Good while it lasted.
By jend26 on
2000 Suzuki Esteem GLX 4dr Sedan
Well, bought used from a dealership, and was great at first. Had no problems until a couple months later the electical system started having problems. Radio clock wouldn't light up, and radio would turn off on me. Started idling really high, and the brakes and tires were having to be replaced often, sometimes once a month. I was buying used tires, then when I had the money bought new ones. But even with new ones, they kept leaking for some reason, so would have to put air in quite often. The rotors went bad very quickly also. Don't think the dealership did a good check but that's a gamble we all take when buying a vehicle. Think I payed way too much for it also. $12,000.
Favorite Features
Liked the gas mileage, and smooth ride. Was driving constantly in this car. Lived in Mountains, and did well for a 4 cylinder. I put around 40,000 miles on top of what was on their already in less than a year, and it did well until I had an accident. That it was automatic.
Suggested Improvements
Better electrical system, and radio. Could use a better design on the inside. Outside is ok for a sedan, but inside was very plain and could use better cup holders.