 times, yet the Suzuki dealer couldn't solve the problems. Go figure. The paint job is cheap & chips/scratches way too easily. Buyer beware: you can get a brand-new used Corolla for about the same price as a new Forenza. Get the Corolla, avoid the hassle.

Loved my Forenza (yes LOVED)
By DF on 03/03/08 17:12 PM (PST)

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Forenza new and have had little problems with it. Replaced the headlights within two years and just recently one taillight. The reason I say loved, is that I totalled it this past weekend. I was involved in an accident and the whole front end of the car whas demolished. Yes this is good news, the whole passenger compartment was fine. The officer said he was amazed that the four of us walked away. I've heard good things about Suzuki's safety and now I can say that they are true.