Used 2002 Suzuki Esteem GL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Suzuki Esteem - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Esteem model:

Reliability and Economy
By Martyk

2002 Suzuki Esteem GL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 85000 miles and am now up to 117000 miles with NO problems. I averaged 41 MPG on a trip across the country and have not had to spend money on repairs. I change the oil, filters and belts when needed. Great car. Radio and speakers are cheap and problematic, but overall car is very dependable and economic.

Exterior styling, fuel economy.

Outrageous parts and repair
By ron

2002 Suzuki Esteem GL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great gas mileage. Bought car new, but then the interior lights start burning out at 1 year. Interior starts fading, poor material. Air flow modulator went out costing 1000 dollars for just the part. Has 2 catalytic converters, but don't know which one to replace. Can't get it inspected because computer can't tell what is wrong with it. Will not buy another Suzuki after this disaster.

Gas mileage

Everything to do with repairing or replacing parts. Maybe that's why they quit making it.

I miss it already
By L.E.C.

2002 Suzuki Esteem GL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Until 3/18/04 I really loved my little Suzuki. I did have to replace the tires and a bumper, which were a little pricey (but this not a ford Focus, so don't expect to be readily able to get parts for cheap). But I love it more now because that car saved my life. I took my eyes off the road for 1 second and ended up rolling the car over four times. Where I was in the driver's seat held up wonderfully. The passenger side, not so hot, but for the impact it took (hitting a culvert in a driveway at 45 mph) it did well. I was able to walk out of the car. The car is totalled, but I owe that I am writing this today to that car.

I liked the car's enterior design. When you got in, you were ready to drive. I really liked the air bags and other safety features. I can appreciate them now

Impact resistant areas above the bumper and quarter panels would be great

Owner
By G Castanier

2002 Suzuki Esteem GL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good acceleration and power. Should get bettter gas mileage for small car. Also parts can be very expensive. Example $88.00 for a wheel cover. Hard to exit car due to lowness of seat.

Very peppy for a 1.8 litre 4.

gas mileage parts very expensive

Can't believe I bought it
By Nilka Alamo

2002 Suzuki Esteem GL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

In the beginning I had virtually no problems but over the past few months it is one thing after another. The car isn't even a year old yet. It has been an inconvenience for me to have to take the car back and forth to the dealership. I just wish I would have never bought it.

stereo system, and gas mileage

Hire mechanics that know what they are doing so my car doesn't have to keep going back to the dealership, and make a car that actually lasts.