Used 2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:

Good car till you need a repair!!!!!
By shankus74

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Beside changing tires and brakes the other repairs are laborious!!! Try to replace a ball joint, all the bolts are rusted and you need to replace them all!a job of 30 min takes 4 hours in labor. wait and youll see those major flaws!!

Favorite Features

Nice power engine the 2.3 l is very good! Cruise control Good sound from radio

Suggested Improvements

Better bolts maybe with zinc coating, prevent the rust from forming. Better seats. Big problem with the BOLTS !! Gas efficiency

Tough car
By Frank

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I liked the room and AWD. Car does great in all conditions. Milage OK avg. 27plus MPG commute. When there is no traffic 30 MPG at 65 to 70 MPH. Stero system terrible in the PA mountains. Only complaint is that it goes through factory front pads every 12k. Goes 30k with after market pads. I have over 175000 miles on the car and it shows no signs of giving up.

Favorite Features

AWD, steering wheel controls, heated mirrors. Seats are a good height, tons better than my Accent.

Suggested Improvements

Better Stereo, variable wipers

Well Satisfied
By David

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased used 06 in Jan 2010 with 48,000 miles. Very pleased with 31 MPG. Seats are comfortable and supportive which I believe the tall cabin and upright seating contribute too. Mine is the basic model so no cruise. Wish Suzuki had cut cost on the “Auto” climate control system and made cruise standard. Also wish the intermittent wpers had more variation. One speed intermittent wipers just doesn’t cut it in the Northwest. Clutch is smooth and positive. Impressed with fit and finished of interior except for the carpet which is a bit thin. Large trunk area is nice and fold down seat add to the space but body structure intrudes making the opening behind the seat somewhat constricted.

Favorite Features

Seats, rear leg room, gas millage, fit and finish, driving confort

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control standard, Variable intermittent wipers, center console.

A VIC to an AERIO
By Motorhead73

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I LOVE the AERIO. The couch in a boat(crown Vic) was scary driving on wet roads and the weight was great for coasting. The security the Aerio has provided is the biggest seller for me. It hugs the road and grabs the corners without any sway. The control of the front end with the Aerio sets the ice fear to the back burner. The power on the 2 uphill climbs over looking a steep cliff makes me feel !!!! The seat wraps around you like a race car seat for secure fit in a drive of great head and arm room with two people in the front, I the larger lovebug and I do NOT feel crunched in any way. Like sitting in a chair, sliding across the seat for entry (not a drop to the floor)

Favorite Features

The seats make a great ride and the ability to pick up odd ball stations on the radio. The car itself is so cute with the back end being about waist high. Great Trunk

Suggested Improvements

I have none at this time, I love it!!!!!!!

I Love My Aerio!
By zeabry

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Aerio. It is first car I have owned and I would not trade it for the world. We love Suzuki's and have the Aerio and XL-7. I would recommend this car to anyone. I has great power, great amount of head and leg room, and is just an all around great car. t is a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, stereo, comfortable seats, head/ leg room, body design, and color (ice blue) and great engine power

Suggested Improvements

Trunk unlock on keypad.