2009 Suzuki Equator Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equator model:
Diamond in the Rough
By Mike V on 09/28/09 17:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki Equator Extended Cab Premium 4dr Extended Cab 6 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I needed a newer truck with better gas mileage and Suzuki delivered. Suprised to find the price was $2000.00 less than the Nissian Frontier. I have been driving Equator for 3 months / 3000 miles and averageing 20mpg around town. The automatic transmission does take a bit of getting use to, maybe due to the 2.5l engine. I added spray on liner and a trifold cover. Many people surprised Suzuki has a truck and impressed with the look.

In the NYC area Nissan only offers 4.0 L
By Mr.G on 09/15/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

After considering the Frontier first, during the cash for clunkers period, I learned that Suzuki offers the same vehicle with 2.5L engine, I traded a v8 engine 5.0L/4X4. I wanted a engine, cut in half, to improve the mileage (10mpg), instead, the only engine offer in the neighboring area of 8 Nissan dealers was 4.0L. The vehicle's 1st trip was to my getaway cabin in the Catskill area. It took some learning to deal with transmission on long hill climbs, but it handled well, I brought a 1/2" rubber mat, preferred over the spray on mat and hitch attachment to chassis was simple to install with 6 bolts on chassis, all the wiring connection are right there by the bumper area, simple! Great Truck.

Premium Ride
By Roger on 08/07/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

I have owned my new Equator 2 weeks now. With the big 16 inch tires and aloy wheels, it rides like a big ruck.So far combind mpg is 20. Things they could improve on are: Should have offered the V-6 in the "premium. Plastic flimsy glove box and door. Gas door is not remote and can be opened by anyone on the outside. No trip computer unless you buy the "sport model. Dash lights illumination level is fixed and cannot be changed. Auto/manual shift is nice feature. Mud guards; bed liner and other items all extras also. This truck in the premium package should offer more as standard features especially for the price of this model. Needs improvement if Suzuki stays in the truck business.

Hidden Gem
By Chtyan on 08/06/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

I was shopping and didn't even know that Suzuki had a truck, I was looking at a Nissan frontier and after researching, I found out the equator was a frontier and the price was about the same but there are a few distinct differences 1-the better powertrain warranty 7 yr 100,000 miles vs 5 yr 60,000 miles 2-you get the better looking alloy wheels instead of the steel wheels 3- I think the grill is a lot better looking I've had this truck for 2 weeks now and I have to say I'm a very satisfied person. I'm 6,3 and their is plenty of room for me. I would suggest to anyone to take a hard look at the Suzuki equator.

Solid Truck
By James on 07/03/09 17:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Suzuki Equator Extended Cab Comfort 4dr Extended Cab 6 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I recently just replaced my totalled 2009 Toyota Tacoma with a 2009 Suzuki Equator. I could not pass up the incredible rebates and the fact that the Equator is essentially a Nissan Frontier. My only complaint with the truck is that the 5th gear is too low which leads to higher cruising RPMs. I assume the Equator would get the same mileage as the Tacoma if it had a higher 5th gear. Overall, excellent truck. Well worth the purchase price! Also, get a sprayed-on bed liner...looks great with this addition.

Brand new owner
By Moose on 05/16/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

Well, I have been hunting for a new vehicle & stumbled upon this new Suzuki Equator! Looks great, but I'll admit I hadn't done any research on it. Dealer said it was basically a Nissan Frontier, but looks better to me! I just bought mine last night & will come back here after I have some experience with it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Suzuki Equator Extended-cab in VA is:

$147 per month*