Used 2009 Suzuki Equator Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Suzuki Equator - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Equator model:

Go big or stay Nissan
By R.Norman

2009 Suzuki Equator Sport 4dr Crew Cab 6 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Good warranty, okay fuel mileage,and a comfortable ride. After buying my truck, I later returned to the dealer, and was unable to order parts,such as a bush guard, mouldings, etc. The Equator appeared to be there pink elephant, opposed to other Suzuki products on hand. The parts department had no answers, however I found every thing I needed at Nissan. When time for servicing the dealer had to back order a oil filter. I reside in British Columbia, and have only seen one or two Equators in passing over the last 6 months. In western Canada, Suzuki needs to go big or leave this truck to Nissan. My truck gets a lot of looks, along with questions. Obviously due to poor advertising.

Grill package, confortable ride.

More finishing, less plastic, more after market parts and accessories on hand.

This truck is not safe for your family
By Family

2009 Suzuki Equator RMZ-4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this truck hoping for better fuel mpg & better performance. We loved the truck when we first bought but in Aug 2009 we were on vac. the brakes went all the way to the floor & are very mushy. We are still dealing with this issue & no one wants to help us. The Suzuki rep. states everything is fine but two other certified brake tech states that there is a problem. So we have a truck that we can not drive because it is not safe for our family!!!!!

great truck for the money
By arnold

2009 Suzuki Equator Sport 4dr Crew Cab 6 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a v8 truck (14mpg combined) to a more fuel efficient truck great ride lots of power,very happy with my purchase looked at frontier,this was a much better deal(gps,side airbags step rails about $2800 cheaper than frontier)most important 7yr/100000 powertrain warranty.Has 2800 miles on it averages 21mpg combined will get better once engine breaks in.

power,looks,price,ground clearance and bed tie downs

longer armrest,too much plastic,in this day and age why do the stock factory radios do not have auxillary outputs.

Good Truck
By Snowman

2009 Suzuki Equator Sport 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle is made by Nissan for Suzuki however, Suzuki offers a better warranty and it comes standard with side curtain airbags. I can't tell you how many people that have stopped to talk to me about my truck. All of them were amazed that Suzuki is offering a pick-up truck. When I show them some of the features it comes with the factory (factory bed-liner, a utili-track tie down system, a Garmin navigation system, bed-extender, and the passenger seat folds down) they are simply impressed with the value. Now, I have driven this vehicle for approximately 5 months with no problems and or issues. The gas mileage I am getting with pure highway driving has been a consistent 22 MPG.

V-6 engine has plenty of power, factory bed-liner, utili-track tie down system, navigation system, comfortable to drive, good visibility, towing capacity, reliability, styling, plenty of interior room, and 7 year 100,000 power train warranty.

Bluetooth connectivity for cell phone usage, back-up alarm and or camera, ambient temperature gage, improved sound system with auxiliary input for mp3 player, diesel engine for improved fuel mileage or hybrid engine system, factory installed hitch and fog lights.

Diamond in the Rough
By Mike V

2009 Suzuki Equator Premium 4dr Extended Cab 6 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I needed a newer truck with better gas mileage and Suzuki delivered. Suprised to find the price was $2000.00 less than the Nissian Frontier. I have been driving Equator for 3 months / 3000 miles and averageing 20mpg around town. The automatic transmission does take a bit of getting use to, maybe due to the 2.5l engine. I added spray on liner and a trifold cover. Many people surprised Suzuki has a truck and impressed with the look.

All the basic needs included, sliding window, cd, driving lights, remote mirrors, bed hooks and lots of storage compartments.

Smoother transmission and Mud guards would be a nice touch.