Used 2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon

View reviews for a specific Esteem model:

I'd like it to last forever
By dotteddancer

2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon GL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter bought the 2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon in 2004 to drive between college and student teaching. It had 60,000 miles on it. When she graduated I bought it from her to drive to work with 90,000 miles. I have driven it now 5 years and it has 212,000 miles. So far there have been no major repairs required. My husband finds it uncomfortable but I don't have any problems driving it. It is low to the ground and tends to catch flying rocks on the windshield that a taller vehicle would have hit the grill. It averages 30-31 MPG highway, which is the majority of my driving. I would like cruise control. The biggest problem has been an oil leak at the head gasket and the CD doesn't work.

gas mileage is very good. It will carry anything and I have used it to move to a new home, carry fencing materials, hay and straw and even to take a goat to the vet

The engine is a bit loud and it is so low to the ground that it is uncomfortable to enter and exit.

sub frame
By 724joep

2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon GLX 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 2001 suzuki esteem wagon bought in 2002 with 4500 miles. as of 10/20/09 it only has 35000 miles on it. Last week we were going to town and the front sub frame just rusted out and broke. Could have been very bad but we were going slow. I called American Suzuki in Ca. and they are looking into it. I hope they man up and help me get it fixed. I have owned Suzuki motorcycles all my life and this is the first car I hope to keep it a long time. So come on American Suzuki and help a guy out.

2001 Suzuki Esteem GLX+ Wagon
By Ryan Grennan

2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon GLX Plus 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm glad I did my research before finally deciding on my Suzuki Wagon. This wagon is really a hidden gem in the minefield of Ford wagons and the Subaru . None of them can compare to the relibablity of the Esteem. It has the room I needed without sacrificing fuel economy. Best of all, it's subtle sportiness gets compliments from classmates at college while still being respectable at the workplace. This car has never given me any problems and from what I have heard, I don't expect any down the line either.

The great gas mileage (I get around 28 city/35 highway), dual airbags, splitfold seats, hidden storage compartments, and moonroof.

Give it a K&N Style cotton-gauze air filter to increase already great gas mileage and to smooth out throttle response.

Bulletproof Engines
By aaronwolfe

2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon GLX Plus 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

What is it about motorcycle companies
that move on to building cars, they
make the best engines. This is the
second suzuki I've owned (the first was
a sidekick 4 dr), I'm pretty abusive to
engines in general, high RPMs &
irregular oil changes, and I can't ask
for a more dependable powerplant. The
rest of the car is only so-so, but I
know that the car will still be tooling
down the road at well over 200,000
miles.

Lil Blu Wagon
By bluman

2001 Suzuki Esteem Wagon GLX 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A good basic car. Nothing flashy on
the inside. Has a nice exterior.

Is stylish for a small wagon. Lots of Cargo room.

Could shift easier on the 5-speed and a little more leg room