Used 2004 Suzuki Forenza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Suzuki Forenza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forenza model:

not so good...do your research: recalls, reliability, parts
By girlwithacar

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

You would be better off investing in a good, credible, affordable vehicle. Suzuki no longer makes cars; therefore, the parts are difficult to find and most of their car dealerships are few and far between (in other words, very few exist to service those with Suzuki cars.) I purchased a 2004 Suzuki Forenza in 2006, and it had about 20, 000 miles on it. It stopped working in June 2013 because it needed a new PCM ($1,230 to repair) and it had about 103,000 miles. However, between the time that I had it and the time that it died, the car had major issues with gasket, valve, oil, trans sensor. Also, it had at least 4 recalls on parts so be sure to do your research.

Favorite Features

None...its a real plan Jane.

Suggested Improvements

None...suzuki no longer makes cars. Thank goodness or that.

Bad Company
By cliffmc

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought 2 Suzuki Forenza's from Dealership in New Smyrna Beach, FL. the first brand new and the second used. The A/C climate controls broke on both, only 43,000 miles on the second one! Right after warrantys were over of course! A $300.00 part! Had to pay the Dealership $90.00 to look at it and say "yep its broke" so they could send a report to the Manufacture in the hopes of fixing it free of charge or some kind of help? But of coarse they declined to help at all! This Multi Million Dollar company screwed over a loyal customer for $300.00!! The Dealership has never been very helpful or that friendly after you buy! I Would highly recommend everyone to stay away from Suzuki!! Built cheap!

Favorite Features

all in all reliable car, but with cheap plastic parts, window mechanisms broke too on both cars!

Suggested Improvements

Better plastic parts!! MUCH better customer service!! Dealership and Manufacturer!! Be loyal to long term customer!!!!!!

headaches!
By HEADACHE

2004 Suzuki Forenza S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I was so excited when i first bought this car. it was my first brand new car and i was excited that i got such a great price...unfortunately all that changed 2 years into owning it. the check engine light had been an on going problem since the beginning. multiple small problems arose in between then and now. the pickup in the car when accelerating is very slow. as for the last 2months. i have had the car in the shop more than ive had it at home. it has not been able to pass inspection for the THIRD time. lets see its had, a head gasket replaced, antifreeze leak fixed, serpentine belt replace 2x, new thermostat 2x, new pcm ,still not fixed now. buyer beware!

Favorite Features

interior comfort,good stereo system,outwardly nice looking car

Suggested Improvements

use parts that actually hold up with time. don't sacrifice quality for price

Decent Ownership
By RichW1

2004 Suzuki Forenza LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine new in '04, have been blessed with only minor items.Overall experience has been great. At 57,000 miles I need to spend $1200 on "normal" things like a water pump,struts, transmission flush, and timing belt. I cannot complain.

Great Car
By Dmoore

2004 Suzuki Forenza EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I thought I would give the Forenza a shot when I bought it. The stereo was good and was the most comfortable out of all the cars I test drove. This is my work vehicle so comfort is important. I have over 106K miles and the only thing I replaced is the brake switch. It took two days to get from the dealership and cost me $15.00. I replaced myself in their parking lot. It is not a luxury car but it has definately met my needs. It will run for another 100K miles.

Favorite Features

Comfort driving

Suggested Improvements

nothing for the price.