1999 Suzuki Esteem 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Inexpensive Contemporary Wagon

1999 Suzuki Esteem - Consumer Review

1999 Suzuki Esteem GLX 4dr Wagon

GLX Wagon (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Inexpensive Contemporary Wagon
By DKour on

1999 Suzuki Esteem GLX 4dr Wagon

I am ompletely impressed with this vehicle. I purchased it used for very little money from an owner that took good mechanical care of it. Cosmetically it could have been better but all his records were there. I have never had a major issue with it, just routine maintenance. Take care of your car and it will take care of you. The ride is a little crude, but when it comes to large bumps the suspension soakes it up with surprise. Its handling is sporty. Compared to other wagons that I tested, this thing is fun. Its cargo capacity is great. Its seats fold totally flat, I carried a week's woth of camping gear and was still able to cover the rear contents with the cargo shade. I'll have to continue to carry my 8 foot kayak inside the car untill I get the roofrack adapters that I need.

Favorite Features

How it gets 30+ mpg, station wagon capacity with sports car handling, roofrack, cargo room, and power door locks and windows.

Suggested Improvements

Add a cassette player?