Used 1999 Suzuki Esteem Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Suzuki Esteem - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Esteem model:

Excellent Car
By Excellent Car

1999 Suzuki Esteem Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Excellent car. This was my first car; my parents gave it to me in high school and I've been driving it every since. I have 148,000 miles on it & haven't had any major problems besides an axle replacement. I am amazed by the reliability and gas mileage. Truly an exceptional car.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, reliability, low cost for maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Interior: a sunroom, digital cd player

this car rocks!
By landon

1999 Suzuki Esteem Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

i purchased this car ten months ago. i have NEVER had a problem with this car. i have studied automotive technology so i know what would be bad about this car. i have never had this car in the shop other than tires and oil change. i am ninteen years old and i run this car very hard. people dont know what they are talking about when they talk bad about this car. changing oil and servicing the car normally will keep it going. dont brag on other cars that you service and rag on this one because you choose not to service it and it stops running. this car is better than any honda, subaru, or toyota. my car is a 1.6L 5spd with cold air intake and gets 42mpg. this car will fly! suzuki delivers.

Favorite Features

all. mpg. power. great power for 1.6L engine. will pass with ease.

Suggested Improvements

lower to the ground.

Bigger engine, better trans for 2001
By MANUEL

1999 Suzuki Esteem Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

All in all a good light fun to drive vehicle. Excellent mpg. Had 3 manual transmision repairs. I also met some owners with the same problem. Suzuki did address this with the 1.8 engine which I later swapped, could really feel the extra 27 horses in a 2200 pound car.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, light weight, decent looks

Suggested Improvements

Transmision

I still love my Suzi
By Nikyma

1999 Suzuki Esteem Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new off the lot 8 years ago. I still love it. In all this time, all that I've had to do is oil changes and replace tires, brakes and a battery. I've considered getting a newer car, but there's nothing wrong with this one. I'm at 115,000 miles and still no major repairs. In these days of high gas prices, I love that I can still fill the tank for under $40.00 and it will take me everywhere I need to go for a week. I'm keeping this car until it dies. I have a feeling that's going to be a long time.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

It's got everything I need. There could be extras. But for the price I paid, I'm very happy with it just the way it is.

Hate It
By cody

1999 Suzuki Esteem Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I hate this car. I have had so many things go wrong with it. The front subframe rusted out. The CV's went out. This all happened within a four month time span. My '88 Honda is in a lot better shape and it's eleven years older then it.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

A lot.