1999 Suzuki Esteem - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Esteem model:
Best little car I ever owned...
By salfsu on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Suzuki Esteem GL 4dr Wagon

After driving (and driving and driving) my Esteem wagon for three years and 125,000 mi., I can say that I am happier with this car than any I have owned. When I bought it, I didn't even know Suzuki made cars, but I liked the styling and the price was right. I am happy to say that in three years (and all those miles), not one thing has gone wrong with it...I am amazed. It has even engendered brand-name loyalty in me: I actually shopped Suzuki first when looking to replace it (I looked at the Aerio, but the styling doesn't have me convinced). I'd recommend this car and think it would make a reliable used car purchase. ENJOY THIS CAR...I DID!!!!

The Lemon
By got screwed on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Suzuki Esteem GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased my vehicle from Dennis Dillon about 2 years ago. I have had nothing but problems with it and the dealership has been horrible as far as fixing the ongoing problems. The car itself is ok I guess, but the dealership sucks!! Just a friendly warning before buying a car from the lemon lot!

good car
By vinnesa on 03/12/02 20:14 PM (PST)

1999 Suzuki Esteem GL 4dr Sedan

It is a spunky car that is very under rated by the critics. If you're on a bugdet then this is a good car for you. Because i am a college student and have to drive about 25 miles one way to school five days a week. I can fill it up once a week and it will last me. which is good because i a low on bucks. plus i am the only person that i see with this car so know one will want to steal it. I just wish i had some options on it.