2006 Suzuki Aerio - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerio model:
Does it get any better?
By sal96 on 06/04/14 18:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Aerio with 130k, and I couldn't be happier. The Four cylinder, is quiet, built well and doesn't lag. As with typical small japanese cars, required service is minimal, changing your oil, ATF (very important), brakes every 20k. When it comes time to do service like timing belt and alternator, it is still easier to do than many other vehicles. Headroom inside is very good

Good car till you need a repair!!!!!
By shankus74 on 11/16/13 11:35 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Aerio 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

Beside changing tires and brakes the other repairs are laborious!!! Try to replace a ball joint, all the bolts are rusted and you need to replace them all!a job of 30 min takes 4 hours in labor. wait and youll see those major flaws!!

Amazing Vehicle!
By jason132 on 04/23/13 20:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Premium 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new and now have over 290,000 KMs (180,000 miles) today. You did not read that wrong! I have never had a problem with the engine or transmission. To put this in further perspective, I live in the coldest city in the world, Winnipeg MB. This car has been an absolute blast to drive! It still handles beautifully and still has as much power today as the day I drove it off the lot. With routine maintenance I don't think this car will ever die. I would recommend this car to everyone!

What an Amazing Car!
By ladyshoes on 02/03/11 18:21 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned my Suzuki Aerio SX for 5 years and have over 80k miles. In that time I've driven it through ice/snow storms, high heat and across country twice. This little car hasn't given me ANY problems whatsoever. In fact, except for fluid changes (and irregular ones at that), 2 new sets of tires and new brakes at 75k miles, I've had no problems. Body still looks brand new, although the bumpers are a little flimsy and may crack if you hit something high. Interior is very high quality, especially compared with the cheap stuff in cars today. After over 80,000 miles it's still running like the day I bought it and body is still solid. Impressive for an inexpensive car that I've driven hard

Tough car
By Frank on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Aerio 4dr Sedan AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I liked the room and AWD. Car does great in all conditions. Milage OK avg. 27plus MPG commute. When there is no traffic 30 MPG at 65 to 70 MPH. Stero system terrible in the PA mountains. Only complaint is that it goes through factory front pads every 12k. Goes 30k with after market pads. I have over 175000 miles on the car and it shows no signs of giving up.

Good Car
By nevadaboy on 06/21/10 15:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

It's a good car. Although, when we went on vacation and unplugged the battery cable and came back and plugged it back in, the stereo was locked. Now we can't use the stereo - it's locked forever!

Bring Back The Aerio
By UW2012 on 04/27/10 01:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Premium 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My Aerio has been a great car, bought it new, only 5 miles on it. Some initial buzzing in door panels, but dealership fixed that right away, just tightned some nuts. Gas MPG's started out low but kept improving with more miles. Now gets 25 city if I drive reasonably and as high as 41.5 mpg hwy with avg hwy mpg's around 33 mpg. Storage capacity is outstanding, specially with the back seats down. Only 1 warranty claim so far, the water pump bearing, and the dealership treated me like royalty, free loaner car and fantastic attitude. I constantly get compliments on the looks of the car interior. Has it's minor quirks just as all cars do but none of them are serious. I recommend it to anyone!

Aerio Wagon, great used car
By Alan on 03/23/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Suzuki Aerio SX 4dr Wagon (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I was researching many different cars and trucks focusing on Ford Rangers, which I like a lot, Corolla's, and the Matrix Wagon. As soon as I drove the Suzuki Aerio around the block I was sold. The car had 45,000 miles on it but ran silky smooth, has good acceleration and go cart like handling. I will definitely consider buying another new one. Suzuki has made a believer out of me. Like another reviewer here I am 6'3" and this car has more head room and open space inside than my Subaru, or Rav, which are both great cars as well, it's just the Aerio is the best handling sporty drive of the three and shifts gears so smoothly I rarely feel it. The sound system also rocks.

Decent car, great value
By N. Smith on 02/01/10 09:36 AM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Aerio SX Premium 4dr Wagon AWD (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Suzuki Aerio new for just over $15k. I drove it until the fall of 2008 when I went to a Nissan Frontier. I put almost 50k catastrophe-free miles on it, and believe I got more than my money's worth. Though not as refined or well-designed as it's competition, the Aerio is a terrific value and, at least in my case, a reliable, versatile vehicle. If you can deal with it's quirks, and don't mind a rough ride, it's definitely worth a look. I don't regret going to a pickup, but I do miss the fuel economy of the Aerio. My mother has the car now, and has been using for over a year with no issues; the AWD is a great safety feature, and a real plus here in snowy N

Well Satisfied
By David on 01/20/10 22:34 PM (PST)

2006 Suzuki Aerio 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased used 06 in Jan 2010 with 48,000 miles. Very pleased with 31 MPG. Seats are comfortable and supportive which I believe the tall cabin and upright seating contribute too. Mine is the basic model so no cruise. Wish Suzuki had cut cost on the “Auto” climate control system and made cruise standard. Also wish the intermittent wpers had more variation. One speed intermittent wipers just doesn’t cut it in the Northwest. Clutch is smooth and positive. Impressed with fit and finished of interior except for the carpet which is a bit thin. Large trunk area is nice and fold down seat add to the space but body structure intrudes making the opening behind the seat somewhat constricted.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.