2000 Suzuki Esteem Consumer Review: 2000 Esteem Wagon 1.8, Great C

2000 Suzuki Esteem - Consumer Review

2000 Suzuki Esteem

GLX Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2000 Esteem Wagon 1.8, Great Car
By rd400f on

2000 Suzuki Esteem GLX 4dr Wagon

We bought our Esteem in 1999 but it's an 2000 GLX model. I got the car since my father passed away 6 years ago and now in 2013, it still runs like a champ.

I did the brakes pads once and then later on got some aftermarket drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic brake pads and new shoes and drums for the back.

In all these 13+ years the car has never broke down on the road but once it didn't start in the garage. it was just the CMP sensor and that's about a 15 minute job for this car. Replaced the Idle Control Valve once, alternator and the struts and besides the regular wear items, tires, battery, belt, It keeps on going.

My A/C never had problems since new and always blows cold.

Great A/C unit, easy to drive. It's just a great dependable car to take my child to school and me to work everyday and don't have to worry about it breaking down like a lot of more expensive brands. Has a timing chain and not a belt so no replacement or pre maintenance care. Change the oil every 3 months and add gas and go. Great little car.

Could use a smoother ride and a quieter interior. A little more pep in the motor. A little higher stance since I'm a tall guy. Sorry can't find too much on a car that is suppose to be simple and reliable because it is.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review